"Trading Spaces" Star Nailed for DUI

12/30/2008 9:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Doug Wilson -- the guy on "Trading Spaces" who once redesigned someone's room into a prison cell -- was busted early this morning for DUI and sent to a cell of his very own.

Doug was pulled over at around 1 this morning by Decatur, Illinois police after failing to yield to an emergency vehicle -- which happened to be a squad car with its lights and siren blaring.

The cop ended up pulling Doug over -- and arresting him for aggravated DUI, driving on a suspended license, failing to yield the right-of-way to an emergency vehicle and illegal transportation of alcohol.

Doug was jailed and released on $1,000 bond.

POETICJUSTICE987

ppl make mistakes, housewives from pa make mistakes, designers from il make mistakes. it doesn't mean he is some god awful person, it means he screwed up. can it affect other ppl? yes, in terrible ways. but he didn't. alcohol affects different ppl in different ways. leave him alone and get on with ur sorry life!!!

2029 days ago

Bick62

I don't see what the big deal is. We have people aressted for DUI all the time around here and I don't see any of their photos or names all over the web. He is just a person like everyone else and made a stupid choice.

It happens everyday somewhere in the us. Let's start posting all of the DUI's in the country. His DUI is of NO intrest to me. It just took up space on the web page where they could have put something more intresting.

2029 days ago

Obie

Decatur is a struggling town just like many across the U.S. And just because a "star" comes home to his roots doesn't give him the right to take advantage of the situation. I am sure he was either having a good time with family and old friends or having the usual holiday "festivous" like many housholds do at this time. There seems to be family fights during this time of year that could cause someone to use poor judgement. Being a grown man though he should have used better judgement and had a designated driver. That is what responsible people would do no matter who you are.

2029 days ago

Amazed by lack of education

What Doug did was obviously wrong in the eye's of the law, at the same time who are we as fellow human beings to sit and cast judgement? How many of you have been to a night club with a family member or friend that you knew was too intoxicated to drive home? Instead of being responsible for them and making sure that they made it home safely by taking their keys, you let them get in the car and drive. When I say too intoxicated, I don't mean slurred speach, can't stand up or walk a straight line....I mean they are buzzed and feeling good, but you feel that they are coherent enough to make it. Many times people will get in the car and be over the legal limit and have no clue that they are in the position to put themselves and someone else at risk. We are all guilty and for them to put a personality that we may have heard of on the grinding block for this is ridiculous. They already have enough stress having to put their life out there for all to see, along with the demand to be beautiful and classy. Yeah they may have more money that most of us, but tell me would you not accept the money if it was offered to you????? I think that anyone would switch roles with someone famous in a heartbeat. Once again I am not saying that Doug is in the right by any stretch of the imagination, however we need to lay off....judge not lest ye be judged....and from the looks of some of the previous posts there has been some alcohol and drugs consumed by people with nothing better to do than criticize. Maybe we should get them for Posting Under the Influence......be it alcohol, drugs, ignorance or just plain stupidity. The lack of education that is displayed in some of the posts are just appalling.

2029 days ago

Buck NekkidX

"Don we now our GAY apparel, purple pants, ruffled shirt, high-heeled shoes...." Bwahahahahahaha! Maybe he was rushing to Ty Pennington's or Oprah's "Nate's house" for a "Brokeback Mountain Party".

2029 days ago

Cardsfan

I am soooo glad this guy got a DUI. I know him. He lives in a small town outside of Decatur and walks around like he owns the whole town. He actually owns a bar in Sullivan IL. He starts drinking just about everyday around 2 or 3 and walks around drinking his wine until closing time or later. Sometimes he just sleeps on the couch at the bar all night and then the servers have to go wake him up for his meetings the next day still wearing the clothes from the night before, hair a wreck, and smelling like stale liquor. Trust me guys, this dude is a real piece of work! He may actually end up losing his liquor license over this. You can't have one in the state of IL if you have a felony, and it looks like he's getting two of those!

2029 days ago

John M

WHO CARES!! He is not going to get any felonies. The State will always throw a bunch of charges and hope that one of them sticks. I'm sure he will plea to a lesser charge so that this doesn't tie up the court system. The cop was probably mad because the cop has 4 inches and everyone else is going to pay for it. Drunk or not - he is still HOT and it wouldn't take much for me and a lot of other people to bed him down.

2029 days ago

Bottom Guy

Doug gets nailed. I'd like him to nail me.

2029 days ago

toddm7878

Why was his license already suspended? Previous DUI?

2029 days ago

TR1958

In the little town I live in, it doesn't matter who you are, you get in ANY kind of trouble and your name goes in the paper along with what you were arrested for, so, your like guilty until proven innocent.

2027 days ago

gahsdfkvchk

Boy, TMZ is AMAZING! With friends like them, who needs enemies... They broke the news before it even happened.

""Trading Spaces" Star Nailed for DUI
Posted Dec 30th 2008 7:40PM by TMZ Staff"

It didn't even happen until December 31, 2008 - 5 (FIVE) PLUS HOURS AFTER THEY BROKE THE NEWS!!!

I wonder if they can tell me where my life is going?

2025 days ago

gahsdfkvchk

To: "Amazed by lack of education"

"we need to lay off....judge not lest ye be judged....and from the looks of some of the previous posts there has been some alcohol and drugs consumed by people with nothing better to do than criticize. Maybe we should get them for Posting Under the Influence......be it alcohol, drugs, ignorance or just plain stupidity. The lack of education that is displayed in some of the posts are just appalling."

I guess you ought to take your own advice or should I say Bible quoting...

Let us also talk about "The lack of education that is displayed in some of the posts are just appalling." as you refer to them. I will begin with you.

1. "judgement" - should be judgment
2. "speach" - should be speech
3. The lack of education that is displayed in some of the posts ARE just appalling - should be IS

Now, who would you like to judge next?

2025 days ago