Maya Rudolph

Goes Barack to 'SNL'

10/24/2008 12:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Since they've had great success with Tina Fey and Will Ferrell, well placed sources tell us "SNL" is once again bringing back a former cast member ... Maya Rudolph will play Michelle Obama this weekend.

Maya and Michelle
Besides playing Mrs. O, we're told Maya -- who left the show last November -- will once again co-star with Amy Poehler in their "Bronx Beat" skit. Oh my gawd!

Tragically, we're told Tina will not be back playing Sarah Palin on Saturday.

Ben's getting taken to the cleaners

"Tragically, we're told Tina will not be back playing Sarah Palin on Saturday."

What the hell is so tragic about her not playing Sarah Palin?

artie help

they would need a half white woman to play that auntie Tom.

UH HUH

SNL needs to bring back the alums to make it funny again.

Will Ferrell was great last night!

Tiger Tale

Why not bring back the cast of "Planet of the Apes"?

SuperStarSteve

I know Maya Rudolf is half black and Jewish....but she's not dark enough to play a real soul sista. Maybe it's just me, but I thought she was white for the longest time and didn't know her mother was Minnie Riperton.

I loved Queen Latifa as Gwen Ifill, but can't picture Maya Rudolf as Michelle Obama. I can't think of anyone.
Wanda Sikes?

Synic1

Why bring her back when Mrs. O looks just like Wayne Brady with a wig?

who has the facts? ME

Miclelle Obama has more class in her pinky finger than Sarah Palin or Cindy McCain will EVER have. Miclelle is not a fake or a fraud. Michelle has never been found to have abused her power(Sarah), Michelle has never been a pill popper who had a doctor lose his liscense because of her addiction(Cindy) Michelle has never been a member of a political party who wanted to seceed from the United State of America(Todd) Michelle is one classy woman who scares the heck out of the Repubs because she is an intellegent, thoughtful, black woman and they can't push her or Barack around. She will make a wonderful and classy First Lady - DEAL WITH IT - IT's GOING TO HAPPEN - HA HA!! Truth and honesty will win and evil and intolerance will lose!!

crus

They won't "even" it out, probably play her as some endearing American woman, and will show the white people in the
skit as racist, gun toting, bible huggers.

This is my Boom Stick

7. Why not bring back the cast of "Planet of the Apes"?

Posted at 12:04PM on Oct 24th 2008 by Barack Osama
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Well aren't you just precious with your retro racism. How cute! Nice to know what sort of inbred hicks the McCain camp has as supporters.

Adrienne

I think she is very classy

Oliver Clothesoph

I hope they have enough stuffing to fill her ass!!!! Because MO has got a big fat black ass! Funny we have not seen her elitest ass lately?? Wonder why? Spoon

crus

Harvey, know your liberal, but I assumed you would care about Israel. Allthough, I'm Scottish and Italian, and if they
got attacked, I might be a little upset, but I wouldn't go crazy, I guess. You do know whats happening, and what Joe
Biden meant about Obama being "tested". If he wins, Iran is going to go all over Israel, not saying nuking, but will
do a "pre-emptive" strike against Israel, and Obama, will keep America out of it. i.e. "people won't like our position, but it
will be the right one". And when Iran does this, it won't be just "military" targets, they are going to go all out over Tel Aviv and other major population centers. No biggie to me, just suprised at your support.

This is my Boom Stick

12. I know I'll get hate mail for this but I think Michelle Obama has an old fashioned Kennedy air about her.

I think she is very classy

Posted at 12:23PM on Oct 24th 2008 by Adrienne

I agree Adrienne, although I do think she could use a better stylist and hairdresser. She dresses a little too conservative for me. I also love the way she carries herself and the way she speaks. You can tell that she thinks before she speaks. The same cannot be said for other women associated with this election. Cindy McCain looks like she's high all the time and one botox injection away from Madam T's Wax Museum and Sara Palin has a big mouth and you can tell just by looking at her that her mouth and her looks is all she has going for her. Michelle is poised and doesn't need to be a loudmouth. I liked that quality in previous first ladies and I think she'll add perfectly to the line of them.

rminva

Funny how NOBAMA and family have been off limits until now...will the"fairness doctrine" apply to shows like SNL? Nobama and company want to dictate what you can listen to on radio and television and are planning to bring back the "fairness doctrine." What happened to just changing the channel? Conservatives have been successful on talk radio specifically because it is the ONLY outlet they have beyond FOX news...most other media leans so far to the left, they are ready to fall over!! The left has multiple options to chose from!! The far left are only tolerant if you believe the same thing they do!!

Wake up America!! Before you know it we will be in the United Socialist States of America. In case you haven't noticed, most "socialist" states collapsed 20+ years ago. And those countries where things like socialized health care exist have ridiculously high taxes, and guess what, the health care systems are STILL borken!!

freedomisnotfree

i hpoe they use Michelle Obama's line that she is proud of her country for the first time since her husband is running for president

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments