Cops to Diddy: Freeze!

8/23/2008 9:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Diddy was introduced to the barrel of a gun early this morning.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ at around 3:00 AM, Puff Daddy, aka Diddy, aka Sean "Puffy" Combs, aka Sean Combs, was being driven by an entourage on the Sunset Strip. One of the cars didn't have proper tags and deputies from the L.A. County Sheriff's Department made the stop.

We're told the other three cars in the entourage stopped as well. It's Sheriff Dept. policy to call for backup when other cars linger at a traffic stop. Backup arrived and the driver of the second car became "extremely uncooperative," to the point he had to be detained. At that point, Diddy and the remaining five or six members of the entourage got out of their cars and began walking toward the detained member of their posse.

That's when one deputy drew his weapon, not knowing what the dudes were up to. We're told at the time the weapon was drawn, deputies did not know Diddy was part of the group.

Ultimately things became peaceful, the detained guy was let go and everyone lived happily ever after ... for the rest of the night. BTW, the guy who was stopped -- turns out he was in a rental car so he wasn't ticketed.

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

Angel

Diddy! If you thought racial profiling was a stone gas in NY~ You've only just begaun to learn the West Coast~ Its worst then the Southern Mississippi Delta. Yes! I said it ~ The truth is what it is. Diddy next time your in your car listen to Trick Daddy's "America"~It's not just a song ~it's yesterday, today ~ & still tommorrow even if we do get a Black President.

Angel

Some of you commentors are so ignorant What the dogballs does Diddy being a Dad have to do with the story?
The story is centered around a "nolifehappytohaveajobgonnagetmeone" officer & undercover racial profiling in California,
since California was mentioned~Why don't we talk about the sick A$$ State that legalized Sick Gay marriages~What does that do for parents trying to raise their children in California in a Biblical moral standard????????????????????????????

Michael

Ya know, I always aspired to be a no talent low life from "da hood", but with Diddy around I figured there wasn't much room for another one, so I decided to get an education and work for a living!

SMOOTH

WELL THEY JUST DOING THEIR JOBS LIKE THEY SUPPOSED TO AND I'LL BE GLAD WHEN THESE STARS REALIZE THAT JUST CAUSE THEY GOT TONS OF MONEY DONT EXCLUDE THEM. IF HE WAS BROKE I BET HE WOULDNT HA VE GOTTEN OUT OF THAT CAR AND APPROACHED THE POLICE LIKE THAT. SOME OF THESE STARS ACT LIKE THEY DONT KNOW WHATS UP.

claudia

Can someone please tell me what this has to do with Diddy being a father?????? The world does NOT revolve around anyones children. I could care less what type of father the man is, all of you sit in here and run your mouth about what type of father is he.......he should be with his children......blah blah blah. He got stopped it was not there fault and that is the end of the story. It is the west coast and that is th way it is out there.

memphisgurl

All HATERS, SHUT UP

Lisa J. Johnson

#169 it was their fault for getting out the car..1 car was pulled over not 4..Diddy is out in the wee hours of the a.m.one can look at that and wonder why isn't he home with his children.Diddy's late hours and ciroc parties might be why kim did not marry him she like any other real women want a real man not a partyboy perpetrating a rapper.

Lisa J. Johnson

nobody hating except those that are making derogatory remarks concernig race I think eveyone else is keeping it real.some of you are just illogical thinkers if you think Diddy was being harrassed because of his color...like I said before DUMDDIDDY should have kept his ass in the car he was just showing off when he got out the car I bet his guards was all around him like flies on shiit

Sensible

Does racial profiling occur? Of course it does. This is no surprise. People that are on here stating opinions to the contrary are living in a fantasy world. If you're a person of color, you probably have suffered this first hand... I know I have.

HOWEVER, in this case, pulling someone over because of expired (or absent) tags is legit. ALSO, P Ditty should not have gotten out of the car and attempt to interfere with an officer in the course of his duties. Was P Ditty trying to exercise his "celebrity"? Does he think he's exempt? I would hope that the police would not play favorites. I'm not a fan of the police... especially LA County Sheriff's deputies; they're thugs, just like their cousins with the LAPD. But if I were a cop pulling over a car and two other cars also pull over, then people get out of the other cars and started walking toward me... and it's 3:00 am... let's see, what would I do?

YEAH! I'd pull out a gun. To this deputy's credit he asked questions before firing his gun.

Let's both sides be sensible. Profiling occurs... but in this case P Ditty let his arrogance get him into trouble.

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12