Mos Def -- Mos Wanted

11/5/2008 7:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Vegas police are on the lookout for rapper Mos Def over an alleged attack of a fashion event photographer in August.

Def -- real name Dante Terrell Smith -- faces charges of felony robbery and malicious destruction of private property and a warrant has been issued for his arrest.

Volker Corell -- an official photog for the Men's Apparel and Garment Industry Convention (MAGIC) in Las Vegas -- claims Def flipped out on him while he was taking photos of attendees at the event. Mos allegedly ripped Volker's camera off his neck, smashed it to the ground and then took off with the busted equipment.

Corell claims to have suffered a cut on his left hand during the alleged attack.

Def has a history of hating paparazzi, but Corell was a credentialed snapper for the event ... and get this: He says he didn't even know who Mos was until after the alleged attack.

NUMbnuts

JUST THINKING: WHEN OBAMA AND MICHELLE GET TO MOVE IN THE WHITE HOUSE, I THINK JUST AS A JOKE TO LIGHTEN UP THE ATMOSPHERE HE SHOULD DRESS UP IN A FORMAL BUTLERS OUTFIT, AND SHE IN THE HEAD MAIDS OUTFIT.....I THINK THATS A RIOT....LOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Anthony

And hey yal pull your freakin PANTS up!! instead of rapin your gold chains around your necks try rapin around your waist to hold up them pants. freakin mo mo's.

Bozo Clown

You race baiters and haters that comment on here SUCK big time. Congratulations Mr. President-Elect Obama!!!

vsl

I find it strange how illiterate and indignant your postings are above. Not only do I think that you all may want to use grammar and spell check, but also those who brought Obama into this conversation: look again. This is not about Obama, this is about Mos Def. I understand, common misconception for people that are ignorant, a black person in the news, must be Obama, but you are mistaken. This is a hip hop artist and not a politician. Please take time (even 30 seconds) and thought about your comments before you post things. It just looks silly sometimes.

Best of luck battling it out between everyone. I just wanted to voice my opinion. You are all welcome to criticize me of course or to respond, but this is the first and last time I will be looking at comments on this website. Thanks!

noredino

The brother got all rights to defend him self from pigs/paparazzi.they are abusive= bad f. pigs

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2