Crying Paris Lands "20/20" in Legal War

1/16/2009 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

This isn't just a great photo of Paris Hilton crying on her way to jail back in 2007 -- it's exhibit A in a legal war against the ABC network.

The photographer who shot the pic, Karl Larsen, has filed a Federal lawsuit against the network, claiming their show "20/20" ran the photo without paying him for it -- but it gets a lot better.

In the suit, Larsen claims "20/20" gave the credit for the image to a guy named Nick Ut -- a Pulitzer Prize winning photographer who snapped the infamous picture of a naked 9-year-old girl running away from a napalm attack during the Vietnam War.

Usually, being confused with a Pulitzer winner isn't a bad thing, but Larsen claims Ut is competition now -- and points out that Ut also was there shooting on the day Paris went back to jail.

Now, Larsen says, he's "suffered ... a decrease in market value" of his work as a result of the mix-up and wants ABC to hand over a ton of cash to pay for the damages. ABC couldn't be reached immediately for comment.

bigdog

look at the smile on the female officers face, in the passenger seat.....too funny!

R

He can show proof: film negative or something sort like that. Unfortunately, everything's digital. That's one downfall of having digital camera is no negatives for proof.

Bex

This is something I get joyful glee in...watching this spoiled, arrogant slut crying like a baby and being put back in jail.

PEPSI Generation

I been there before and than they take away your shorts and shirt and you l@@K like that....next picture is that the story line here? we are going to go to jail and loose our shirts and shorts ,I see said the blind nude family as they ran into the WALL.

Firefly

If you look closely you will see that the female officer is not laughing or smiling. Its just a reflection of a tree branch on the window that makes it look like she is smiling. If I were the officer I know I'd probably be smiling too!

silverfox

LOL, don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.................

Anita

They should pay the right person.

Anita

Yawn....

Me

Anybody that messes with Barbara Walters (CFR) is a hero of mine! She sucks! The View would be lots better if she stayed at home. She lost her edge and is a whimp now. The girls get going and she pulls them back like an old maid.

Anita

Has it been two years already. I must be gettin old.

Anita

I used to love The View but now I hate the show.

Anita

I HATE JOY BEHAR !!!!!!

PEPSI Generation

Than they do this 2YA?

Anita

The only one with an brains on that show is Whoopi, she also know how to get a point across without in a calm manner.

Anita

Bawa Wawa is such a byttch.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments