Jared Leto

Sued for Not Making Music

8/15/2008 8:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If you've been dying for the next 30 Seconds to Mars album, get in line, so is their record label.

In the breach of contract lawsuit, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Virgin Records alleges Shannon and Jared Leto violated their recording contract by not putting out the agreed number of albums. The suit says the Leto Bros. agreed in 1999 to cut five records for the label, but on July 4 of this year, they say the Leto boys quit -- three albums short. Virgin is suing for "in excess" of $30 million.

A rep for the band cries foul, telling us that even though the band has been signed for nine years and have sold more than two million records -- and lived through five regime changes at the label -- they still haven't been paid. Paging TLC!

KNOWITALL

you loser's posting"first" when your tenth...get a life!

Per Sona

You guys who write these evil comments do you really think it!?! I can't believe you don't like the music of 30 seconds to Masr at all. I find them being AWESOME! They are so TALANTED! You say all this because you heard that the actors cannnot do music and sing and you follow this opinion which is not even yours. You are unable to have your own opinion or what? I hope everything be fine and this thing ends quick, so that we can have the next album.

i hate hollywood

THANK GOD THEY ARENT MAKING ANYMORE MUSIC!!!!!! THEY SUCK ASSSSSSS

whatevs

hahaha paging TLC =) They sold over 10 million records when they had to file for bankruptcy for not getting any money. I miss TLC. Lisa please rise from the dead. You're needed here :)

david

They should be given 30 mill to stop making music.

judas_o

isn't this the same record company who screwed over the smashing pumpkins? yeah, jared's a genius. he'll straighten things out.

Sean

nice....... :]

__________________________

Starlight

Jared's supposed to be 'in the recording studio' but is swanning around in Beijing enjoying the Olympic Games. 2 CDS in 10 years when they're supposed to make 5. I just feel sorry for Matt, Tomo and Tim, who will be sued along with the Letos when it's nothing to do with them. I've had SEVEN concerts cancelled on me by 30STM. Virgin don't usually file frivolous lawsuits, I hope both Letos end up with their credit ratings in the doo-doo. Those of us who were fans at the beginning have long given up hope on anything more coming from the band. They were good once.... but that was a long time ago. Time moves on... and so have the fans.

mjroxz

i cant belive this they better come out with a new albem i thought they were sweet and nice and kind then they pull this its not fair i love these guys to death i love thier music i love thier videos idk if i should love them or hate them this broke my heart to read this :[

Ebony999

30 seconds to mars rocks!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish they were not going thru all that legal stuff. I wish them the best an I LOVE JARED!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3