Mysteries and Twists

In Hudson Murders

10/25/2008 10:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 7-year-old nephew of Jennifer Hudson is still missing. The suspect in the murders of her mother and brother is in custody. And there are several interesting twists.

William Balfour, the estranged husband of Hudson's sister, Julia, is in custody but isn't talking. In a cryptic statement, a Chicago PD spokeswoman said investigators are talking to "a number of people in custody." She didn't explain further.

Cops say at least one of the victims had defensive wounds, which led them to believe the shootings involved domestic violence.

Here's the most interesting thing -- neighbors in the area who know the family well say a few weeks ago a family member tried stealing a car, which triggered a heated argument in which the would-be thief promised revenge. No one was named specifically, but Balfour spent nearly 7 years in prison for attempted murder, vehicular hijacking and possession of a stolen vehicle.

On Julia's MySpace page, recently posted a picture of Jason (one of the victims) in a vehicle. The caption below reads, "Jason picking up my ass from work, cause William bitch ass sold my car."

justice is served

NObama! His ties are also to crime

You Just Dont Know, do YOu

Politicians do not stop crime dear. And yes black on black crime is killing a dynamic race of people, but McCain is not the one to stop these killings. It's a state of mind and rearing of people that will reduce the number of killiings within our communities and race. Your statement, spoken like a true "one-sider". BARACK ROCKS!

Rustyvain

My condolences to the Hudson family. Our loved ones that pass away are never gone they live in our hearts , My prayers , and hope for you nephew that he is found soon healthy and safe.

K & A - Florida

Wally

Black On Black crime is no good, it only hurts the ones you love sometimes the one you hate to,in some instances...Please stop it now...Please vote for John McCain..he is are only hope in stoping this insanity!

So Angry!

See! You can take the blacks out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of blacks!
This is why we can't have a black man in the WHITEhouse!!!!!!!!!!

skeeter

HEY......HelenTOOTTOOT......Please explain how MCCAIN is going to stop black on black killings..................

haha

yea it time for something different in the white house america is the joke of the world i kinda see why with ignorant ppl like the ones on this site lol obama is ur next president i know thats killing some of u racists fools lol

Wally

Please stop Black on Black Crime...I think if John McCain is elected, he just might listen to my plan..I would propsose moving them all down to Mexico, And adding another 2 feet to the Border fence......So please vote for John McCain....He will put a stop to this inSanity.....GodBless Our Country, and thank Goodness Mexico is close to us, so we can do this Plan of mine..Thank-you

HEY IDIOTS!

A NEW PRESIDENT ISN'T GOING TO BE ABLE TO STOP DOMESTIC ABUSE JACKASS STOP POSTING ABOUT THE ELECTION WHEN TWO (POSSIBLE 3) INNOCENT PEOPLE WERE MURDERED. GROW UP.

AJ

As I sit and read these comments I realize the world has no compassion! As you are sitting there going back and forth over who you should vote for or throwing out accusations of her having her own family killed!!! She lost so much in one day as did others in her family! Sounds like so many of you have never lost someone that close to you! This family lost two maybe three people in one day! My heart goes out to all the family and friends that are having to deal with these brutal murders. May God Bless all of you.

JofA

Stop the politicizing of your comments. Criminal behavior knows no boundaries and no limits.
This does sound like an internal domestic issue - and there can be many underlying causes for that.
Be ever mindful that an innocent youngster is caught in the middle; and hope that things turn out better for him than the surroundings he has been in.

Rayven

I don't understand how a story like this turns into a bunch of idiots trying to get their political message across...how about some condolences for the family...some hope that this little boy, who probably witnessed his grandmother & uncle being killed, is returned safely to his mother...

And really, as if the main problem in the States is blacks killing blacks...please tell me that you really know that white men come home and kill their wives and children to...or other white men, for that matter...it's simply not as mainstream news...nobody wants to hear about the bad white men...let's just sweep those stories under a carpet.

Racism is disgusting, it seems cliche to say, but aren't we all just people trying to make it through life??

For the record, I'm a white Canadian woman...if I could I'd be voting for Obama. I couldn't live with myself if some white trash, self-proclaimed hockey mom made it as vice president....she's got all of her targe white trash audience fooled into thinking that "Joe Six-Pack" is a compliment when she's really being completely condescending...anyway...

Thoughts, prayers & love go out to Jennifer Hudson & her family - I can't imagine the hole that is left in their hearts!

not2breckonedwith

2. I wouldn't be surprised if ol Jenny put the hit out on them herself. They were prolly draining her with their drug habits. Most family killings are for this reason. Somebodies dealing and didn't get paid and they kidnap a kid to leave a message.

Posted at 10:31AM on Oct 25th 2008 by Kels

Your comment makes absolutely no sense. But then, I doubt anything that forms in that brain of yours does.

Datalord

Who the hell is Jennifer Hudson?

Marie Muplerly

How sad this is for sweet Jennifer,,,you can pick your friends,,but not your family and no one controls their family members.RACIST comments are not appropriate ANYWHERE,,especially here,,you loony McCain lovers,,,religious fanatics and white supremecists! Your time is up!! The country has changed,,,grow up and read the facts!!It is about time!!

Signed,,,Another white person for Obama,,!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments