Travolta Mourners Bombard Wrong Funeral Home

1/7/2009 6:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Hiers-Baxley Funeral Home in Ocala, Fla. is being overrun with cards, flowers and phone calls from tons of sympathetic Travolta fans. Problem is, the home isn't doing Jett's funeral.

Reps from Hiers-Baxley have no idea why people are calling them since they've never been asked to handle any of the arrangements. But funeral home reps say they've been flooded with so many deliveries, they've had reach out to John's publicity firm, Rogers and Cowen, for help. R&C has instructed the funeral home to forward only the cards to the firm's L.A. offices.

As for the loads of flowers, reps at the funeral home still aren't sure what to do with them.

PATTYCAKES

They can feel free to forward flowers to me!

gross

That's it! I will no longer view tmz online or on air - I will ban the advertisers too! You are going far to far with you coverage of this tragic loss. It is not anyones business, mine or others, who attends Jett's funeral, what funeral home is handling arrangements, how the family is coping - nothing. You all need to pray this doesn't happen to your sons or daughters - your disgusting!

Jennifer

Why is the funeral home accepting deliveries then???????? I guess they are used to dealing with dead people.

Hyde30

Take them to hospitals and nursing homes, dumbasses. Good grief, how stupid are those people?

99centz

the tragedy continue'z......how can thiz be????

tard in the hood

Travolta could care less if your kid died. DUMBAMERICA

Bex

Oh yeah? So these uppity, arrogant Travolta's are too good to receive flowers from well wishers? They let their kid die out of embarrassment from autism and now they are better than everyone else. Doesn't surprise me at all.

Bex

FedUp...don't let the door hit ya in the ass...idiot.

christine

THEY COULD TAKE THE FLOWERS TO THE CEMETARY AND PLACE THEM ON ALL THE GRAVES THAT HAVE NONE.

Meri

Why couldn't the funeral home have sent the flowers to the right funeral home? Or a phone call to the Florists to let them know. The people that sent these flowers,paid their money to show sympathy to Jett and his family.Flowers for a funeral are not cheap and cost quite a lot.

Mags

FedUp at 5:53PM on Jan 7th 2009
It wouldn't happen to any kid of mine, because if I had a special needs child, I would make sure he/she took the neccesary medication and was never left unsupervised

Also, if I had Travoltas' money, I would have hired specialists educators and nannies for my special needs kid, not my BF (Jeff what's his name, the manny, is JT's BF. The manny part is a lame ass cover story)

littlecrock

They should donate them to local children's hospitals and nursing homes. Flowers make people smile.

Dyna

The poor people at this funeral home were probably so bewildered when the started getting delivery after delivery! John's people must be afraid that the flowers may have bombs in them if they only want the cards forwarded.

HA HA

# 10 tmz should have banned your inhumane comment . Your nothing but garbage ! I take that back, garbage is better than you.

Sandy

I agree with number 9. Bring them to a cemetary and leave them on graves that have none people.
The Travoltas will have more than they know what to do with. Or better yet, make a donation to a good
charity, like the ASPCA or the World Wildlife Fund in their name and they will get sent a card that a donation
has been made in Jett's honour.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments