Mos Def Accused of Violent Snatch

8/27/2008 4:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

No, it's not a rerun -- rap legend Mos Def is accused of causing another violent encounter with a photographer, this time in Las Vegas.

Mos was hangin' at the star-studded MAGIC fashion convention at the Las Vegas Hilton when he allegedly flipped out on a snapper -- not a pap -- yanking the camera from his neck and causing a small cut on the the shooter's hand. Mos then allegedly gave the camera to a security guard and took off.

Mos is now being investigated for larceny from a person.

LIFE IS LIFE

Never 1st.

ME

what happened to...."what happens in vegas stays in vegas" ?

aSiF

I love that the overly aggresive photog's want to press charges when they get checked. Live by the sword die by the sword.

UnEEkHer

Aww, Def?! I understand where you coming from but hey, atleast someone wanted to take a pic of you. And aren't you married?? what you doing rolling wit a female anyways?

your mother

Happy "Rapper Violence Day" everyone!

Houston Brian

Good. Get'em Def. Frickin' paps are piranhas.

ordinary citizen that is held accountable for his actions

Mos Def is not a rapper. He's a poet, a musician, and an activist. He's been featured in a few rap songs, but he himself is not a rapper. He does need to stop attacking people though, and start to practice what he preaches; peace and equality. And the article even states that the photographer he attacked wasn't a pap, but a "snapper" ... probably some tourist with a camera. Not cool, Mos, not cool at all!

D Rock

Crazy! I saw him in the San Francisco airport going through security on his way to Vegas last week. I took his picture - he noticed & told me to erase it (and watched me erase it from my phone). He was super nice but is NOT playin about having his picture taken.

Crack is WHACK!!!!!

I love Mos Def. He is one of the few artist out there who always portrays a positive image. Leave him ALONE stupid PAP....you needed to get b*itch Slapped.

john wayne gacy

defendant please rise !

smanhwood

Sorry fam went DMX for a minute.

Luke Warm

The irony is, the photographer didn't know Mos Def, never heard of him. A 60 years old white man. Was legit taking pictures on the convention floor for a trade paper. Mos Def screamed at him "You dont't give me any respect"......
Respect you have to earn!