« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dodger Fans Beer Batter Cops During Game 5

10/17/2008 9:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

One rowdy baseball fan was bleeding a hell of a lot more than Dodger Blue Wednesday night, when two cops opened a can of whoop-ass after being drenched in a beer-throwing incident -- and it was all caught on tape.
Dodgers: Click to view!
Here's how it went down: During the final game of the N.L.C.S., a guy in the stands was wearing a S.F. Giants hat and got it ripped off his head (allegedly by a guy dressed up like Manny Ramirez). Rowdiness ensued and the cops -- LAPD uniformed officers who were off duty and working for the Dodgers -- responded.

As the cops confronted the dreadlocked perp, some moron threw a full cup of beer at the officers leaving them soaking wet. When the cops turned to find the beer-thrower, another moron from a different section heaved more beer at the cops.

That's when the uniformed cops decided to enforce the anti-moron law -- grabbing the man they believe threw the second beer and dragging him down the concrete stairs. The tape stops, and by the time the shooter hit record again, back-ups were there.

An LAPD spokesman reiterated the officers were off duty and no one reported the incident to the Department. No immediate comment from the Dodgers.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Big Daddy

they should lose their jobs !!

2011 days ago

Leroy Smith the 5th

So? This is what every Dodger game looks like. Viva Mejico!

2011 days ago

Leroy Smith the 5th

kidbarrio.com needs to learn how to spell. Probably a product of the L.A.U.S.D

2011 days ago

Mykids06

Hey BARRIO Idiot. I'm a Mexican defending the COPS. IF they did beat his ass like you said, why would they return to their seats? So you were at all places each time? YOU saw it all? Really? WOW! If a crime is ever committed against you remember dont call the cops cause they are bad. But if you do, I hope it's one of these fine officers.

Go LAPD BLUE. To Protect and Serve. I thank you for your service. I thank you for keeping my family safe.

2011 days ago

kidbarrio.com

dude like I said I'M NOT AGAINST THE COPS JUST THE CROOKED ONES. SO IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME THATS OKAY. YOU MUST LIVE IN THE SUBURBS ALL YOUR LIKE . BUT WHEN YOU COME FROM A GHETTO LIKE ME AND SO MANY PEOPLE DO YOU NOTICE THE DIFFRENCE IN HOW COPS TREAT US. SO DONT GET IT TWISTED.

2011 days ago

George William Gockel

Once I went with a friend to the Top of the Park at Dodger Stadium during the 2006 season the Dodgers were on the road time. I live in Los Angeles,CA. Once I went to SAFECO Field with lots of my relatives on my dad's side of the family to see the San Diego Padres beat the Seattle Mariners 7 to 4 for my only Major League Baseball game during the 2000 MLB season and I also at my oldest cousin wedding in Seattle,WA. and last year she divorced her husband and she lives alone in Virginia. I hope,I want, I also need to go to heavy metal ,pop, aother kinds of concerts at Dodger Stadium. And I hope that the Los Angeles Dodgers will do way much better for the 2009 Major League Baseball season.

2010 days ago

xxlredhed

For everyone that is bashing the cops, especially the people claiming to live in the "ghetto", just imagine what you would have done if some meathead threw a beer on you. These cops showed great restraint in my book. I have seen first hand what happens when one drunk fan throws things at another drunk fan. In the words of Rodney..."Can't we all just get along?" Beer throwing meathead could've walked out on his own but chose to try and argue his point and not go along with the program and when the police decided to pull him out of the crowd, he pulled the fainting goat trick and flopped onto the ground. They then took him out on his terms by dragging his sorry a** down the stairs. There are always choices...the easy way or the hard way. He made his choice.

2008 days ago