Julianne Hough

Way More Than a

Stomach Ache

10/27/2008 3:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Julianne HoughTMZ has learned Julianne Hough will announce tomorrow the ailment that sent her to the emergency room last week was more than a stomach ache -- it's an ovarian cyst.

We're told she will have surgery to remove the cyst and that she'll have her appendix taken out at the same time (unrelated to the cyst).

No word on when the surgery will take place or if Julianne will remain on the show this season.

UPDATE: Julianne's official site now says: "Julianne Hough, Mercury Nashville recording artist and two time 'Dancing with the Stars' champion has been diagnosed with Endometriosis and will be undergoing minor surgery to remove her appendix. Hough experienced mild stomach pains last week and was taken to Cedars Sinai medical center. After consulting with her doctor, this course of treatment was recommended. Hough will address the surgery on Monday night's 'Dancing with the Stars' where she'll perform with celebrity partner Cody Linley.

Endometriosis is the development of uterine-lining tissue outside the uterus on the surfaces of organs in the pelvis or abdomen where they are not supposed to grow. It is a common medical condition found in 5-10% of women of reproductive age around the world."

MR

I sure hope her baby-maker is okay!

stepnia

Hope you will be ok soon!!
I gotta say, hot and sensual cougars on +++ Agelessmate.c om +++ are more attractive to me! Man, tell ya what? If you dig hot Milfs, that's the place!! LOL

Tie

MR

i'll go in and get them.

Lorrie

Thankfully they found it before it ruptured!! That's the most painful thing to go through. I had a cyst rupture on my left ovary when I was 17 years old, I was paralyzed from the pain for a good 10 minutes...painful stuff! Keeping her in my prayers that the surgery goes perfect.

Lorrie

LAM (post #4): Why just "deal with the pain" when the cyst can be removed? How about avoid the pain all together?

grnbeetle

Geez TMZ, why do you have to annouce her private medical information? You must have spies everywhere. No one is safe from you. Didn't you "report" on the hospital employees looking at Brtiney's files and other celebs and call them out?

Beth

LAM.... what kind of hideous advice is that? Functional cysts that go away on their own are one thing, but there are various types of ovarian cysts, some of which can and will cause infertility of left untreated. My sister had two softball size cystadenomas removed at age 16 after one of them caused her so much pain she couldn't even walk.

Those types of things are not something to mess with, especially in young women who may want to have to have children some day.

Tie

surgery is just as bad, they stick a drill in your belly button and then drill the cysts off the ovary from there. There are medications to take care of it. Looking at her it is easy to tell her condition is not that serious, she doesn't have the physical symptons and it hasn't changed her body. She is like most women when finding out they have one, 'hurry up and get it off so I don't have to feel it anymore.'

bsb fan

3. OH, Please, I have PCOS, and I am not in there having surgery. They will go away on their own. It is not sever enough for her to worry about it. It gets suvere when your stomach blows up, and you get huge blood clots. When they burst for the most part they go away. Yeah it is very painful, worse than child birth or contractions, but suck it up. I do, and I let it go away naturally. Once you have a few cysts burst after a while you learn to deal with the pain to the point of where it doesn't hurt any more.

Posted at 3:13PM on Oct 27th 2008 by LAM

____________

I've had a cyst too, but sometimes there are ones that are more severe! And you don't know her situation---everyone's body is different... and your cysts shouldn't burst you could do major damage to your ovaries!!

Blurgle

LAM, you are so full of it. The cysts of PCOS are nothing compared to a regular ovarian cyst, which can cause aseptic peritonitis if it breaks. I'm surprised they don't have her already in the OR.

Just what everyone needs: an Internet Tough Girl. Go away and grow up.

TrueStory

This happens to me about every other month... as some ladies have reported... very painful and debilitating, but that is just my case. Who knows what she goes through. I am glad to hear though that this is worth than childbirth... I was hoping that would be the case...

Barfalufugus

It is a painful situation and I hope she comes out ok.

Dy

#3 LAM- God you're an idiot. Perhaps it's because you'd like more attention for it lol. I was diagnosed with ovaries cyst and i had six, from size of golf ball to a human head..why? Because doctors said "would go away on it's own" and it didnt moron. And today i only have 1/4 of an ovary right, and uterus. Rest is gone, and i have more cyst growing on that 1/4, so honestly "suck it up" is very ignorant of you. SAD.

Kataomoi

What the hell? You don't have surgeries for that crap. They just go away/pass and then you're fine.

What a big weenie.