Pap Smackdown --

Kanye Arrested, Cleared

11/14/2008 11:47 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye WestKanye West will not be charged with assaulting a photographer -- in an alleged incident that went down just hours ago in the UK.

West was arrested at a hotel in Gateshead, England early this morning after allegedly getting into a tussle with a photog on his way out of the Tup Tup nightclub in Newcastle.

After a short investigation, West was released from police custody without charges.

FYI -- The person alleging the assault made the same claim against a famous British soccer player around a month ago -- but the charges were ruled to be unfounded in that case as well.

UPDATE: TMZ just spoke with the photog -- who claims Kanye did, in fact, smash his face in around 2AM London time.

According to the snapper, it all went down when Kanye was leaving the club with 4 girls, upset that he was being captured on film. After getting angry, Kanye allegedly got violent -- shoving the camera into the snappers face, causing a cut on his nose.

bcole

Chi City

Blair Lexington

The photog is a big whiner. Everyone knows Kanye is a Pap-Beater.....stay clear photogs!

Lea

Kanye has shown over and over that he has a temper the thug needs to go to behavioral class always mad and pissed off like he is carrying the world on his back his music is an example i don't care for people like that.

msly

Kanye West is a punk! He obviously has some anger issues and needs serious counseling. He's gonna f*ck around and get physical with the wrong person one day and he's gonna end up getting his a** beat! I, for one, can't wait! I can't stand this pompous, arrogant BOY!

Lea

I GET SO ANNOYED WHEN THESE SO CALL CELEBRITYS GO TO PLACES THAT THEY KNOW THEY LIKELY WOULD BE FILMED PLACES LIKE MR CHOW, THE IVY GIVE ME A BREAK THIS IS THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR THIS KIND OF LIFE STYLE AND THEY ALL HIDING THERE FACES WITH THERE BAGS ETC SOME OF THERE PUBLICIST ACTUALLY CALLED THE PAPS WHO THEY FOULING CERTAINLY NOT ME ALL THIS KIND OF THING IS WHAT MAKE THESE PEOPLE FAMOUS GOSSIP PHOTO AND SO ON. IF THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU SIGN UP FOR ITS TOO LATE YOU COULD NEVER BE NORMAL AGAIN DEAL WITH IT.THERE ARE SOME CELEBRITY SO NICE THEY GIVE THERE PICS AND GO ON BY THATS ALL, SOME PAPS GET EXCITED AND PUSHY PUSHY THOSE ONES ARE THE YOUNG STARTERS IN THE BUSY BUT THE VETERANS THEY DIFFERENT YOU CAN TELL.

rjl

why does this animal keep getting away with this???
hes the she version of naomi cambell! (another animal)
put the bastard behind bars and throw away the key!
p.s. hes gonna kill!

Ms_Tell_It_Like_It_Is

Wow this is a tough one - I think I actually abhor both paps and Kayne equally! Both were wrong - the pap was too close and invasive and Kayne does not have a right to HIT someone..... but some PEPPER SPRAY... now THAT would work.

upchuck21

I believe all you paparazzi types are "kittens." You want to trample all over everyone else's lives, but when it comes yours, you are a bunch of winey, 2 year olds.

DaBlackRonJeremy

Yea, I am starting to dislike Kanye's ego. He's making Chicago seem arrogant with his attitude and the comments he has been making. If I were in his position I would humble myself a little better cause karma is a bytch.

Mrs Joe Jackson

I wish somebody put this goof in jail.. he has boyfriends in there that will take care of him.. whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Cry Baby.

thugs

Is this the same guy who claims to be the voice of his generation? Glad he's not the voice of mine.

Anthony

Kanya west sold his soul to the devil. The price, his mother.

Wired

Since the topic is Kanye West, I just gotta say I LOVE his music. The first time I heard the College Drop-Out CD, I realized he not only has a great sound, his lyrics are really funny and good. Now mind you, I am an older white woman. ANd I LOVE his music! SOOOOoooooooo - he was leaving the club with 4 girls? way to go, guy!

chip

Let Jesus go! Let Jesus go!

shirliana

I AGREE WITH KENYE.,.. ENOUGH AND ENOUGH WITH THOSE PAPPARAZIS.... THOSE CELEBRITIES ARE DOING WHAT SHUD BE DONE.. LEAVE THEM ALONE...

THOSE PAPPARAZIS ARE SUCH HARRASSMENTS..... THERE SHUD BE A LAW.... WHAT LAW??? SOMEONE SHUD SEE INTO IT......

KENYE I AGREE WITH WHAT U HAVE DONE...... CONTINUE DOING IT IF THEY HARRASS YOU.,.... THEY WILL GET THE MESSAGE,,,

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments