How the Kanye Arrest

Went Down

9/11/2008 1:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Erik, our cameraman, is on his way back to our offices now, after being interviewed by LAX Police. Here's what happened that led to Kanye West's vandalism arrest at LAX.

Erik says he was at Terminal 4 (American Airlines) when he noticed a still photog taking several pictures of Kanye West. Erik says West rushed the photog and grabbed his camera. A struggle ensued and the still guy was screaming, "Police, help!" Erik says Kanye then took the still camera and threw it on the ground, breaking it into pieces. (Click here to see the video)

Erik then went over to Kanye, his camera rolling, when Kanye's bodyguard walked up to him, realized Erik was taping, and said, "Give me the camera, give me the camera." Erik responded that he had a press pass and had a right to shoot. The assistant then grabbed the camera, ripped off the mic and viewfinder and smashed it to the ground.

Erik says Kanye then tried to leave to board his plane, but cops stopped him before he got to security. The cops then interviewed Erik, the still photog, Kanye and his assistant.

This is where it gets crazy. The cops asked Erik if he videotaped the incident and Erik said he had. That's when Kanye lunged toward him and said, "Give me the fu***ng videotape." Cops had to restrain Kanye as he tried coming at Erik.

The videotape is on its way back to our offices. We will post shortly.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

claudio

wtf tats crazy man!!!

LC

Good. I hate Kayne.

Showtime

Dumba$$....money will never buy you class.

HAHA

Good for Kanye!!! About time someone has enough of the paparrazi crap!

Dolly

As annoying as photographers can be, they do have the right to do what they do. Celebrities know this. They have chosen a very public profession. They do not have the right to destroy property.

my, my, what truth dacoits you are

Good for Kanye. You, tmz, are tabloid, trashy stalkers, not legitimate photographers. Maybe next time, hopefully, it'll be you that gets smashed to pieces, instead of your cameras.

aha

what a dummy! so... do we get to see the tape?

UH HUH

I would do the same thing if I was being constantly harassed by the paparazzi!!!

Anywhere but Hollywood, that is called STALKING

Jonquility

I wonder why it took so long to bust his ass. For some reason celebs like Kanye think their sh#t don't stink. I hope the photogs hit him up for some big ca$h money.

abqsmartypants

Good, the photogs deserved it. Let the people have some peace sometime int heir lives. Just because they are out in public doesn't mean you need to stalk them. Besides, no one cares that much about Kanye.

me

Good! I hate Kanye. He always thinks he can do what he wants. I hope Bubba gets him in jail

Limey Louie

I hope the authorities throw the book at the this uppity turd. He thinks he is above the law. Let him be down by law!

Zach

reallly TMZ? you guys are pretty ridiculous, kanye will be in jail for 24 hours tops, and then come out, and o boy kanye will have it for u guys. the industry is not run by the media its run by artists. hope you guys got some hella good lawyers!

Betty

The Papparazzi shouldn't be allowed in Airports, it's such an invasion of privacy. Good for Kanye, these papparazzi are out of control.

endzone11

I must say Kanye has some lyrical skills, no doubt. I used to like him. Behind the scenes he seems to be a bit of a loon.....what the hell was he thinking and why was he so mad his picture was being taken? He's rediculous. Ever see that episode of punked when Kanye took the film and tried to run like a little beyaatchhhh! I understand why he did it but still he made himself out to be a loon. If there is a good explanation of this event at LAX( which there probably is not) then i can continue to support him. if not, then i will continue to inspire him by hating on him and enticing him with drama. sound familiar. Kanye what is wrong with you??????? DAMN

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments