Abdul Attacks Idol: They Knew About Stalker

12/9/2008 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul is pissed off -- and lashing out at "American Idol," claiming she begged "Idol" producers to keep suicidal fan Paula Goodspeed off the show -- but even after the desperate warning, the dangerously obsessed fan made the show anyway.

Just moments ago on "The View," Babwa went into detail about an interview she did with Paula on her Sirius radio show last night, where Abdul also claimed she's the victim of a three-way conspiracy to ruin her career -- and the perps are bigwigs at Fox, "Idol" and Simon Cowell himself.

"Idol" already added a fourth judge to the new season -- which, in Barbara's opinion, will be Paula's last.

Mackenzie

Sounds about right to me...

Get out now, Paula, before you go down with the ship! American Idol was great while it lasted, but all good things fizzle out when we get tired of watching them.

VioletteUK

FUNNY....I SAW HER ON THE NEWS YESTERDAY MORNING...
AND WHEN ASKED ABOUT HER STALKER SHE BARELY SAID A WORD...
INSTEAD SHE KEPT LEAPING OUT OF HER CHAIR TO FLOG HER JEWELERY COLLECTION SAY 'HOW EXCITED SHE WAS'!
''I'M JUST SO EXCITED, SO EXCITED''...BLAH...BLAH...BLAH!
GO FIGURE.

???????

Everbody is entitled to his/her own opinion...

She was already a has been before American Idol took her in...American Idol gave her career/name another boost....such an ingrate to me....I guess she is paranoid now...with all those "pain killers" she has been taking for her bad neck (or was it her hips? -whatever...) she has been seen acting/speaking weird...sorry...i don't feel sorry for her...whatever she is in now is her own doing...When she is being interviewed with Simon, Randy & Ryan ..she says they are all good friends..now she's bashing Simon with her interview with Walters....Nice friend, huh? ...It's about time AI get a replacement for Abdul...Start fresh....

Yawn

Paula always seems half in the bag.
She never comes off as being clear headed, just goofy.
Truthfully, Simon IS that show, not Paula.
They are bringing on another girl judge this year, what does that tell you?
Paula is lucky she has had AI all these years to boost her sagging (or nonexistent) career.
I am sorry the stalking thing happened to her, I really am.
I'm sure it was horrible.
Aside from that, I am not convinced that Paula is substance free.

Tinalouise

WOWOWOW!! IS SHE SERIOUS?? The only one ruining her career is HER!! Anyone can see she is a effin nut job and Now she is on HSN because ..................... QVC could not deal with her drunk foolishness and the complete inability to speak normally. She seriously needs to stop blaming others and get herself together before her career really is over... whatever career that is i mean if being an idol judge and selling jewelery is a career at all!!

Tangie

Paula Abdul is a paranoid, drunk/drug addict. What career is she even talking about, anyway??!! I hope she gets fired, she used to be fun to watch all high, but now she is just pathetic and extremely childish.

monique

This drunk bimbo needs to hush.

Tangie

Babs needs to retire. She is no longer relevant. She is just a gossipy old nag, now.

that.is.all

Paula was a used up act years ago. She's lucky she got American Idol. There the rumors that Simon was ever, ever interested in Paula. She's a bit nuts, he knows it, I know it and now the smart people of the world knows it.

Jv

What Career she is a has been

Uhmm....

Squirrellygirl

Okay, I like Paula Abdul. I know she got confused when they rearranged things on the show, and yes, she had read some notes on a performance that hadn't happened yet (apparently she saw them rehearsing). At any rate, I usually found her criticism very enlightening. Although I agree with Simon A LOT, Paula was the only judge that put Brooke in her place about stopping and starting again her performances (that it wasn't okay). Paula was the only one who spoke up, and I have to give her credit for that. She has her own opinions, folks, and we should respect all of the effort she has put into her career. She may not be one of my favorite artists, but she is definitely not one of the worst, and does not deserve the negative comments above. I think people should be a little more considerate of people who have had to go through pain (for whatever reason) and the use of pain medication. I love Paula for who she is, and she does not need to change one bit. BTW, Paula is one of my daughter's favorite artists! Paula is doing just fine as is! I enjoyed last idol season, although I can't see it getting any better without David Cook on it!

Missy

12. I still feel that if she was really feeling threatened for her life, then she should have filed for a restraining order to keep Paula Goodspeed off American Idol. Her lack of doing so gave the Idol auditionee recruits grounds to allow her on the auditioning floor. Really, what with all the millions of people who try to get on the show - it would seem really hard to prevent ONE person from being on the floor in vicinity of Paula Abdul.

Posted at 1:18PM on Dec 9th 2008 by Zillah Cain

Rewatch it cause they stated she had a restraining order and they put her on anyway.

Anyway I agree that Paula should be ashamed of herself and just disappear. She sounds ungrateful and if it weren't for Idol we wouldn't have had to see her for however many years this show has been on. Time to hang up your "career" shoes and retire

diana

My husband and I felt that Simon was giving her a bumb-deal. We're never really like Somon's personality. He thinks he knows it all about sound and music.
I personally would like to see Paula stay on the Idol show. However, if she wants to leave eventually then so be it.
I do not feel that Paula is an alcoholic, etc. She just has a kinda hard time in her speaking and that's all.

melody

in a way, i think she's kinda right but i dont think she was serious about simon ruining her career, maybe she said it sarcastically and was misunderstood. she has always said simon help her get her career back on track and help her to push forward and idol help her in a time when she didnt know what she was going to do with her career, so why would she just start hatin on them now? something is a miss, i dont think she was quoted properly or was understood.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments