Creepy Banjo Kid

in 'Deliverance'

'Memba Him?!

12/9/2008 4:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Billy Redden is best known for playing Lonnie, the creepy banjo kid, in the 1972 film "Deliverance." Guess what he looks like now!

Billy Redden

John

You guys at TMZ really get off to calling people extra special huh? This site is getting more and more pathetic each day!

PolarBear

Twang de dee twang twang!

I've got $20 that says that actor later learned how to play that banjo riff anyway! Anyone know for sure?

Reta

What a crock, look at that picture!! those are HIS arms, not a man's arms coming around behind him, you can see the arm all the way down from the shoulder to the hand nonstop. Someone is lying about this kid's pic'n here and that isn't NICE!!!

Rita

where did my comment go?

that's really not cool, my post wasn't offensive nor was it insensitive like the things you guys write at TMZ.

Switch

that old picture looks just like a poster product for a hillrod with parents whom are brother and sister in hills of alabama

anon

You guys (TMZ) are douchebags. I can't believe you all thought the "extra special" comment would be cute. Extremely insensitive. I think it's probably the worst thing I've read on here and you all have made some pretty crappy comments before.

VioletteUK

MY COMMENT IS MISSING TOO!
MINE WASN'T EVEN REMOTELY OFFENSIVE EITHER!

PerrierEveryday

IMBD says that Billy is NOT mentally challenged; the producers said he had the "look" they wanted for the part. He was the only authentic Georgian in the movie and he later gave tours on the river but quit because so many people had died (due to the river being so dangerous).

scissors

What! What'd I say? All I said was "Billy got a Banjo reach around?" and he did! That's not offensive, I was just confirming the facts is all.

TD

Is this guy related to Robin Williams or something?

Mizzrymale

Say what you may, but this guy made one of the most memorable scenes of the movie. Cudos to him, with the sincere pleasure of knowing that he has accomplished more through his percieved shortcomings than most of the imbeciles who will have something negative to say about him. To those I say: Look in the mirror and ask Yourself--just what do YOU have to offer in the line of entertainment to society? That's what I thought, so shut up!

Kid Charisma

Its slimebag musicians like this that give rock and roll a bad name. If this kid hits a lick on that banjo, I’m taking cover. This blind fool is either going to throw dynamite into the river, try and maul your trouser trout when you’re not looking or do jumping jacks out of the side of a short yellow bus. Keep your enemies close and your scary retard friends closer. But not too close if your hear that twang on the five string.

Jerry Jarvela

Don't you people see? YOU all are the a-holes. Just assuming he's "developmentally disabled".

Guy ain't even slow.

Rachet

Where the hell is my comment, TMZ? Nazis. There was nothing offensive in it at all except telling a guy from Georgia his spelling and grammar were pathetic and a big BAH HUMBUG to you for the "special" comment

1959 days ago

Billy Redding Fan

Bill y Redding is a great guy. He is a neighbor of mine in Rabun County Georgia. He actually did NOT play the banjo in the Deliverence movie. But Tim Burton hired hime to play the banjo player in his film Big Fish and paid for him to have banjo lessons then. He is a very hard working man, and doesn't deserved to be called ugly names by people who do not know him.

1956 days ago