The Mom in

'Miracle on 34th Street'

'Memba Her?!

12/25/2008 4:27 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Maureen O'Hara played Doris Walker in the 1947 Christmas classic "Miracle on 34th Street." Guess what she looks like now!

someday

god bless her....she was truly wonderful in that film.

2065 days ago

Zoya

Very underated actress. Loved her in the Quiet Man with John Wayne if you havent seen it rent it its awesome!

2065 days ago

okie

Maureen O'Hara is one of the most beautiful women of Hollywood, then and now.

2065 days ago

To see or not to see

John Payne, with Maureen in this picture, was also a good actor - often in gangster roles - but strangely he is not remembered as a big star like Humphrey Bogart.

2065 days ago

lena

definitely an inspiration for all of us. less is more.....

2065 days ago

Kathy

I could have sworn I read somewhere a few years ago that she had died.

So glad to know I was wrong. She's always been one of my favorite actresses. She comes from that golden age with so many beautiful, gracious and truly amazing actresses with such class & dignity as well as talent.

I loved Ms O'Hara, Grace Kelley, Debra Kerr, Audrey Hepburn.

AND I admired each of them because they were truly LADIES & exuded class & grace from every pore. They were beautiful inside and out. Ms O'Hara still is truly beautiful.

I watched her on Larry King a few years ago (right before that rumor came out about her death I believe) & she still has that beautiful Irish lilt too & being Irish myself from a long line of Irish folks, that made me love her even more.

I'm SO glad to learn the rumor about her death was just that - a rumor apparently. Thanks TMZ for letting us know that she's alive and well & still lovely.

2065 days ago

Mary Worth

She also has a beautiful singing voice!

Her autobiography, " 'Tis Herself" came out a couple of years, ago. It's a powerful account of herself!

2065 days ago

tmz.irl

Maureen is now 90 and she recently celebrated her birthday by appearing in a number of tv and radio programmes in Ireland. She is also in excellent health.