"Lost" Star Battles Baby Mama and Gets Kid

1/7/2009 8:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Naveen Andrews has just left family court with his son, and the baby mama is sitting on the courthouse steps bawling.
Naveen Andrews: Click to watch
The "Lost" star and Elena Eustache, the mother of three-year-old Naveen Joshua, were in L.A. County Superior Court, where a judge changed the custody order after Elena allegedly took the boy out of L.A. County without permission. Naveen also claimed Elena kept the boy from him.

The parents had joint custody, but today, with the help of disso-queen Laura Wasser, the order was modified so Naveen now has sole physical and legal custody pending a full hearing next month.

We're told Elena has alleged Naveen's girlfriend, Barbara Hershey, practices witchcraft and that Naveen and Hershey have poisoned the boy. In response, Wasser asked the judge to order Elena to undergo psychiatric testing.

Elena brought the boy to court. After the ruling, the bailiff took the boy from Elena and gave him to Naveen, who left the courthouse with Hershey.

Under the new order, the boy is allowed to travel to Hawaii where Naveen films "Lost". He can be accompanied either by Naveen or Hershey.

After the hearing, Elena told TMZ, "I can't believe celebrities and their money. They always get what they want."

The pic above shows the boy, Naveen, Laura Wasser and Barbara Hershey leaving court. Elena is in the pic on right.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

fameblame

I think Barbara Hershey is getting a bad rap here.I read that Grace Johnston (The daughter on Beaches) said that Barbara would sing to her and read her stories during breaks while filming Beaches.She seems like a very loving person. GIVE HER A BREAK!

2016 days ago

firebaby

why is naveen so sexy?

first...

Grace

The birth mother sounds like a real whack job - usually I would agree that celebrities do get special treatment but I think in this case the judge did the right thing and looked out for the best interests of the child. Good job your Honor!

oops

i di'int know that barbara went bollywood on us???

she must like naveen's "man curry" !!!

whatever

I totally agree with #3's posting!!! I couldn't have said it better!

Toria

I would want the kid to stay with the birth mother unless she's crazy. And if I was his girlfriend, I wouldn't want another woman's child living with me. That's why I would never date someone's baby's daddy. I hope the mother, unless she's crazy, gets the kid back. He belongs with her. Not with his father and his old lady.

Kay

When judges remove small children from their mothers they usually have good reasons.

Monica

I also agree with number 3, and frankly, the mother shouldn't have taken the kid passed the designated boundaries (in this case the county) without permission. And if she did inded try to keep Naveen from his son, then shame on her!

Monica

ugh, my comment (#5) should have said past, not passed

Leela

I love "Lost" but I was not impressed when many celebrities were asked for a soundbite during the whole Hurricane Katrina fiasco and Naveen eyes glittered with hatred when he said "you can see where this governments' priorities lie". I realize he was voicing the same opinion as a lot of other people but the hostility on his face was the very same as we have all seen a thousand times from men from the Middle East. He wasn't just an American disenchanted with his government, he was speaking from an entirely different point of view. You'd have to have seen it to understand why it made me angry that someone doesn't mind making good money starring in an American tv show but he still has that mindset of a man who despises America and what it stands for. If I sound racist, I really am not but he made a really bad impression and since he was at that event representing the show Lost, I was quite disgusted.

Hohos

i wouldn't mind some of his man curry myself. . .

Sono

First, the character Saiyid rules on LOST and I can't wait for the next season to start up in a few weeks. Second, it's nice to see a man who didn't get completely hosed in court when it comes to things like divorce and child custody just b/c he's a man.

dee

Uh, the boy can't be alone with his own mother, but he can be alone with that whack job, Barbara Hershey (Seagull) ? Neither of those women whould be with the boy unsupervised.

Anon

To #6 -- Not necessarily. Desparate parents unfortunately lean too much on their attorneys for advice and sometimes following that advice can be devastating. We don't know the whole story here; we don't know why she left L.A. It's a shame to say that because a child was taken from the mother she must have somehow done something to deserve it. Family Courts are experimenting with a whole generation of children with these kinds of rulings.

jrad247

I wonder if Harvey has ever seen Laura Wasser's boobs ? Oooooh that's right, I forgot.... Harvey's gay.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments