Jen Garner Fears for Safety

11/19/2008 2:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jennifer Garner has obtained a court order protecting herself from a man she believes is endangering her family.

TMZ has obtained docs ordering Steven Burky to stay clear of Garner -- no contact whatsoever.

In her declaration, Garner says "Mr. Burky has been stalking and harassing me," sending "packages and letters containing delusional and paranoid thoughts and following me around the country ..."

Garner says Burky has been harassing her since 2002, but in the last year "his obsessive and harassing behavior has escalated to the point of becoming dangerous and threatening."

Garner says Burky has shown up at her home and said, "God has sent him a vision of her being persecuted in some manner that may result in her death."

Garner says she fears for herself, husband Ben Affleck and daughter Violet. She also says "I am currently pregnant and fear for the safety of my second child once born."

Burky has written a blog called Satanic Panic, asking, "Are multitudes of adults resorting to human sacrifices and then repressing this information from fear of Christ..."

A judge issued a temporary restraining order earlier this month. There's a hearing tomorrow to make the order permanent.

Read the docs

Garner's security guy, Dennis Bridwell, also submitted a declaration in which he said Burky described himself as a "crazed Alias fan," once finding her at an event, giving her roses and a card that read "I love you forever" along with his contact information. Bridwell says Burky has stalked Garner around the country, adding, "Mr. Burky now represents a clear threat to Ms. Garner's life."

We've learned the LAPD has taken the threat seriously and has been involved in the case.

Law enforcement sources tell us Burky is currently under a 5150 psychiatric hold.

jrad247

Tell me this Window Licker is locked up ! Bahahahahahaha - This turd is cra-zayz-eeee !

Hope JG didn't read this stuff.....

Good job for creaping us all out Steven - Ya Nutty F*cker !

ewwww

"8. SHE'S PREGNANT AGAIN??

Posted at 1:47PM on Nov 19th 2008 by OH WELL"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years wirth of crazy ass letters and that's ALL you got out of that entry??? LOL

Tazandra

Restraining orders aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Best to keep the bodyguard with her at all times, and make sure the house and grounds are secure and I don't know what else.

Bob Booie

Ben doesnt want to fight this guy in fear his hair piece may fall off

Nostradamus

I did some research and it smells like conspiracy: the deal is that Obama and Ben were financially supporting Steven Burky when he used to work for ACORN. Then when the scandal broke in about all the corruptions there and how Obama was buying the election, etc. Then Ben found out that Steven was involved in it....so they stop his financial help and Steven went kaput since.

Moral of the story: Don't mess the mafia

jess

There are so many freaks out there that I am thankful not to be in the public eye. This guy definitely needs some mental help.

Nostradamus

Moral of the story: Don't mess the mafia

stupid women & the religious right

51. I did some research and it smells like conspiracy: the deal is that Obama and Ben were financially supporting Steven Burky when he used to work for ACORN. Then the scandal broke in about all the corruptions there and how Obama was buying the election, etc. So when Ben found out that Steven was involved in it they stop his financial help and Steven went kaput since.

Moral of the story: Don't mess the mafia

Posted at 4:51PM on Nov 19th 2008 by well deserved

Hilarious! Funniest sht I've read yet today... thanks to 'well deserved' the ignorant wackjob!!

jOe

I would be terrified and definately up my security cause a piece of paper isnt gonna stop someone who is that insane. Good thing hes on a 5150 hold cause as long as hes a threat they can legally hold him.

GNN

Because a piece of paper will totally protect you from someone who wants to hurt you... right...

does it matter

What is wrong with you people?? This is a serious matter and Jennifer and her entire family are not safe and you're commenting on whether or not Ben still loves his ex? You've lost your minds. Clearly there is a gentleman who is mentally ill and when you're mind is out of touch with reality, anything could happen and never would any normal person want any child to be without their parents. Stars have just as much right as the rest of us to live their life as normal as possible....its the people that buy into the fact that they are anymore than we are, are the ones who turn crazy....keep the subject matter at hand here people...she and her family are in danger.

Narcissa

Since she's such a huge Obama supporter, why doesn't she just leave the taxpayer-funded criminal justice system alone, and get her great messiah to help her?

I realize that Dear Leader has yet to occupy the Oval Office, but let's face it, since Jen is apparently so confident of Dear Leader's "hope" and umm, "change" abilities, I'm sure just the sound of his voice can make all this unpleasantness go away. You know, just in the same fashion, as it will surely happen all over the world, Yay!

In the meantime, Jen might want to get a gun.

Oh, I forgot. Obama and supporters like this gal don't believe in the second amendment.

Never mind.

Back to Plan A!!

HEather

If this young man is on a 5150, I hope to God whoever is evaluating him isn't stupid enough to let him go, but the laws concerning involuntary psychiatric holds are pretty flimsy. This young man is obviously, sadly suffering from schizophrenia and multiple other comorbid disorders and needs medication and therapy sometime down the road. I would imagine he appears to be very benign to people around him and those evaluating him, but I am sure they are aware of the extreme likelihood that this young man WILL become violent at some point or another and attempt to harm Jennifer Garner or her family. Hearing voices, regardless if he claims it is God or the Holy Spirit or whatever, is a clear symptom of schizophrenia. I sincerely hope this man is committed to a hospital and receives the care he needs. How terribly sad.

And by the way, to the person who said Jennifer Garner is an attention wh*re...I'm no big fan of hers and never have been. I've never watched "Alias" and I think I've seen one film she's been in, but I really think you're making a big mistake referring to her that way. Actors, actresses, and performers are human beings like everyone else and if she has the desire to take her daughter to the playground she should be allowed to do so. What do you want her to do? Lock herself in her house and never let her kid see the light of day? The paparazzi know where she lives, they know the places she goes; how can she help it if people follow her around and take pictures? Jesus. You people are rough...and ignorant, some of you.

Jessica Swanlake

You people are as crazy as this guy- we are talking about a pregnant woman who is being stalked and fears for the saftey of her family. All you can come up with are attacks on who she voted for and tabliod news from years ago? Pathetic. Why not get off the internet and join the real world.

Rita

What the hell is wrong with people? Sickening. I don't know why anyone would want to be famous, with all of the psychos running around. Put this jerk away BEFORE he does something.