Oprah to Palin: I Can Pencil You In Later

9/5/2008 2:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah has issued a statement to TMZ -- she won't put Sarah Palin on her show until after the election.

Here's the statement: "The item in today's Drudge Report is categorically untrue. There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this Presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over."

For the record, Barack Obama has been on "Oprah" twice -- in January, 2005 and again in October, 2006 -- before he announced his run for Prez.

Nat

I thought liberals were liberal, must have thought wrong, Oprah proves they are narrow minded,

loujed

Ladies, this sham artist is exposed. What a giant loser. She just lost the support of half of America. I truly hope her show (which I've seen once in my life), suffers greatly for her little tantrum. She could contribute to history, but chooses to be a putz.

T_E_X

Oprah is clearly biased, a racist, a bigot.... but more than anything like Obama, very very scared and in total panic.

Teresa

Remember she did not have John Kerry 4 yrs ago and Obama was there promoting his book before he even announced his candidacy. She made that decision after she accused of helping George Bush winning the election. Wait a minute I thought Sara was not looking for spotlight, I thought McCain accused Obama of being a celebrity and now they are looking for Sara to the same. Hypocrisy and double standard. It is like MCCAIN now wants CHANGE. Go figure. She should not have because remember. MEDIA is BIAS right? MEDIA against SARA right? So why being interviewed by a media queen? Go tactic Drudge.

Settle Down

As a private citizen Oprah has every right to support her candidate off of the show. It is then her decision to not support any candidate ON her show. Perhaps if Palin was a public figure prior to everyone's candidacy like Obama, she could have been on the show. Now Republicans cry fowl because they do not get their way. She is treating everyone equally on a public television show while preserving her private rights as a citizen. McCain would fight for Oprah's right to do what she is doing, why can't you?

AMB

I'm sure Oprah is heartbroken about alienating the illiterate redneck hillbilly audience.

tino valenti

RACIST RACIST RACIST

Can anyone IMAGINE the backlash if the situation were reversed ??!!

Of course, the communist media will bury this story along with all the other revealing stories about No-Bama's campaign,.,.

BOYCOTT OPRAH NOW>>>>LETS SEE ALL THE WOMEN STAND UP !!!!

sailmed

I was never a great fan of Oprah's, although I thought she at least had integrity. I have lost all respect for her now. Her show has become nothing more than a vehicle for her own personal agenda and thus, has lost all credibility. At least she is no longer pretending to conduct a forum on issues and ideas. Very sad, really. She once was a leader and instrument of change in the entertainment community. Now she is just another Obama sycophant.

bakawk

How is it biased when she said she wouldn't have any candidate on while running in the election, and she hasn't.
What's biased is this article and the headline and picture you're using, which are pretty misleading, to paint her as the bad guy. I'm not an Oprah fan nor do I watch her show but TMZ and Drudge are biased, especially when drudge always has ads for McCain at the top. And the bias is reflected in the polls results from people who just skimmed through, which is the majority.

Fitness Freak

I've never been a fan of Oprah and always felt her show was overrated (though she is a good business woman and did LEAVE Rev. Wrigh's Church probably a good BUSINESS DECISION). However, the bloom's off her rose and it kind of STINKS.

David Barrett

Oprah is under no obligation to promote Sarah Palin. No one should be taken in by the so-called "charm" of Sarah Palin. She is a radical Republican EXTREMIST dead set on taking away the rights of women and gays -- and she is no friend of Israel.

David

The end of oprah, thank you, thank you, thank you,

4williec

What a hippocrit! Ironic that Oprah is so intimidated by a stronger woman. Obama will end up being like an albatross around her neck. I hope Palin totally ignores Oprah in the future as she has already "jumped the shark" and is headed into a total state of "yesterday's news" irrelevancy.

Tiff

Who even says that Palin wants to be on Oprah?

Triple Play

#44 Kate Put down the crack pipe and teh black vibrator and do your housework. Yourr dillusions are very funny. Please read MLK # 43 for some insight