Macaulay's Sister Dies

12/11/2008 12:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: TMZ has obtained an official statement from Macaulay's rep. "We can officially confirm that the victim is Dakota Culkin. This is a terrible tragic accident. We have no further comment at this time."

We've learned Macaulay Culkin's sister died yesterday after being struck by a car.

Law enforcement sources tell us Dakota Culkin was walking on the west side of Los Angeles Tuesday when she stepped off a curb and was struck by a car. The 29-year-old Culkin was taken to the UCLA Medical Center where she died of her injuries yesterday afternoon.

So far no arrests have been made. The case is under investigation by LAPD.

Faraz

Why would TMZ put that f'd up picture of macaulay on this article?

carriss

He's been in movies since he was a young kid, and this is the best picture TMZ could dig up for this article? C'mon TMZ, I know you can do better than that.

and as a side note: Macaulay is a member of a large family, and most of his brothers and sisters have been in movies with him, but Dakota is a new one on me.

Kev

"Celebrity Justice" - maybe not the most suitable category for this?

miley$$$

F*ck off Roger C.

I have loved the Culkins since I was a kid. I didn't know much about
Dakota (anything, actually) but I'm very sorry to hear the news. My
heartfelt condolences to the family.

PS: TMZ, I agree with Carriss, stop being toolbags and get people a decent picture when a tragedy occurs.

vanessa

THIS IS SO SO SO SO SAD!!!!!!!! My prayers go out to this entire family.

serene

it's amazing that some find humor in such tragedy. quite sickening.

what a sad story.

shutupalready

This is horrible:( I feel so bad for their family. I don't understand why drivers don't pay better attention!! Also why does TMZ have Macaulay's pic up and not Dakotas? I think her pic should be up not his. Anyway my prayers are with the entire family.

skinnyminny2006

I think it's terrible that this girl's death makes TMZ simply because he brother is famous. It's one thing to report on celebs-but now nothing is off limits about them-including the deaths of siblings. That's a tragedy in and of itself.

Yawn

What a terrible thing to happen, the family must be so devastated.
My heart and prayers go out to the family.
I lost my own sister in December and I know how hard it is in the first place and then with
the holidays, it is even harder on everyone.
Dakota was so young it makes it even more tragic.
As for anyone who would post a stupid comment on here when such a tragic event has happened, you
are worthless.

Liz Reardon

Roger C you are a sick person. If you can call yourself a person, your are actually an animal!
Please do the right thing and remove his comment right away. I pray for the Culkin family, this is tragic.
Liz R

Avenge, revenge, whatever

Roger, your comment was idiotic. Not only was it not funny, it made no sense. Since "sulken" isn't really a word, you should have spelled it "sulkin" you f-tard. I hope you step out into traffic you hideous moron. You are too stupid to live.

MISS SWEET D

MY CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILY. RIP DAKOTA.

Pete G.

Very, very sad...My thoughts are with the family. I lost my dad this past August and am having a hard time dealing with his death. He was 76 and I'm 45 so I can't imagine what the Culkin family is going through. All I can say is time helps heal all wounds

Joanne

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Culkin Family. I still love seeing you, MacCauley in "Home Alone1 and 2"..

Venita

Dear "not by Dumbass", are you sure????