Brit Reality Star -- Sloshed on Live TV?

10/22/2008 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's hard enough for us Yanks to understand the British -- but this chick is just brutal.
Kerry Katona: Click to watch
Kerry Katona, a British pop singer and reality TV star, showed up to a morning show completely out of it -- so much so one of the hosts flat out asked her what she was on, and the other insinuated she was an alcoholic. Let's see Regis and Kelly do that!

For those who can't speak the Queen's English, Katona is trying to blame her extremely slurred speech on prescription medication she takes to help her sleep at night.

Big Mr. P

My friends – As we move closer to election day lets keep in mind the safety of our troops and our families. We cannot afford to turn over the control of this country to a modern day Socialist Marxist like Hussein Obama/Joe Biden. If you heard Biden the other day he is already predicting a terrorist attack within 6 months of a Democratic takeover of the White House. Let’s keep this country safe and vote for McCain/Palin and also vote yes on Prop 8 in California. Keep marriage between a man and a woman.

Firefly

She sounds like she is taking pain pills. She also could be mixing them with alcohol. I recently dealt with a friend that sounded just like her. She also would blame her slurred speach on everything and anything but not the pills. She was in denial just like this chick.

LJ

Franky Boyle is gonna have a field day when he hears about this.

Liz

This is so painful to watch! Hopefully, she will see this and seek help.

One day at a time!

Big Mr. P

I'll rant where ever I want to Fluffyjerk

katie

Have you taken Ambien and then had to get up earlier than the prescribed 7+ hours of sleep? It sucks, because you are practically stoned. Happened to me twice and I will NEVER take sleep meds before anything important.

Stop accusing people of being on something illicit, because sometimes it's not.

ashlea

I take ambien at night to go to sleep. If I do not go straight to bed and try to stay up to watch a movie or something things get distorted. I will start seeing things that are not really there, having slured speach, unable to walk straight. Te point is it will out you through a loop. It say right on the bottle that it has extreme side affects. I do not get like this even on a bad night though, she is claiming she took sleep medication. There is no way. She is doing something else. If someone does not do something then this is the path the will be continued. I DO NOT THINK THIS IS FROM SLEEP MEDS. I SHOULD KNOW I TAKE SLEEP MEDS DUE TO INSOMNIA.

GET A HOLD OF YOURSLF ADMIT YOU HAVE A PROBLEM AND GET BETTER.

Danni

oh perfect people on the internet, please get off your opinonated high-horses and give this girl a break. The medication she is on does cause drowsiness and slurred speach. It's an antipsychotic drug which she takes as she is bi-polar.
Personally i think Saint Phillip should be sacked for how he backed this vulnerable girl into a corner. And as for the righteous Fern " i did it thro diet and exercise" Britton..... how dare she accuse anyone of having an addictive personality when she clearly is addicted to food. These perfect people make me sick.
I for one feel sorry for Kerry. She will never get up off the floor whilst people keep kicking her back down.
Shame on them all.

ashlea

AMBIEN DOES NOT MAKE YOU GROGGY AND HAVE SLURED SPEECH IN THE MORNING TIME. YOU WAK UP EXACTLY 7 HOURS LATER WIDE AWAKE AND READY TO GO FOR THE DAY. THAT IS WHY IT IS THE NUMBER 1 PRESCRIBE SLEEP MEDICATIONS. IT WILL MAKE YOU HAVE SLURED SPEACH AND VISION ABOUT AN HOUR AFTER YOU TAKE IT BUT NOT 7 TO 8 HOURS LATER. ASK A DOCTOR AND THEY WILL TELL YOU.

Brainy Sly Chic

She seemed fine. Didn't seem like she drank a thing. I think the hosts were rude to insinuate that she did. I would have been p'od if I were her.

MCCAIN/PALIN 08!!!!!

Mikey

UM... like this never happens in the USA?

What about Danny Devito???

rminva

She's a mess...

Carolyn A-B

This is what passes for a celebrity now?

And didn't she admit to using drugs while pregnant? It seems the Brits have their own version of Courtney Love in this one. She, Posh, and Katie Price are women of dubious achievements, indeed.

MIck

Just your typical Brit. LOL "I'm on holiday; I'm allowed to 'ave a drink, aren''t I?" Um, not at 6 in the morning when you;re doing a TV interview, you Brit idiot. Oi!

TOOL BAGS

Ageless date my a**. Are you kidding and why do you keep trying to get people to go on this website? Is this your job all day? You should be reported to TMZ, which I intend on doing.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments