Judge: Sweetin Not Allowed

to Be Alone with Baby

12/17/2008 4:07 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1217_jody_sweetin_ex-1Jodie Sweetin is not allowed to see her 8-month-old daughter without supervision.

Moments ago, an Orange County, Ca. judge made the explosive ruling after Sweetin's estranged husband Cody Herpin accused the "Full House" star of being an unfit mother -- citing an alleged incident where Sweetin drove intoxicated with their baby in the car.

The couple faced off in open court today for an emergency custody hearing at Cody's request.

Jodie, an admitted meth addict and alcoholic who lives with her parents, will not be allowed to be with the child unless one of her folks is present.

A doctor also took the stand and claimed that Jodie had recently fallen off the wagon. However, the doc confirmed Jodie has been in touch with her sponsor and is attending AA meetings. The doctor said she does not believe the baby is at risk at the moment.

A judge ordered both Cody and Jodie to submit to drug tests before the next hearing.

Bernice

I just LOVE when doctors comment the person is not a present danger to the child blah blah blah... Next thing you are reading the child is dead due to that very parent! It's sad. She needs help and that doesn't happen over night. It's a lifelong struggle. How sad, what a beautiful little girl.

grace

I find it sad how these stars are all losing their children. Maybe they deserve it, I am not the one that determines that. I have known and still know many parents who should have their kids taken away, more so than these stars, at least they hire good nannies to care for them. they have more interaction than the parents most of the time. But for the average person, I have found, for the child to be taken away there has to be a parent almost kill the child. I had a cousin who tested positive for speed DURING the birth, baby tested positive as well. She left the hospital with the baby. CPS was supposed to "check in" but the baby died 3 days before 2 months. They ruled it SIDS but never did an autopsy. I once called CPS on another cousin, his daughter had capilary bruising all over her body. They had already been investigating for a couple of months on another allegation from someone else. The lady told me in exact words, I will never forget "Oh I know he would never do anything to hurt her. Maybe she just fell." I then told her she told me "Daddy hit me" when I asked what happened. She then said "kids say the craziest things sometimes. Then these stars get their kids taken away in a heart beat. Wow. How messed up is this world.

Melbourne

I bet when people have cancer you don't make fun of them. Addiction is a disease, if you don't believe me look it up. Somebody you know will suffer or die from this, someone close to you. Instead of making fun of her you should be praying she gets the help she needs. Someone close to you will need help now or later. This disease effects all of us either directly or indirectly. I hope and pray you will not make fun of them but support and help them.

Erica

another britney..it's so sad ... but even britney grew up and started straightening herself out. llisten gals. it's not easy especially with these freeloading guys you're haning around with but god dammit..look into those baby's eyes..that innocent face.. that's enough reason to be sober..

darling nikki

are you telling me you don't occasionally have a drink or two.

I have now been clean and sober for over 12 years!

Posted at 11:21PM on Dec 17th 2008 by B

Ummm...she is an alcoholic. Safe to say that she does not stop at a "drink or two". Your 12 step program apparently failed you because you are still in denial. You still sound like a stumbling drunk who claims to have had only a "drink or two". You claim to have been sober for 12 years but then stated you have fell off the wagon a few times. Hmmm....

How can you compare a diet to alcoholism? Sneaking a cookie does not impair your driving and decision making. Not a good comparison.

Anyhoo, this broad is a train wreck. Also, those claiming that her estranged husband is with her for her money have not taken in consideration that her money is probably long gone as a result of her many habits. A poster on the first page said she was the new Dana Plato....that's a good comparison. I'm sure a lot of people are adding her to the death pools for 2009.

Fred Harris

That's sad. Jodie is cute, actually, downright hot. She needs to get off the booze and meth, or she isn't going to look that way for long.

RosiesFairy

It's a real shame that drugs play a big part in our familes. And it's not just the ones with fame and money. And it's NOT just in the present... alcohol and other drugs have been abused as long as they've been made. Families have been torn apart for many years. It's not anything new that any of us can comment on... it is, however, been made more aware of by media and the way we're able to communicate with one another in this way. There is no denying... There SURE is a LOT of abuse within family members. Sad, very Sad.

alissa

If this were reversed most of you would be cursing out Jodie. Because shes a woman you are dissing her. From what it looks like to me her exhusband is being hateful and trying to get even with her. Sounds like hes a big liar. He looks dirty.

BigDeal

She's going to end up just like Dana Plato from Different Strokes.

ruthiesvu

I think that it is sad when people use their kids to punish their spouse. The husband is only doing it because he is mad that Jodie left him. He is just trying to be mean. Men do that to women because they know it kills them to be called an unfit mother. He is using her addiction against her. I hope that she proves them wrong and battles her addiction and the court.... Be strong Jodie!

miracle

Until you walk in her shoes, don't judge her. Addiction is a disease, one that there is no cure. Recovering addicts can and do lead fullfilling lives. Relapse happens to the best of them. How many of you have been touched by this disease, by someone you love or someone u know? It is a family disease, it affects everyone. Recovery is a gift. I hope that she finds it again.

joannechristie

NOW THIS IS A TOTAL LIE! HER PARENTS ARE MASTERS!!!! THEY ONLY HAD HER FOR SLAVERY AND THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT PAID THEM DEARLY TO HAVE HER!!!!! NOW HER HUSBAND HAS A VAGINA AND THE child IS A PLANT!!!!!!! THIS IS REAL DEMOCRACY SOME SICK NASTY DISGUSTING CRAP!!!! YES I WOULD USE ANOTHER MORE APPLICABLE ADJECTIVE BUT THEY WOULD SAY I HAD A BAD LANGUAGE! SEE THEY MAKE HER EAT DOOKIE OTHERWISE KNOWN AS SHHHH ITTTTTTTT AND THEN CALL HER TROUBLED AND SICK!!!!!! AND THE PEOPLE WHO RUN THIS SITE ARE IN THE VERY SAME GROUP! THE PEOPLE WHO EITHER HAVE A DOG VAGINA OR A PEE HOLE ALL CANNIBALS!

Mom2addict

I think it's incredibly sad that most of the posts on here have tried and convicted this girl; aren't you innocent until proven guilty? Addiction is a disease, but one that with proper treatment can be arrested! Jodie is doing what she needs to do to stay clean and sober by attending 12 step meetings, and working her program! I challenge each of you who have convicted her to google "meth addicts" look for photos...Jodie IS NOT on meth!!!! She's a beautiful young woman who deserves the chance to prove herself, and to raise her daughter! This husband of hers is skewering her to the press and the courts because he knows he's about to lose his meal ticket! Grow Up Herpin!!! Get a job like the rest of the world and stop trying to live off your wife and child!!! Slanderous comments such as the ones he's made are only plausible because he is aware of her past and her disease...in other words, he knows he could sell his garbage to the press and it would sound very believable! He's a snake, and if he is truly worried for the welfare of his child why didn't HE leave her when this "alleged" drug abuse was going on under his nose???? Cut this girl a break people...she's human, and she has feelings and struggles just like the rest of us! Myself, I'm gonna pray for her, because she's gonna need all the strength she can muster to go through this very public divorce and custody battle!!!!

♥Samii♥

Wow. That's really sad.
I mean, I knew she was a meth & alcohol addict, but when she had this baby; I really thought she had turned her life around, and was actually using {what's left of} her brain.
However, reading this article, and hearing that she's back to where she started, it really breaks your heart. I mean, neither parent looks capable of taking care of this poor baby....but knowing that she drove intoxicated with the baby in her car... geez. It's not something I look up to or condon, but this baby is going to grow up with out a mother and possibly without a father....it's very sad. I feel for the child.

Dixie

27. that just sucks. she's a pretty girl. don't these child stars invest their money or save their money so they don't have to live at home with their parents or hold employment like "normal" perople? he's not employed....what did he do before hand.....i thought at one time i read that he was a police officer.....is that correct?

Posted at 4:05PM on Dec 17th 2008 by Millie

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
She was once married to a police officer but he divorced her when he found out she was hooked on meth.