Joaquin Phoenix: Thanks Academy -- For Nothing

1/17/2009 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Joaquin Phoenix has made the worst career choice since "Ishtar," and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is squarely to blame.

Click to Watch! -- Joaquin Phoenix
Watch this video of Joaquin "performing" last night at Lavo in Las Vegas. Clearly fueled by his Oscar nomination in "Walk the Line," the delusional former actor has given up a promising career for a Federline future. There's an epic fall in there too.

opekoe2001@yahoo.com

WHY>>>>>>>>>>>>>I Mean WHY...This is WEIRD.....GET REAL>>>>>OFF His Rocker...

darius

what a dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

opekoe2001@yahoo.com

GET REAL
He is Not "Right" is the Head ........So Wrong .....weird

Tom P

typical heterosexual man...let's himself go. He looks terrible. Damn.

Acid

Are you freakin kidding me? What a douche, he needs to go on Tool Academy or stop taking magic mushrooms. Actors are nutts!

Chelsie

Very disturbing considering how he once looked....what a shame.

K

He is a self important Ahole and the furthest thing from a rebel he thinks he is.

Shannon

p.s. the whistling is the best part, tihs guy is so freaking funny.
What a prankster!
Love you Juaquin!

fancy & classey

SO WHAT!! I'd still give him a bath........then play nurse maid

Caitlin

He is probably just joking around in this and same with the other video, and the paps are making it into this whole big huge thing, like they do with EVERYTHING

Sandy

This guy has raw talent in the pictures I have seen him in. WHY would he do this is beyound my comprehension! I am in agreement with Shannon - he can't be serious!!!!!! He must be pulling our legs.

why?

Wow, I hope he gets help. I really think he is a great actor, I think he should go back to Hollywood. I am still trying to get what his style is, can anyone tell me?

Cam

Rap is old news anyway....maybe if he tried something like this 10 years ago it would have been mildly interesting. But he basically just looks like a fat douche-bag. As for the people saying he is pulling an "Andy Kaufman" joke, one thing they should remember is that most of Kaufman's humor, was fueled by a massive coke addiction, and the only people that really found him funny were other coke addicts.

Lori

He looks like he's mimicing K-fed's belly too, lookihg like a bit of a chunky monkey in that sweater. All that weed he must be smoking has given him some serious munchies.

boo boo

I feel like he's in on a joke that no one else gets. That wacky Phoenix Family! You have to give them credit - they do their own thing. Could the audio be any worse on the recording? I couldn't even tell what it was supposed to sound like.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments