John Walsh: "Today Is a Good Day"

12/16/2008 5:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

After 27 years, the killer of John Walsh's 6-year-old son was finally identified as Ottis Toole, and during a tearful press conference just moments ago, the "AMW" host made one thing clear, "Justice delayed is not justice denied."

Joe Walsh: Click to watch
Police said there was no new evidence in the case -- and that there had been enough to close the case "many years ago." The killer, a convicted pedophile, died in prison in 1996.

Despite his death, Walsh believes Toole is "getting what he deserves."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Roger Moore

John Walsh is an opportunistic piece of crap, he would have killed his own kid just to get a TV show.

Bradblowsgeorge

This savage killer should have died at the hands of those of us who HATE child killers, molesters, abusers, and not quietly in prison. Me, I would have severed his head and tossed it down the river, like he did Adam. Wow, I need an anger management course. My heartfelt sorrow again for the Walsh's and I hope it brings them some sort of closure, knowing this monster is burning in hell. Adam rest in peace, sweet child.

Mr. X

Anonymous you're an idiot.

Alison

At least he has found his answer after so many years of helping others. God Bless his family. May they all be at peace now.

Greg

My comments in the last TMZ post were rude and I apologize. I wish Mr. Walsh nothing but the best.

Alison

Hey -- #1 -- YOU are a disgusting opportunistic piece of crap for writing that... what goes around comes around and it better hit you hard b/c what you said is sick.

Liz

Hopefully, justice will not be denied in the "Caylee Anthony" case.

I am so happy for the Walsh family!

Roger Moore

The police are hanging this unsolved murder on a dead guy. John Walsh killed his own child to capitalize on the resulting fame. Sad yet true.

stephc5

My heart goes out to the family.

But am I missing something? Why did it take until now to find out that he had made a deathbed confession if the man died in 1996?

whateveryousay

Hey #1, no wonder you didn't put your name on that stupid response. Yea, he killed his kid for a tv show. Damn, I'm done with this site.

O J Simpson

Good for number one he got it right.
See how long John Walsh would make it in prison and be persecuted the rest of his life
Now get off the tv and shut up about your kid.
Other people have loses and get no media coverage others it goes on for hours daily
why?

MJ

Actually, they've known for several years that this guy did it - Walsh has talked about it. I'm not sure why they took so long to make it official.

justin jpstar13

im only but i stared wacting a mw at 5 years old and ever since thin i loved the show i tune in every sat to wact it on fox

Roger Moore

i apologize for my outburst, when my ass herpes flares up I am cranky and out of my mind.

LWood

Finally, after all these years!
Adam's heartbreaking story has stuck with me, especially
back then when caring for my then three-year-old brother.
I am so happy for the Walsh family. Rest in peace, Adam.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments