David vs. Goliath on "DWTS" Set

11/25/2008 5:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

There was an explosion of anger a few days ago on the "Dancing with the Stars" set.

Our sources say it all went down when the remaining professionals and celebs were rehearsing for the group dance that aired last night. Warren Sapp showed up several hours late for rehearsal. When Sapp finally arrived mid-rehearsal, he began complaining he was having a hard time following the routine.

Several dancers complained back that it was Warren's own fault for getting there late. At that point, Sapp snapped, throwing Derek Hough against the wall. Now get this -- all 97 pounds of Derek wouldn't back down.

We're told there was a stand-off in the dance room until they both cooled off and went back to rehearsing.

UPDATE: Derek tells TMZ, "This has been blown way out of proportion. Warren and I exchanged a few words at rehearsal that lasted seconds. The idea that Warren would do physical harm to me or anyone is outrageous. We've all become good friends during the season."

TUCHMEIMELECTRIC@AOL.COM

FIRST!

1969 days ago

Still suckin your mommas T*ttie!

Two Gay boys fighting. Oh boy.. Good stuff TMZ.. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!

deezeey

I never could understand why this fool made it this far. Toni Braxton should have been in the finals, not Warren Sapp. I always heard he had an attitude and this pretty much sounds like something he would do!!

lily

drama drama drama

my 3 cents

I watched Warren Sapp on Dancing with the Stars, and to be honest I do not know how he came so far. The judges were always kissing his 300 pound A$$. He really just stood there and let his partner do all of the dancing. I am going to be unhappy if the judges give it to him. DWTS you will loose a lot of viewers if this happens. This makes you JUMP THE SHARK. Don't get me started on what else makes you go there too.
(CLORIS)

jessiebee

Sooo not true. They were kidding around and the big guy (aka dawg can'tdance) ran up along side of him and bounced HIMSELF on the wall. It was actually pretty funny. You could even see Lacey Schwimmer kind of nervous laughing. That dude sucks! I can't believe he made it this far. GOOO LACEY AND LANCE!!!

Charliesmom

He gets away with too much and thinks he can do that dorky smile of his and get away with it.

AL

Sapp is from polk county florida and played less then an hour away in tampa.
I live in the area too, and, I've heard MANY news stories, radio stories, and anicdotal meeting stories about what a immoral, bigotted, ignorant person he is. They all say he oozes false sense of intitlemant.

Hey Warren, heard you got cleaned out in the divorce!! HAHAHA!!

deleta

Sapp got that far because all of those votes came from NFL fans. Are there ANY football players that aren't thugs, wife beaters, or murderers?

Triple Play

Sapp is a Sap. He is the only 300 pound Diva around. He should have been bounced weeks ago, he moves like he has a stick up his butt. actually that is probably what he wants. who wants to see this big fat train wreck dance? He is a pig. I remember once when Jimmy Connors told me that they were both Gay. I know Jimmy and I was there

TCurry

I am so sure that little man did not back down with all those other people around.

Triple Play

I agree with # 10, He is a jerk and a bully

Jolly

SO THIS EXPLAINS WHY THE HOST TOM WAS SAYING DURING THE LIVE SHOW THAT SAPP HAD BEEN TAUNTING DEREK AND BROOKE. SEEMS HE IS JUST JEALOUS OF THEM AND HE HAS A NEVER PUSHING THE YOUNG DEREK AROUND. HE'S SO MUCH SMALLER THAN HIM. GUESS SAPP IS JUST ONE BIG FAT BULLY WHO CAN'T DANCE.

GO DEREK AND BROOKE! YOU ARE GOING TO WIN!!!

my 3 cents

Hey:
1.Typical - you can take the monkey out of Africa, but you can't take the Africa out of the monkey.
2.He is a pig. I remember once when Jimmy Connors told me that they were both Gay.

These comments are not necessary. Sapp may be but these comments are not good or comical.

TXLady

At this point I don't care if the winner is Lance or Brooke, but PLEASE don't let it be Warren Sapp!! This is supposed to be a DANCE contest but it's been a popularity contest more than anything else. Brooke is probably a better overall dancer than Lance, but he's still good enough to be called a "champion". If you've watched this show since the very beginning, the eventual winner each year has been an outstanding dancer so I can only hope that the same will happen this year.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments