Snake: "I'm Embarrassed, Scared, Crying a Lot"

9/15/2008 8:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A painfully broken Jake "The Snake" Roberts finally opened up about his public self-destruction at an Ohio wrestling event -- admitting the whole thing started when the recovering alcoholic fell off the wagon on the day of the match.
Jake Roberts: Click to hear audio!
During the extremely emotional interview with Chris Yandek on CYInterview.com, Snake blames the relapse on a deeply personal radio interview he gave on the day of the meltdown -- where he opened up about being sexually abused as a child (among other terrible things).

Despite taking the blame, Snake still believes someone slipped something into his drink before the match. But there is good news -- even though Jake admits he's "scared to death" and "crying a lot," he is adamant about not giving up on himself.

the hardest

harder

the hardest

F ME

the hardest

EF ME

the hardest

EF ME!!! OH YEA RIGHT HTERE!! HOLD IT!! HARDR!!!!

TRACKER

hey tmz what,s the story on rosie o,donnell ?

Helldorado

Am *I* the only person on Earth who HASN'T been sexually abused as a child?

Big Red

At first Jake you seemed like just another air head. But since the last article on you I don't think you are. I wish you the greatest success in your rehab. Any may God bless you.

northern gypsy

looks like he's got alot of bagage to un-pack...i'm not sure i'm buyin the spiked drink alibi...in any case...he's a train-wreck...needs some professional help...

Studly

Hang in there Jake! I know what it's like to be scared to death and crying alot because of "rehhabilitation issues." It's one of the scareist and roughest times in life. Hang in there!

Rikers

This breaks my heart. I wish him all the best, and congratulate him on his plans to "get back on the pony". Good luck, Snake.

anthony

as a teen i watched "jake the snake" , life is not easy and many times people take advantage of children..... its very unfortunate but its life... its sad that he fell of the wagon ...but at least he has gone through treatment... i hope that his close personal friends are there to give him support.... lets not make jokes out of a serious problem that haunts many people in this world.... the good thing is that he is a strong man and he can over come this battle.

Nate

I listened to the interview since I live in the Cleveland area and is on one of my favorite shows. Dude had a realllll messed up passt...the girl on the show even offered him a beer like an idiot during his story but quickly got scolded by the other hosts...it was the shows best interview though by far! sucks that he let it ruin his sobriety.

thomaso

Jake it is called a black out,and fears get worse as your disease progresses.it gets worse,get back into treatment and stay there .

What?

I feel absolutely terrible for Jake and I pray that he stays sober. God Bless you, Jake.

Al Baby