« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Phelps' Comedic Doggy Paddle

9/14/2008 9:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Phelps' monotone comedic styling wasn't used very much on last night's season opener of Saturday Night Live -- which was probably for the best.
Michael Phelps: Click to view!
But when it comes to the parts where they actually let him speak ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

aaron

first?

Daniel

What viewers really wanted to see was a glimpse of his 11 inch shwong. Now 11 inches is nothing to laugh at.

Jeff Dranetz

Fish out of water. I don't fault him, it's not any easy thing to do with out stage experience.

really?

I could not believe how UN-believably horrible this was!!! He is a painfully bad actor. I didnt have high expectations anyway, since the only reason he was on here is because NBC owns him. And, someone tell his mom to get a life and quit sucking off of his fame - for swimming only, folks. She is a pathetic mooch.

albert

Olympic Gold = Comedic Tin Foil. The WORST, MOST UN-FUNNY EPISODE of an UN-FUNNY SEASON of an UN-FUNNY TV PROGRAM that should have been canceled a long, long time ago! Saturday Night Live is THE WORLD'S MOST OVER-RATED TV SHOW! IT JUST PLAIN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

albert

Well said Arnie!!!

realjerseygirl

he's adorable,leave him alone!!! lets see you do better. i thought he was hilarious especially for never doing that before. jeez

Melon Head

This guy is a jag-off tool....who cares if he swims fast...did he cure cancer or discover something of benefit for people...total douce-bag!!

arte help

SNL hasn't been funny for years! Please bury it in a shallow grave.

scooterpie

Hey people!
He is not a comedian- He's is the best damn swimmer, EVER!- Cut the hottie some slack-
It's a lot of work to try to be funny your first time out in front of a live audience-
I still love him!!

hotmom

Are you all jealous much? When were you ever invited to go on Saturday Night Live???

His Mom has every right to be standing in the spot light with him. He did not drive his self to swim lessons all of those years. Who do you think paid for the swim lessons?

jjj

Michael is very talented...how many of you can go out there and did what he did? He was funny! My favourite part was the Phelps diet.

He showed that he is human, when he messed up his lines...we all mess up sometimes. I think he did a great job for someone with no acting experience acting for the first time infront of a live audience!

m

For a guy who's not an actor, i thought he did really well!!! he was funny to me!!! and still way hot!!!

aileen

Thanks Arnie. This programme is like the classic fairytale, The Emporers New Clothes. Once someone point's out that we are all being fooled - comedy show - ha!! - we then have the courage to speak out in agreement. Why is the show still on the air? That said, they usually manage 2 funny skits out of the show. Last night it was the Sarah P/Hillary C and the sketch about the jar opener, both funny! The rest was awful and I felt sorry for Michael, he was out of his depth for a change!!!

deezeey

I have to admit with alot of the comments here. I've been watching SNL ever since I was a little kid and it first aired back in the 70's. I turned in on for the first time in a couple of years just last nite. I wanted to see just how bad Michael Phelps was as a host. It wasn't nearly as bad as the whole show itself. What the hell happenen?!?!?!?!? I had to turn it off after a 20 minutes. Had people over last nite and no one was laughing!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments