Leachman Sucking Life Out of "DTWS"?

10/23/2008 4:09 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Dancing with the Stars" staffers are falling over each other to slam the show's grande dame Cloris Leachman.

Snitches tell the Chicago Sun-Times everyone from Susan Lucci to Samantha Harris has had enough of Cloris' "obnoxious schtick" and there are "deep concerns" she's driving viewers away. Lucci is "outraged" Cloris has made it this far.

"People joked it must be a whole lot of CBS, NBC, and Fox executives getting everyone they know to vote for Cloris," says a staffer.

Melissa

Well? Have you seen Cloris dance? There is NO reason for her to still be on the show. She can hardly walk much less dance! I would be pissed if I got booted from the show before her. They should have never even had her on.

barb

I love Cloris, but I certainly do not vote for her. She should have gone the first night. People ARE NOT doing her a favor by voting for her to stay. It's cruel for them to do that. I give her credit, but she is annoying on the show.

JennLois

Cloris is freakin' hilarious to watch! And actually, she dances pretty good for someone her age. You go Cloris!!!

Zuzu's Petals

Her "bits" are getting old. Sometimes she doesn't seem to know what's going on. I have no idea if Corky is a good dancer or not because he and Cloris have done the same thing every week. There must be other shows where Cloris's antics would be better received. She is making DWTS a joke.

TRACKER

cloris is acting as a pig.thinking she,s cute.she,s not,and the show is now ruined for me......good dancers getting the boot?hm seems they want the ratings and they are getting them for the wrong reasons.....sadddddddddddd

PJnGA

I'm really enjoying Cloris on DWTS!! Now that she has gotten serious, she is dancing quite well! I think she is even better than Susan Lucci!!

greg

DTWS? Dancing The With Stars

MAXP

I LOVE CLORIS!!....SHE NEEDS -NO- SCRIPT....THE VOTES SPEAK.....SUSAN LUCCIS PERFECT BONEY BUTT NEEDS TO GO NEXT

jazi

SHE'S GETTING SYMPATHY VOTES BUT EVENTUALLY SHE WILL GET THE BOOT..I AGREE THAT HER ANTICS ARE GETTING OUT OF CONTROL, ESPECIALLY WHEN SHE INTERRUPTED THE INTERVIEW WITH THE KIDS..THAT WAS VERY DISRESPECTFUL OF HER

Ann

I thought she would be gone the 1st night she can night dance just moves around she has to be sleeping with someone to get such favortism or she paying a whole lot of money to get people to vote for her I am beginning to think now may-be the show is riged and and they know ahead of time who is going to win send her home or put her in a old folks home
where she can sit in a rocking chair where she needs to be

jean

oh come on this is just entertainment so why not leave Cloris on the show? this isn't going to make or break a star in hollywood for goodness sakes. this is all based on who the public who love to see stay on the show not who is the best dancer. if it just based on talent then only the judges votes would count. I want to be entertained when I watch variety shows and Cloris is certainly entertaining. leave her on and kick off the boring "stars"

CJ

I haven't watched in a couple weeks, I don't hate the show but it hasn't been important for me to take time to watch it when I've seen Cloris stay and others go. I like Cloris, just not as a dancer. If there were no competition in it I could understand but since it is, while I admire her age out there dancing, she should have been the first gone. Yes, in my opinion, she has brought the show down, for me anyway.

Nurse

After the first show I quit watching because I found Cloris to be obnoxious. She seems a bit rambling alot of the time. She has embarassed her dance partner that, I am sure, would have loved to be on with a serious, capable partner. This show is not a joke and the other contestants should be upset. She should have been gone with the first cut. Shame on DWTS.

"K"

It's wayyyyy past time SHE GOES HOME! I thought this show was about who could dance ....yes, for an old lady she does okay, but, I have stopped watching because of her....Send her home and I'll come back !! I bet there are tons of other people who feel the same way !!

Tina

I agree that Cloris is making people stop watching DWTS, I'm one of them, I'll watch till she comes on or if they're backstage and she starts acting stupid then I turn it off. Like this week, those young dancers were on there and that was so special for them and she ruined it, You could tell Samantha was getting upset about it. And to believe that Toni Braxton was let go and she stays? Unbelievable!!! When they announced she was one of the first ones saved I shut my TV off.
But also I can hardly stand to listen/watch Samantha Harris either, she's another reason I don't watch much. I really started watching DWTS when Drew Lachey was co-host and then when Samantha came back from maternity leave I quit watching that year. She also makes stupid degrading remarks to the stars and professionals. I wouldn't be upset to see her go either!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments