Crying Helio Pleads Not Guilty

10/3/2008 3:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Helio Castroneves just tearfully pleaded to tax fraud -- and, for a guy who's known for driving at high speeds, he's not goin' anywhere fast.
Helio Castroneves: Click to watch
He was brought into court in cuffs and shackles, and cried throughout the hearing. He had to give up his passport, and won't be allowed anywhere outside the US, though interestingly he can race this weekend in Atlanta.

Bond was set at $10 million -- $8 mil of which is security, from one of Helio's accounts in the Netherlands.

His lawyer was also arraigned along with Helio's sister, both of whom were allegedly in on the tax scheme.

Jolly

Stay Strong Helio! Your fans and people who know you are on your side. We know that you are not to blame. Keep your faith and hopefully this will all be cleared up soon.

Jolly

Helio is good guy so all you haters back off!

Let It Be

A special prayer will be said for Helio - He's always been such a joy to watch; so positive , up-beat and always with a genuine, smile to share.

Jolly

I agree. Helio is a world class gentleman. I doubt this charges are right and I expect he has his finances handled by others who may have done things without his knowledge. Mark my words. Stay strong Helio!!

UCanLipThis

Isnt helio a correspondent for one of those entertainment shows like ET or Access Hollywood or something?

Charliesmom

Last time I checked Atlanta was in the US. Why is it so interesting that he gets to race there this weekend?

Cayenne

This guy knows what's going down here just like he knew what was going down when he did this with his money!

justsaying

Hey No.2. Special prayer my ass. Last year I paid $762.000. in taxes. I don't make his kind of money either. What gets me is that these people do everything in their power to cheat the IRS to save money. And when they get caught (BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS DO), after crying like a baby, they then lose the money they saved cheating the IRS, plus Lawyer fees, Federal Prison, e.t.c. He's an idiot and he deserves everything he's going to get! I liked him on DWTS and I still like him but if found guilty............buy a butt plug!!!!

Debbie

He is crying because he got caught.

He knew exactly what he was doing. I do not understand why people with so much money think they get away from not paying their fare share of taxes.

I do not feel sorry for him.

PerrierEveryday

You know the old saying, nothing in life is certain except death and taxes. And you better believe the Feds are going to get theirs. Maybe he will be a new cellmate for Richard Hatch (the first "Survivor" winner).

wayne matthews

This guy is a pompus ass!! He cheated on his girlfriend last year, who do you think turned him into the irs. Good for her. I never trust a man with weird ears in business in life, it isn't normal a little freakish by nature. I love all the fat women on here feeling sad for him. Hey, fat women instead of feeling sad, maybe try to to mix in a salad once in awhile.

Triple Play

Helio knew what was going onHe should be sent bacl to S.A> and not allowed to work in the US.If it was any other country his A$$ would be locked up. He should cry he is guilty as sin

just wondering

umm, #9 - I seriously DOUBT you paid that kind of money in taxes. You are home, eating a bag of chips, gossiping and reading this rag and pretending to be someone. You prbably dont even have an income. In other words, people that pay them kind of taxes are not on TMZ in the middle of the afternoon. Get a life.

Zuzu's Petals

Shackles and handcuffs? You've got to be kidding! Make him pay the money and be done with it. Go after all those murderers, drug pushers, sexual abusers and Wall Street/Banking crooks. So stupid!!

Hahahahha

I hope he shares a cell with Snipes. Freaking millionares think they can get away with anything.

2021 days ago