Dead Woman Former "Idol" Wannabe

11/12/2008 1:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The woman found dead in front of Paula Abdul's house last night was a featured contestant on "American Idol."
Paula Goodspeed: Click to watch
We've learned the identity of the dead woman, Paula Goodspeed, who appeared on Season 5 in 2006. During her audition she said she's an artist and the first pic she ever drew was of Paula Abdul. "Idol" produced a 3 minute and 40 second featurette on Goodspeed and her passion for Paula. She did not make the cut, after Ryan Seacrest proclaimed, "And the love affair is over."

Liz

Cici, my apologies to you. It seems as though there is a troll using my screen name.

Thomas

Did anyone notice her religion (wicca)?!!? I agree she had some mental issues, maybe she was trying to cast some sort of love spell on Paula. RIP young lady...

tomcat

umm, the problem isn't Reality Shows, its that today's younger gen think "FAME" is the only way to 'make it'. Then when a 'career' is not handed to them [because they are told by parents they are 'special' and dont have to work hard] they crack.

And when someone is an adult, it takes and act of God to get them to help themselves.

VioletteUK

NUMBER 12!!!
YOU HAVE ZERO MANNERS AND OUGHT TO BE BROUGHT UP ON CHARGES USING A NAME LIKE YOU DO!
HOW ABSOLUTLY DISGUSTING AND LOW CLASS...MAKE THAT NO CLASS!

JC

I woke up this morning in disbelief and in complete shock. I happen to personally know Paula Goodspeeed as she used to frequent the tanning salon I used to manage. While her obsession with Paula Abdul was obvious her intentions were not of malice. She would never do any harm unto others including Paula Abdul. She was a good person, and it is unfortunate what has happened. My condolences go out to her family during this time. Rest in Peace Paula, my prayers are with you.

m

wow - that clip was priceless. At least it made me laugh. Another dead hollywood wanna be. So what. Cleary she was wacko.

Tangie

I'm using Dallas now, so deal with it, childish biatch!

Fan Since 2007!!!

UNKLE #12,

Alas,

Your hate has changed nothing,

Swim in your own poison

blahhh

Yes, i have a sister with a serious mental illness and shes had various obsessions and my parents did nothing when she was underage..ignored it..and now shes a disturbed adult. No, you cant force an adult into treatment..but you can TRY. You can get them help when they first exhibit signs of illness..usually before 18 and u can 'force' them into treatment. Not saying this womans family didnt try...I dont know them..just that so often these people dont get help and arent encouraged either by family members who would rather not rock the boat. Its easier to ignore the pink elephant than to face it. Same with most dysfunctional homes...or homes with alcoholics or drug addicts.

There needs to be more awareness of mental illness and proactive parents.

Fan Since 2007!!!

Gawd,

Speaking of mental illness now we've got Unkle and Fake Dallas ranting and raving...

Reality

lets pry those braces out and sell them for scrap, make a pretty penny there.

nikki

i dont mean to sound UNSYMPATHETIC TOWARDS THE POOR GIRL BUT , WAS PAULA ABDUL REALLY WORTH KILLING YOURSELF OVER. REALLY???? PAULA ABDUL???? THAT KNIFED UP, DRUGGED UP FAKE AS CAN BE , I HAVE ANO TALENT SO I SLEPT MY WAY TO THE MIDDLE OVER THE HILL HAG.
NOT WORTH IT KIDDIES NOT WORTH IT.

Jeanine

Oh my god Paula Abdul is dead!!! I am so saddened by this news!! RIP Paula Abdul!

1981 days ago

leave the gun, take the cannolis.

A.I. has finally jumped the shark.
In an attempt to help slumping ratings, A.I. sent some crazed girl over to Paula's house for a publicity stunt gone bad. Paula was supposed to rush ton her fan's aid and all goes well,...but the producers had a change of plans.

love her!

Thomas (I think comment #9) With Wicca there are a couple of things to know. Most who study & practice Wicca do not talk about it because of the huge negative thoughts of people who don't understand the religion. There are several types of Wicca. Most importantly, Wiccan tradition is required to be mindful of the Law of 3 fold. if in fact she did cast her energy in a negative way there is a great risk of that thought materializing and coming back on her in a negative light 3 times more powerful than her original intention. I noticed she mentioned wicked quite a bit. If that's the case she could have cursed herself by her practices. It's a really sad story. My heart goes out to anyone effected by the situation,

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments