The Roots Survive Double-Decker Bus Crash

11/20/2008 7:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A double-decker bus carrying The Roots crashed and flipped over in Paris last night -- and after their drummer crawled out of the rubble of cereal, broken glass and bathroom fluid, he immediately blogged about it.
The Roots
Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt when a van (pictured underneath the bus) crashed into the bus, forcing it to do a 360 on the highway and turn on its side. When the drummer, Ahmir "?uestlove" Thompson, emerged from the chaotic scene, he immediately sent a post-wreck email to Okayplayer.com that read: "well...since we are sitting on the side of the road. what better way to pass the time while the ambulance come then [sic] to....blog."

Love later wrote a detailed blow-by-blow of the crash and aftermath from a motel, where he described the moment he realized he wasn't dead, described the injuries ("some of us have cuts and neck braces on"), and declared, "we are so grateful for this outcome."

im mom

ok, you guys are rally lame, his name is QUEST LOVE, not "uestlove" or did you mean ?uestlove?

La La

Thanks "im mom" I was just about to say WTF?......

Joel

I love the Roots. wish them speedy recoveries.

rminva

"The Seed (2.0)" is permanently on my i-Pod! Wishing you a speedy recovery guys!

Melissa

That's QUESTLOVE!! NOT UESTLOVE or whatever the heck you guys mangled it into!!!! DAYUM!!

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

Ok, I know I reside in Britney land but who's The Roots? Anyway, I'm glad they're ok and now I'm going to have to listen to their music to see if I like. Speedy recovery to all.

b

i hope they can get chicken and ribs in the hospital.

thagreatness

His name is spelled "?uestlove" you morons.

jrad247

This is one time I have to side with Barry Manilow by saying "frankly my dear I don't give a blank"

Nancy

It is actually ?uestlove... I know for a fact via business transactions.

barry Gordy is genius

I'm glad everyone's alright. When are they touring with Planet Asia again?

A Real Housewife from Compton

@#5

Sometimes he (and the media) spell it w/a question mark. I love them and glad they're ok. People, if you watched the "Chappelle Show", you probably caught them a time or two as they were frequent musical guests (the funniest being w/John Mayer and Questlove when they went around playing different music around opposite cultures - just for the initial reaction).

Eff those w/racist remarks!

Disturbed

WHO?

wayne dh

who are they? and why should I care?

#645732 - Cell Block H

Somebody should pick up all of that weed that's spilled out of the bus. That must have been on Hell of a party, that is until the bus flipped over. Smoke it if you got it.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments