How the Kanye Arrest

Went Down

9/11/2008 1:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Erik, our cameraman, is on his way back to our offices now, after being interviewed by LAX Police. Here's what happened that led to Kanye West's vandalism arrest at LAX.

Erik says he was at Terminal 4 (American Airlines) when he noticed a still photog taking several pictures of Kanye West. Erik says West rushed the photog and grabbed his camera. A struggle ensued and the still guy was screaming, "Police, help!" Erik says Kanye then took the still camera and threw it on the ground, breaking it into pieces. (Click here to see the video)

Erik then went over to Kanye, his camera rolling, when Kanye's bodyguard walked up to him, realized Erik was taping, and said, "Give me the camera, give me the camera." Erik responded that he had a press pass and had a right to shoot. The assistant then grabbed the camera, ripped off the mic and viewfinder and smashed it to the ground.

Erik says Kanye then tried to leave to board his plane, but cops stopped him before he got to security. The cops then interviewed Erik, the still photog, Kanye and his assistant.

This is where it gets crazy. The cops asked Erik if he videotaped the incident and Erik said he had. That's when Kanye lunged toward him and said, "Give me the fu***ng videotape." Cops had to restrain Kanye as he tried coming at Erik.

The videotape is on its way back to our offices. We will post shortly.

ME

It's really a shame (and really stupid!) when a person lets his horrible, holier than thou, the world owes me something attitude overshadow his talent. I actually enjoy some of Kanye's music, but would NEVER spend a dime on it because I refuse to support his really s&^%$y attitude! He makes himself look like a fool everytime he opens his mouth. He seems to feel as though the world is entitled to his opinion. Get over yourself Kanye - you are NOT all that!!!!!

northern gypsy

ya...the paps can be a pain -in-the-a$$ ...you want fame???..it's all part of the deal...there's strings attached...K.W. stop being such a diva !!!

arte help

D*ck head

Concerned

Kayne is an embarrassment to his race and his profession. I am glad he is being arrested for acting like he is better than others, so what some guy was taking his photo. He must have realized when he chose this life that a lack of privacy was involved, still he chose it anyway. He shouldn't expect to have privacy in a public place such as an airport.

I, Slay The Dragon

KonYou and all the "we're BAD when we've got 37 other clowns wif us" crowd?
I'd hit 'em so hard, they'd recite Shakespeare.

TMZ FAN

I love TMZ and that PAPs.... F*ck kanye... I wish he'd go away

Lulu

Get a grip mister....grabbing someones camera and smaching it on the ground...what a A$$ hole. He should be happy that someone what's his nasty picture....what a jerk. Stars know that the job they do, they ARE IN THE public eye...regarless. We the plan joe wants to know all about them. They only seem to have a private life inside of their homes...DUH jerk when your out in PUBLIC....we see you....so just be happy some looser whats your photo...LOCK HIM UP...make him think twice before he touches someones elses camera...YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS WATCHING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Camera's tell no lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laker Girl

It's funny how a lot of stars hate the paparrazi, but what happens when the day comes when they are washed up and the paparrazi couldn't care less about them. They will wish they still had those cameras flashing at them.

go away

I really have no idea how he became so popular, it seems like he showed up on the scene one day and said Hey, everyone I am a legend and you need to love me. And those around him said Oh OK. He has no talent and his singing is rediculous and he really believes that he is the best in the business.

TMZ FAN

LOCK UP KANYE AND TOSS AWAY THE KEY !!!!! ... HE THINKS HE'S ABOVE EVERYONE... LETS SEE IF HE'S ABOVE EVERYONE IN JAIL ...

GIANTS RULE

PAPS ARE A BUNCH OF CRY BABIES......WHAT DO THEY EXPECT WHEN THEY HARASS PEOPLE? hahahahahahha

I WISH THEY GET BEAT UP MORE OFTEN

His Royal Blackness

He probably didn't want his picture taken becuase he looks bloated. Also yelling at people taking his picture makes him feel important. I don't understand why celebrities don't like having their pictures taken unless they're posing for the camera. It's just not that big a deal. These people who hate the paparazzi but still look at this web site must be fools.

TMZ FAN

I wish he would just go away .. Hasbin !

PAPS ARE STUPID

See thats ya'll Fault LEAVE THESE DAMN CELEBRITIES ALONE. IF THEY DID WHAT YA'LL DO TO THEM EVERYDAY. YOU WILL DO THE SAME. THEY ARE HUMAN. ITS THAT AN INVASION OF PRIVACY!!!! LEAVE THEM ALONE

HELL TO DA NAW!!!!!

Wow....Ron White get busted with weed and its ok...but Kanye brakes a camera...burn him alive...Racist bastards!
And suze your a ignornt bitch..what was the point of calling him a "N"??? what did you just prove?? I would love to have the names and address of people like you...