« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vick's Incarceration Day Shopping Spree

12/7/2008 11:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sometimes the day you report to jail can be the busiest shopping day of all.

Records now show that Falcons former quarterback Michael Vick blew through a staggering $201,840 on the day he reported to jail on felony dog fighting charges, according to AJC.com.

His "To Do List" that day looked something like this:

Buy new Mercedes -- $99,000
Cash Checks laying around house -- $24,900
Give money to mom of my oldest kid -- $28,000
Give "friend" some money -- $16,000
Misc. last minute impulse buys -- $10,940
Bunch of money to PR firm -- $23,000
NOTE: Find out what "PR" stands for.

Guess this sheds a bit more light on how he was able to burn through $18.2 million from 2006 to 2008.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Lynnette

Sandra Brooks

You are right. What Mike Vick did is in a class by itself (in the NFL). But so is his playing ability, which made him one of the highest paid football players ever. PETA and a few hundred animal lovers are not going to stop people from making money off of him. (the NFL, owners, himself - $$$$ is the bottom line)

I wasn't being 'smart' I was being specific. Seriously...

Sandy

Terri, Although I did not write the posting - HE/SHe is referring going to the community to include schools if indeed that team is looking to bring Vick to that community, (or representing them).The message is simple - do you want this kind of influence on your kids and community? Simple education. I believe that the posting did not mean to solicit kids at all, just protect.

Sandy

Wow Lynette, you obviously are not taking the suggestion of a few posters here tonight as to read up on Vick and find your humanity. Find out what Vick is really about. One thing that I believe is that the people going up against the Vick supporters on this message board know what we are up against. And you think there are just a FEW HUNDRED ANIMAL LOVERS??????? As for the NFL, I really hope that they is humanity there as well. Only time will tell:

PLEASE WRITE:

National Football League
Attn: Roger Goodell, Commissioner
280 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017

Max61

..................Lynnette........while I was waiting for your other reply........I had another thought.............If Vick disappears, would it make a difference in your life?............No, really, the only people it would truly effect would be the three children of his..............but I feel they would be better off without all the stress that will be present when Vick does get out and his life is in such a mess......................There are lots of people in life that just do not work out..............Every society has a group of misfits, malcontents, and other sub human people..............each group tries to deal with those people as best it can...........but they are still there...........what do they do?...............they just live until they die..............that is what Vick has in front of him.............So, how many of society have empathy for these type of people?...............I don't think very many..................................Vick has crossed over into something that even he does not understand and never will...............he is what he is and it would be a waste to expend any time, energy, resources, compassion, or empathy for him.....................I think he will be in trouble later on, based on his life choices to the present.............people do not change that much.............The loud person you knew in school is still loud, the shy person is still shy..............Vick is still Vick and years from now he will still be the same in his mind............only maybe better at hiding it.............................I will write on a piece of paper, "Vick will be in trouble again" and date it...............Then I will nail it to my shop wall and wait............we'll see what happens..........

Lynnette

Sandra Brooks #61

Why in the world would I take the advice of a bunch of anonymous, miscellaneous posters on a message board?!?! lol

I've found my 'humanity' - note the word HUMAN...not dog or canine. I know what Vick is about, what the NFL is about and what business is about $$$$$$$. We just disagree on the issue.

Lynnette

Max61 - 8:43

I responded to this earlier, but it did not show up. I will respond to some of this as it is rather wordy. But, appreciated all the same.
1. 'Mistake" - I have already stated that Michael Vick committed crimes, which makes him a criminal. Whether we call it mistakes, wrong doings, errors or whatever is not that important in my opinion. We agree that what he did was wrong.
2. His levels of decency, honesty, integrity - They may be low, but he was not a Boy Scout. He was an NFL player. His low moral value does not negate the fact that he is a great NFL player. Having low moral value doesn't mean you should lose your job. If thats the case GW. Bush would have been unemployed a long time ago, LOL
3. Lawyers 'Deal' - Aren't lawyers SUPPOSED to negotiate the least amount of jail time as possible? Don't fault Michael Vick for having the finances to retain the best lawyers money can buy. No on in their right mind who hire a lawyer who couldn't negotiate the best 'deal'.
4. The 'sincerity of my sentiment' - While you may not think that it is 'enough', you are entitled to your opinion. We just disagree....
5. You stated that you would do all possible to keep M Vick out of the NFL - If that's how you feel, I commend you for that. It is noble to find something that you believe in and are willing to fight for, even if I completely disagree.
6.Your last statement mentioned me 'thinking a little more' about having empathy for Vick - Why would you think that I haven't thought about this as much as you have?? Just because we don't see eye-t-o-eye, doesn't mean my argument is invalid or not thought out. Its just DIFFERENT from yours. (this is the abridged version of what I typed earlier)

Lala

Two words: Reggie Bush. Here is a very talented athlete that gave back - he built a $90,000 athletic field for a highschool....he sunk money into the restoration of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina..... Reggie is a guy that is a total package - an amazing athlete and an amazing person.

Michael Vick is an embarassment to the human race. There are people out there that think black people are really just ignorant people with athletic talent.....Vick supports that. Bush shows it isn't true. An animal abuser is an animal abuser, I don't care what your "culture" is.

Max61

...................Lynnette..........Wordy?.............Hummmmm...........Actually, I really talk like this............and we will just have to disagree..................You help him all you can and I will try my best to keep him out of the NFL.............and any place else................In the face of all that Vick has done...............I cannot see the support.................Any one item of his would be enough for me to fire him in a heart beat....................Society cannot let it slide because of football...........football is a business yes, but nothing, as far as I am concerened.................I do not want Vick back in the NFL because in my mind he does not deserve all the NFL might give him again..............I don't think he will get in..................

Lynnette

#62 - Max61

""""If Vick disappears, would it make a difference in your life?""""
No,If Vick played in the NFL, USFL or any other league, would it make a difference in YOUR life?? Afterall, he killed HIS dogs, not YOURS, right?

"""""the only people it would truly effect would be the three children of his..............but I feel they would be better off without all the stress that will be present when Vick does get out and his life is in such a mess"""""
Well, we may think we know what is best for someone else's children, but we really don't. I'm sure his entire family has been affected by this ordeal. We don't know what levels of stress his children are under or will be under in the future.

"""""""Every society has a group of misfits, malcontents, and other sub human people...."""""
Yes, we do. But being a misfit shouldn't prevent someone from having the right to earn a living. Even misfits who go to jail, can come out and turn their lives around.

""""""""""I think he will be in trouble later on, based on his life choices to the present....."""""
Only time will tell what will happen to Michael Vick, no matter what we think.

Max61

...................Lynnette..........Let's disagree a bit more...............If Vick plays anywhere, I will do my best to make it tough on him anyway I can..............You have seen what this type of trouble does to a family.........You know full well what is ahead for these kids...........Vick caused it all...............You don't understand, I don't WANT Vick to earn a living...........I want him to hurt for the rest of his life............Actually, if you are old enough, you already know what is ahead for Vick.......you have seen this kind of lifestyle and what it breeds....................Vick deserves all that is coming........................So, we stil disagree...............

Max61

...........Lynnette............Your empathy and compassion for Vick is hard to understand...............Playing football is nothing compared to the killing of dogs...............I don't care if Vick can run, or pass or jump up and down..............HE killed dogs for fun and money..........he gets nothing from me except disdain and dislike and all the energy I can muster to make his like miserable.........................Is that wrong?............I don't think so................We will have to disagree................

Lynnette

Max 61 - Real quick, (as I am about to go to bed and have been on the web far too long,lol) Thank you for the respectful dialogue. I have been called all sorts of names in here just for having a different opinion. You did not do that at all.

In post 67, you mentioned 'you help him all you can and i will try my best to keep him out of the NFL' - thats just the thing....I support his right to earn a living. I support him as a flawed human being, but that's about it. LOL He doesn't need my help in getting back in the NFL or anything else.
And his relationship with the NFL is a two way street. The NFL has given him alot, but he has also given them alot. Those rich owners could not afford to pay him tens of millions if he didn't make them hundreds of millions....just my humble opinion.

If u respond, I'll have to see it tomorrow.

squirrel

Maybe Lynette received a few of Vick's "treatments" herself because she's talking nonsense. Must be the aftershock, really...Poor thing! We should show some compassion!!!!

bcarefulwhatuwish4

No one with a heart or half a working brain would "train" dogs to fight to the death for their enjoyment in watching them suffer and die. No one with a heart or half a brain, would put domesticated pets into a fighting ring with their "trained" to kill dogs. Not only are these people doing it for the "enjoyment" of the fight and kill, they actually think it is funny to watch the dogs maul each other to death. For someone to shackle a female dog to a rape table shows just how heartless that person is. Can you imagine the fear in those dogs who were wetted down and electrocuted? Or the dogs who were hung? How about the ones who were slammed over and over on the ground until they died? Dogs have feelings, they feel pain, they feel fear, Anyone who does this to an animal, who has no voice or say in it;s life, needs to be put away from society for the rest of their life. If you have ever seen what is done to them (the training) to make them fight to the death, it would make you sick and change your mind real fast from saying, "it's just a dog". It takes a very very cruel person to train a dog to be a killer and then enjoy watching the kill. A living breathng creature who if raised with the right people could have brought a lot of joy into someone's life. People like Vick shouldn't even be called human. He and others like him are the animals. He doesn't deserve another chance, he didn't even give those dogs a first chance.

Lynnette

#71 Max61

You mentioned wanting M Vick to 'hurt for the rest of his life" and "NOT wnating him to earn a living, ever". Just to get a better understanding of where you are coming from, could you specifically name a few other people who you feel deserve this same fate??