MTV Reality Star Killed in Car Wreck

12/5/2008 5:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Kandice Hutchinson, one of the contestants kicked off the upcoming MTV dating show "A Double Shot at Love," died in a car accident a short while after taping her last appearance for the show.

We're told the producers of the show -- which features two bisexual twin sisters (above left ) looking for love -- edited her scenes to remove some of the more outrageous behavior, out of respect for the family. Sources close to the show tell us the producers have been in touch with the girl's family and they are supportive of MTV's plan to keep her in the show.

Launch photosAccording to KDFW in Texas, Hutchinson died on October 21 after her car was rear-ended causing Kandice to be ejected. Police said she died on the scene.

The first episode of "A Double Shot at Love" will be dedicated to her.

Cathy

I'm sorry that she is dead, but what does that have to do with the tv show. They're going to edit out some of her more "outrageous behavior"?!?! What the hell kind of stupid comment is that? Like her family doesn't know who or what she was? SERIOUSLY? Is editing the show going to change the fact that she was a tramp? No, it's not. And I agree with the comment of MTV and the reality shows. MTV used to be all about music and videos. Like the song says, "what's love got to do with it"? This is why I stopped watching MTV

Mandy

Tina, people wouldn't say that about me. First of all, I don't drive drunk. That's a dumb thing to do and most of the time innocent people are the ones who end up dead. Second of all, I don't have to flash my breasts to get attention. So, no Tina. People would never say that about me.

Ms Lucie

IS THIS SHOW CONSIDERED TO BE ENTERTAINMENT? GROSS. IT SHOULD BE A GREAT TIME TO HAVE SOME AIDS PREVENTION COMMERCIALS SPONSORING IT. THEY ALL LOOK DISGUSTING! I'M TIRED OF PEOPLE THINKING THIS IS ALRIGHT!

Looking for Puck

When I saw the headline, I thought it was Puck from the Real World. I guess Puck is working on an even more spectacular death.

Amanda

I'm so sick of these garbage shows that VH1, MTV, and E show now a days!!! They are sooo disguisting and point less. The people on them do nothing but make fools of themselves for somebody that won't have anything to do with them after the show is through taping!!! The females are disguisting, probably diseased ridden, and will never attract anybody worth having, much less BE anybody worth having. And to the males that watch this crap, get a life. You wouldn't want your daughter acting that way so why watch someone elses daughter act like that? All I can say is if you ever have a daughter don't get mad when she starts acting like a whore.

bree

I knew Kandi, she was a very wonderful girl. My sister heard the scene, she lives right off the freeway in euless. I miss her dearly and she was like a big sister to me. For all you people that are talking trash and stuff you don't even know her, she wasn't a whore it's a reality show you are supposed to show off. I hope all you people get what you deserve since your talking trash and don't even have an ounce of a clue who she was. She was a great woman, and very missed. So stop talking your trash.

Jasmine

aww how sad! Poor girl and family, rest in peace! )=

Ladywolf_41

It is a shame that she had to pass, however to keep that show going is just sick. If it was to be aired in November, I can see why they might keep it going, but to have it aired in December...long after she has been deceased is just plain twisted and sick! Some people not knowing that she is dead are going to believe that there are actually two people in that show still..MTV has gotten progressively worse since its inception so many years ago...so far off the path of music it is beyond ridiculous.

SC

Ok first thing I want to mention is how convient they post this story now when the show will be airing soon and not when she died according to the report on OCT 21! Talk about exploiting her death to increase viewing of their lame "reality" show!
I think shows like this make our society look like trash!

david

What a surpirse, a young person partying it up, then getting behind the wheel, it is tragic for the people that loved her..... but so many young people live for partying, think they are above anything ever happening to them

Bluesky

114 people die everyday in car crashes because of speed, distraction and poor judgement.
everyone accepts it and politician ignore it. Car companies want a bailout so they can make more death traps.
The President hating news complains about 4000 brave volunteer soldiers freeing 50 million people while
42,000 sisters brothers moms dads and friends die every year. With technology every speed limit sign could atomatically regulate a cars speed to within 5 miles over which would have helped here. Auto brakes can be applyed with sensors that detect immenent crash. Coherency testers before starting a car can stop tired angry drugged or dirunk people from starting the death traps. Everyone call your politicans now and demand Auto speed limit controls, auto brake crash sensors, and coherency equiped car starters now. I mean call them now before the idiots in cahrge give out another bailout. we could have saved her and hundereds of thousands. Rest in peace. Johnny (Red) Conniff

kristin

all of yall can rot in hell!!!!!

nannaroo

What does it matter who or what she was. She was a human being who lost her life. She was someone's daughter. Suppose it was you're daughter. How would you feel then ?

iamanut25

I can not believe half of the things I am reading on here. It is so awful! This girl was somebody's daughter, granddaughter, friend.... and to see people say it's good that she's dead? That is heartbreaking. So she lived a different life then you or I... doesn't mean what she was doing was wrong. Ok, so getting behind the wheel while drinking, YES, very wrong, and she obviously paid the high price for that. People that were her friends, and family probably get on here to see what people are saying, and I am sure they do not want to see half of the things being said on here. What a world we live in today. All I can say is that when the time comes, and it's the important time I'm talking about, I sure hope you're not judged like you have been judging. You didn't know her, you don't have a clue what she was like. What gives you the right to judge her?

MindyD

I've never seen her on TV but I'm so sorry to hear of this tragedy. My heart goes out to her family.