« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vick Could Get Sprung from the Hoosegow

11/24/2008 3:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Vick is all set to plead guilty to state dogfighting charges tomorrow. The upshot -- he could get himself out of prison and into a halfway house.

Vick has already put his autograph on a plea deal to settle state dogfighting charge by accepting a three-year suspended prison sentence and a $2,500 fine. He's in Virginia now to enter that plea.

Resolving the state case will make him eligible to leave federal prison early and spend the last six months of his sentence in a halfway house.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

The Hulkster

Cincinnati Bengals owner Mike Brown has aleardy offered him a contract to play

Gypsy

This man is disgusting and doesn't deserve to get out early.. And if the NFL allows him back.. Shame on them. They are no better than he is.

Whimsical101

He should rot in hell! One should put him in a ring and have a pitbill released on him - the SOB!

Just Common

I would love to see him back on the football field....for one game....and remove all the "no hitting the Quarterback" rules! And if someone would injure him so he could never play again I think that guy gets an automatic call into the Hall of Fame!!

sandy

he's such a steaming sack...I hope somebody takes this waste of skin out as soon as he gets sprung.

Head Case

YEAH for MV! See you in the NFL next year Mike! And for you animal lovers get a life.

Bias Much?

Figures, another rich celeb gets to buy his way out of jail time. I am sure he'll be back on the field in no time too. What a waste of space!

Bias Much?

Head Case - we'll get lives when you get a heart, you're a waste of space too

my 3 cents

Seriously people, he did not kill anyone or was using drugs, he just made a mistake. I think there are a lot of worse things the man could have done than hurt his dogs. I am a dog owner and feel that he does not need to be in jail with pediphiles, and druggies and rappist and murderers. HE IS NOT FREAKING O.J. SIMPSON!!!!

KWDragon

This is so sad. Animal welfare agencies are still paying to clean up this mess made by Vick, and now he is almost ready to get out. If it is true that the Bengals are planning to offer him a contract, they should be shunned by their fans. "Ocho Cinco" has already cost them plenty. Hey, I cheer for the Detroit Lions, arguably the worst team in the league, and I would hate to see them even make a gesture toward this loser. Any team that takes Vick should be publicly dumped by its fans.

Whether or not you agree with the concept, NFL players are role models for kids. Someone who abused animals (and never really gave an adequate apology nor paid restitution) should not be entitled to that position or its inherent fame and wealth.

Lyn

Michael Vick has a fractured soul. There is no cure for that. Yes, he is GUILTY, for sure....also guilty of pretending to be remorseful.
Too bad he hasn't been strapped to a rape-rack. I detest this sack of human garbage.

Nyte Tyger

Go back into your cave Yummy. No he did not kill a person, but he personally killed his dogs that didn't perform well.

You apparently never heard of what serial killers do before they get to killing people, but since "he aint no OJ Simpson" to quote you, you say he gets out of jail early, so you can watch him play football.

I agree with Tracey you and Head Case are a waste of space of this planet no I take that back, you are a waste of space in the universe.

Head Case

Tracey - I have a heart, but PETA and the likes value animals over people. As long as i'm alive I will take all the space I want! By the way I have a Pit Bull which I love and treat like family, what he did is wrong but America seems to think Dog fighting is new which it isn't, so please get a life. If you really want to help goto a school for and tutor kids (which I do). There are more important issues plaguing our society.

h20

Yummy-I bet you would not feel that way about him if it was YOUR dog he drowned or hanged and then laughed about it. As for myself, I am sorry to hear that there will be another useless thug roaming the streets soon. If the NFL takes him back, I will no longer watch football.

WHATEVA

I THINK HE SHOULD GET OUT. NO ONE IS PERFECT AND ALL THE TROUBLE AND MONEY HE HAS LOSS IS PROBABLY ENOUGH TO TURN HIS LIFE AROUND. LETS NOT FORGET DOGFIGHTING IS STILL LEGAL IN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD. WE NEED TO GET A GRIP ON WHO WE PERSECUTE IN THE NEWS.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments