Lawsuit: Kathie Lee's Music Ruined My Life

12/4/2008 7:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kathie Lee Gifford is under fire for allegedly not being able to come up with an original thought -- and stealing an idea for a horrible musical segment on "The Today Show."
Click to view the docs!
It's all over a segment called "Everyone Has a Story," in which people send their life stories to Kathie Lee and then she writes a show-tune about them -- yes, it's as painful as it sounds.

But it gets worse. Kathie Lee and NBC have been accused of taking the idea from a musician who claims he pitched a show based around the idea last year -- and after some Hollywood bigwigs passed on the idea, they allegedly funneled it to "Today."

In the lawsuit, filed in L.A. Superior Court, the musician -- Harold Johns -- claims NBC and Kathie Lee were well aware the ideas came from Johns but they screwed him anyway.

Now Johns wants over a million bucks for his troubles, but we're thinkin' dude should pen his sob story and send it over to Kathie Lee -- maybe it'll get on the show.

fgmvfncncncvncvncdfhnsj

FUNNY

2057 days ago

Another Huge Fan :)

Maybe this person should take notes from the guy who wants to sue BonJovi and MLB for billions of dollars!
Geesh.....is everyone going "sue" happy?

2057 days ago

Sherry

I hope Kathy Lee rot's in hell. That skank Kelly, too.

2057 days ago

moveover

Is there a more disgusting woman on the face of the earth?

2057 days ago

Sherry

First ya'll!! c i m samartt!!

2057 days ago

jack

ideas are not protected by the copyright act.

2057 days ago

E.B.

Kathy Lee gets blamed for everything. It's not her fault. It's the executives and producers who stole the idea.

2057 days ago

crahazy

she's STILL on the today show? I thougth she was in rehad

2057 days ago

vw

I quit watching NBC news in the mornings because they hired this has-been loser. Get rid of her!

2057 days ago

rminva

How sad your life must be to want her to write a show tune about you!

2056 days ago

Martha in Ohio

Kathie Lee Please put a bag over your head and go back home. Reality check Hon, your not as special as you think you are! I can't stand watching the today show when your on. I can feel your self-centeredness coming through the television.

2056 days ago

Luke Warmwater

American Idol was Ted Mack's Original Amateur Hour. Everyone thought of something first, it's just what you do with it after that counts.

2056 days ago

KNOWITALL

MAN, I COULDN'T WATCH THAT SEGMENT. PAINFULYL AWFUL.
KATHIE LEE WAS CRYING AT THE BEGINNING OF EVERY SHOW.
THE SHOULD OF CALLED IT "CRYING WITH KATHIE LEE".

2056 days ago

Buttercup321

Poor Kathie Lee! She trys SOOOOO hard to become a REAL star, and ,gosh darn it ( we would not want to hurt KL by using " BAD WORDS " ) she gets hit every time.

First the sweat shops , then hubby cheating out loud - on tv and the mags- and now her "music " if thats what its called.

Kathie Lee please go home and just be a wife and mother - I am divorced , worked all my life and raised my kids pretty much alone. They are great kids, and I am proud of them both - now in their twenties and working/attending school . I wish every day that I could have had a hubby that did not hit me, take all the money, work when he wanted to- and yes, he came from a great family -so this is HIS fault , I just wish I had the heads up BEFORE I married him

I cant feel sorry for KL. I just saw her on "top Chef" being a taste tester on her NBC show , she cound'n just say she did not like the food, she had to spit it out in the sink and put all eyes on herself ,as usual. She must be a b**ch on wheels at home.

Im tired , maybe I needed to say that ?!?

OK,Im done...........

2056 days ago

al loanese

IF YOU ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO WORK WITH THIS BITCH KATHY LEE GIFFORD....THEN YOU ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO GET RIPPED OFF.......MAKE THIS BITCH PAY!

2056 days ago