Courtney Slams Jonas Bros -- That Ain't Rock!

9/17/2008 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Courtney Love was doing anything but chillin' in Malibu yesterday. Kurt Cobain's widow had some very un-Disney things to say about purity ring poster children, the Jonas Brothers.
Courtney Love: Click to watch

Nick Mendoros

She is right. JonBro songs suck. Its not just their music style and voices that are too childish and annoying, its the entire Disney package that is juvenile. Disney took them in to make money even though they are horrible. I cant blame the fans; they dont know any better. They only see the singer's image and star persona that turns them on. Only musicians know the difference. Cant wait till these boys fade out and disappear.

Liz

Courtney dear, you might want to get that foot out of the doors of hell as, that is exactly where you are headed. But, then afain, that is where your husband is residing!

billboy

YES.............SHE TOOK THE WORDS OUT OF MY MOUTH...........please bring back the ROCK!!! Jonas Brothers are the poster child of "NO SEX before marriage" If one isn't wearing their rings.........the whole world would know what he did they night before....haha

Jonas Brothers are too young to know what Rock is.... their genre of music growing up was NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!!!!

please...bring back the rock. They have to bring in a good production team in their concerts because they just play basic power chords in all their songs and don't really have much going on except their hair. They have gibson guitars but don't know how to play them if you ask me.
So sick of hearing these gay boys who wears loafers and tight jeans to walk the dog.

paupau

I dont even have to watch this video, Im not fan of the Jonas Bros but I need to live under a rock to dont know who they are... now... why in hell do they ask something to this loser???? these guys have more fame and love for their fans than she will ever see in her entire life... jeez, u guys (TMZ) put losers in a spotlight for nothing

Chuck

Courtney is correct. They aren't rock musicians. They are pop musicians much in the same way as Bette Midler and Barry Manilow. They most certainly are NOT rock musicians.

leftabadtasteinmymouth

PURE SKANK! GO AWAY C.L.!!! FAR, FAR AWAY....YOU'RE OPINION OF ANYTHING IS WRONG!!! JUST AS YOU ARE! AND STOP WALKING AROUND ON BEACHES ALMOST NAKED (IT'S GROSS)....ONE OF THESE DAYS SOMEBODY'S GONNA MISTAKE YOU FOR TRASH AND TOSS YOU IN A WASTE BASKET!

katklan

Of course the Jonas brothers and Disney are juvenille. Who do you think watches the Disney Channel anyway? If they were around when I was 10 their pictures would be plastered all over my bedroom walls. Who cares what they sound like. I don't think anyone regards them as serious musicians. The only reason Courtney was even a known name was because of who she was married to. Kurt Cobain was a serious, but troubled musician. I don't think anyone is comparing him to the Jonas brothers. Were David Cassidy or Fabian serious musicians? No they were cute.

Goomba

The first time ever..I actually agree with her..jonas bros SUCK and PLEASE BRING BACK ROCK!!!!!!

Are you kidding me?

TMZ are you seriously listening to a mother that did heroin while pregnant? Perhaps she'll do the whole world a favor and shoot herself in the face?
I can dream can't I?

LaSmoocha

They're "Pasty White" ??? Honey PLEASE...

Heehee

WTF? These are good kids. So what if they're not rock musicians? I don't think they are being promoted as the new Motley Crue. Courtney needs to hang it up. This is a woman who has had her child taken away from her on a least two occasions that I know of and now she wants to go and bash on other kids. It's sick. You know, I'm so pissed at Cobain knocking himself off and leaving his daughter alone with that mother. She hasn't got an ounce of sense in that bleached out head.

Chrissy

Let's see Courtney has a hit song how many hundred years ago? She has supposedly been clean & sober for how many minutes? How long has it been since she has done anything? Besides open her mouth to complain about someone who actually has talent? I mean she is what now pushing 60 years old? And Looks older than that? Why doesn't she go back and bash Madonna like she used to saying how Madonna has no talent. Courtney, here is a nickle bag worth of advise. Got your attention with saying nickle bag? Good! No one cares about you. Probably not even your daughter who wishes she had a different mother since she is the one who had to take care of you all these years. Oh and if Madonna didn't have talent she would be in the same boat as you are now! But she is on a sold out World Tour! The only appearance you can be seen is on a Tabloid rag or TMZ where they like has beens. TMZ! Next time you see her you should ask her how she feels to be a old crack whore has been!

hell with them all

COME ON ALL YOU ASS HOLES THEY SUCK AND YOU KNOW IT.

sheesh

oh STFU you stupid little Jonas Brothers fans how much of a loser can you be to actually like that bland oatmeal pathetic excuse for a boy band. Even other boys bands must make fun of these 3 losers. I think the old one looks like a child molestor. And you spend your time defending them but they would never even touch you with a stick cause they are probably gay or sexually repressed anyway, and maybe the fact that all their fans are kinda ugly looking, fatsies, desperate over the hill older women or s6%4t for brains boring little girls. sheesh

reggie

The Jonas brothers do suck and should not be famous. But, I wouldn't pay any attention to this freaking moron. I wish she'd just go away for good. Go do something good for humanity you crazy (BLEEP)

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments