Kanye Self-Destructs on SNL

12/14/2008 10:36 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dare we say it? Kanye West could learn a lot from Ashlee Simpson -- such as if you can't sing, lip-synch. Turns out It's less embarrassing.
Kanye West: Click to view!
West stunk up the stage on "SNL" last night -- so maybe it was supposed to be a joke.

mirostorr

Kanye ROCKS!!!!!
To me it sounded like he had a really sore throat...
But even if he doesn't have good pitch, his music still kicks ass!:)
His lyrics, his rythm, his energy, and his charisma make up for the pitch issues

and hey, at least he's got the courage to go up there n let his fans see/hear him that way :)

2025 days ago

loveliife

You guys are just all hating on him cause he's famous, he's got money and talent.
Like any of you could sing better than him.

2034 days ago

Biff

Plain & Simple, This Guy's so full of himself, that He probably does'st realize how Tone Deaf He really is. All the vocal lessons in the world could'nt help that CRAP-OLA voice.

firebaby

kanye sucks...

Hey Kayne - YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jack Shite

All rappers are just posers and wimps who are a testimony to the bad taste of anyone who would buy their songs.

We live in an accelerated culture of no talent being rewarded for nothing.

Mackenzie

It really was bad. I'm not even convinced it was him on the stage, it was so GD dark the whole time...

He should have invited Estelle to perform their song together. It's a good song.. much better than the 2 pieces of crap he "performed" for us last night.

I know you're gonna read this, so can you tell me what the hell is wrong with you?

jef

He really sucks. He sounds either high or drunk to me. I wonder if he thinks he's still the next Elvis...NOT

Kristina

I'm just sayin'....

D-man

I'm not a fan of the guy or any of the mainstream rappers, but I knew it would suck. I'm so tired of that Auto-tune.

derek jaro

WE FOOLED THE MASSES TOO, KANYE, FOR A WHILE . .

SOONER OR LATER YOU GET FOUND OUT.

Mackenzie

7. I'm not watching the video because Kanye is one of my least favorite celebs (he whines too much about unimportant things and when he doesn't get his way), but I will say what I have said many times before -- EVERY artist lip-synchs at one point or another. There are situations where using a recording of the singer sounds better, or it's the more appropriate solution. For example, Ashlee had to because she was having throat issues and her doctor told her to let her voice have some rest -- she wasn't even supposed to be talking much. Either way, it's the singer's voice that is being used when they lip-synch, so who cares?!? It's apart of the business. So, TMZ and the rest of the world, learn your stuff before you run your mouths about something everyone does at one time or another.

I'm just sayin'....

Posted at 2:33PM on Dec 14th 2008 by Kristina

Dear Kristina:

It is quite obvious that you know even less about the "music biz" than any of the people you are attempting to lecture. The appropriate solution for an artist with throat issues is to postpone the proformance until they are able to give it 100 percent.

Also, you need a refresher on grammar. "Apart" means at a distance regarding to either time or space, "a part of" is what you were trying to say... Way to go!!

DINGDANGEDMOFO

This is awesome Kanye, you SUCK BUTT!
voice of a dying generator more like it.

tanya

I am not the biggest fan of Kanye West but I really enjoyed this performance. For many years there have been many entertainers who could not sing, from the rockers, punk rockers, rappers, and some singers. They call it entertainment. The music is changing in all genres. im not judging him by his personal problems or his attitude. I just enjoyed the performance.

db

How does this crap sell....Kanye..stick to rapping...you are not blessed with a singing voice:(

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments