« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vick -- Out of the Doghouse "Any Day"

1/30/2009 4:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael VickMichael Vick is just days away from the sweet smell of freedom -- the kind you find at a half-way house.

Vick's lawyer told a Virginia bankruptcy judge this morning he expects Vick to be released to a halfway house "any day" -- which means he could be out from behind bars several months before the end of his 23-month prison sentence at Leavenworth.

Vick could end up serving the rest of the term in Newport News, Va.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons would not confirm the early release plans, but his lawyer seems pretty damn sure of himself.

Think he has plans for the Super Bowl?

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Max61

............mrblaq @ 4:30 pm.................I read your post and re-read my post to you...........You basically called me a coward and that. "huge advances to uplift your people"...........................Your reading comprehension is no good............In my post to you, I stated whites just don't want to deal with you.............and LIVE YOUR LIFE..............You stated that the others coming to America had all the support...........no they don't........... and that you were just getting out of the slavery situation............Don't you get it?............Living YOUR life is the best you can do..........get on with it..........that is all anyone can do........All the whites, are not wealthy and having a wonderful time...........besides, a wonderful time is actually controlled by ones own mind set...............Your post sounds just like your leaders, always saying, "those whites have done you wrong and it is their fault"............That kind or retorhic is outdated and just plain old...............Today, right now, whites just don't want to deal with you............Think.....Was slavery wrong?.....absolutely........Was the Holocaust wrong?.....absolutely.....Was the Native American wronged?......absolutely...........Were the Greeks wronged by the Persians?.....absolutely.........Read a broader selection of books...........Get on with YOUR life..............I don't know you or want to know you.............I would prefer your style of life was somewhere else............but that won't change.........it is just that simple........as I stated before, our perception................AND what does this, have to do with the terrible things, Michael Vick did?.............Good question..................Vick does not deserve to return to the NFL..............

2035 days ago

VB

To all the racist out there, BLACK OR WHITE.... there is no room in our society for this. I grew up in a military family in the 60's. My parents NEVER talked to us about race. We were raised to believe no one is better than anyone else. There are white people out here that I am ashamed to even hear them speak. My thing with the Vick issue is that blacks want to blame everything on the white man. If we are intending to move on it can't be done with nothing but blame. I find black people to be more racist than white people. Now, as far as me being a coward, I beg your pardon. If we were in a public forum with this topic I would express my views. I really want to know why black people are so racist and hate white people the way most of you do. It will never end because I do not think blacks want it to end. Some use it as a crutch and always will. I do not want my grandson raised in this type of hate. It will only end when ALL of us understand where the hate comes from.

2035 days ago

VB

Max61 you hit the nail on the head!!!! Thnsk for your help,

2035 days ago

Max61

..............jpsgran...........Thanks............Someone once said that you should never discuss, Politics, Sex, or Religion in public, or the next coctail party............Could be...................I sometimes think I go too far discussing different items, with different people, for different reasons.....................Not the expressing, but the reception ability.............The internet is a double edged sword..........high highs...(finding something new and really interesting),,,,low lows...(finding people who just can't comprehend).......and the people like Michael Vick.................I keep watching for news as to how the hearing went on the early release and the hearing with the 5 large debt holders..............Again, Roger Goodell holds all the cards......

2035 days ago

VB

mrblaq, why do you hate white people so much? The anger toward us is very apparent. I grew up all over the U.S. and now live in Texas. I have NEVER come in contact with a person as bitter as you are, black or white. I feel black people have MORE advantages than other races. It is easier for a black person to get a schlarship to a university, medical attention and many other resources are open to them. It is easier for your race to do many things BECAUSE of their race. White people can not have a Black Histiry Month, Miss Black America nor can we have a show on TV with only white people. Blacks are allowed to do all of these things. What is the difference? I know MANY black people contributed in MANY great things in this country, but it is the racism that makes some people forget. As I stated earlier I do not hate Vick, I absolutely hate what he did. If it was my next door neighbor I would hate it just as much. Also, I will say again, blacks were not the only people who voted for Obama. If we want the changes it starts with you AND me.

2034 days ago

Max61

..........mrblaq..........I just got back or would have answered sooner................Hmmmmmmmm..................You know, that comparing credentials, on the internet is foolish.............You should know better than that.................Anyone can say anything, right?.........And you might be surprised.....................You know jpsgran, made some good points, and you just kept up the hate talk........................And so, you finish up with my soul?..............Hmmmmmm..........Ok, how about something sterotypical?............Baptist are you?............Well, this seems to have become a, " I get the last word" situation..........I still have my same perception of you, and it would be interesting to see what words you use in your,......."books"?...........You are indeed a hate rhetoric type of person,...........And Michael Vick still deserves nothing...........I am going to hand it over to you now, and you can finish it up, however, you see fit........See there, that is what a, "narrow minded" person I am........................(by the way, I noticed you mispelled financially, a writer should know better?).............

2032 days ago

Max61

...............mrblaq........I lied,...............you can't have the last word yet..........jpsgran, stated, "it begins with you and me"........A good point, but you ignored it............You called me, "narrow minded, prejudiced, and racist...............Then finished it all up with, "have a nice life and God bless"............Hmmmmmm, what a dichotomy of thoughts..........How do you rationalize your hate rhetoric with your bible rhetoric?..........Did God tell you to hate others or to, not hate others?........Or, did God tell you to display your hate, call others names, THEN, tell them, "have a nice day".............Is anyone laughing out there in the dark?...............all this back and forth?................Surely, there must be someone, with a sense of humor somewhere?..................Well, Michael Vick has disappeared for some reason.............Vick deserves nothing and since mrblaq is a writer by profession,........maybe he will write letters to Roger Goodell, as the rest of us have, to state, no NFL for Vick......

2031 days ago

VB

mrblaq, I am so sorry you feel I am a racist. In my 53 years in this world I have never been called that. As I stated earlier racism was not taught in my home as a child, nor is it now. I honestly believe my 5 year grandson does not see color when he has after school play dates with some of his friends, in a perfect world he never will. I do not see how you can say medical insurance is substandard for blacks. How can that be? If you work for a company with insurance provided they can not have a different policy for blacks and whites. I never said black students got ALL of the scholarships, I said they get just as many as other students. I'm sure you and your parents worked hard over the years to put children through schools. That is no different than what I've done. My son had a baseball scholarship but it still cost me money. I also am a Hilary fan, I do not think Obama has the experience to run the country at this time, but I wish him the best. What I am trying to say is that no one will ever forget slavery or the injustice to blacks, but when will the blacks see that it will never end until we leave the past in the past. I am not screaming over the fact that the S.C. state flag had to be changed because it was upsetting to some black people. Well, I was born in S.C. and the flag was part of my history. When I look at the Confederate flag I do not see hate or racism, I just see a flag. That flag was part of my heritage but it was taken away from me. Was that fair? Until we all stop this childish war things will never change. Yes, my family is from the south, but as I said before, there are white people out there that make me ashamed. Not of my color, but of them. I am a proud southern white woman who taught her son to help others when he saw some one in need, no matter what. Always try to help the underdog, but only so far. The underdog has to help himself also. You can hate me for whatever reason but I think you hate me because I'm white. One more thing, I have no problem with you expressing your thoughts and/or feelings. I think you could do it a little nicer and stop calling Max61 and I names.

2031 days ago

LADYDEEDEE

First of ALL, I live in Atlanta Ga., and a few Years ago, A HOCKEY player was driving(Speeding) DRUNK down Lenox Rd(Buckhead area) in an expensive car with his teammate. Yes, his teammate died in the CRASH. No CHARGES OF MURDER NOR MANSLAUGHTER WAS EVER FILED. THIS WAS A HUMAN LIFE AND I NEVER HEARD FROM "PETA" nor you pinheads that will not let Vick live his life in PEACE. He's done his time, please move on with your lives. Remember he's still a RICH BLACK MAN IN AMERICA. And may I add Im not a Michael Vick fan, just tried of the Double standards from White people. So go and do your Reseach on the Hockey player from the Thrashers(the Murderer). Peace.

2031 days ago

VB

LadyDeeDee, no one is stoping Vick from living his life. I moved from Atlanta to Texas so don't go there with me. I agree that charges should have been brought against the driver and he should have served time. I do not wish Vick ill will, but I do not think he deserves to play in the NFL again. He was a poor excuse of a roll model to children. He knew the position he was in and chose to ignore it. I do not think there is a double standard and hope Vick finds peace. He will never find peace until he can look in the mirror and realize what he has done. I believe he is sorry that he got caught, not for the deed itself. One last thing, I do not care if you are black, white or purple if you commit a crime you have to be held accountable for your actions.

2030 days ago

VB

by me you are probably right when you say Vick will play in Dallas. I live north of Dallas so I know the nasty owner of the Cowboys will hire every convict out there. The Cowboys have not been the same since the class act of Landry, Jerry Jones has no class!

2030 days ago

Max61

.......Vick broke the law......about 12 to 17........most everyone agrees to this.......Vick received the light end of the sentencing prescbided by law..............70% agree and 30% do not agree.............Vick killed and hurt animals............most agree, some don't...............Vick will not be serving the complete, light sentenceing, he received...........Vick lost his money for several reasons, all created by Vick................NOW, we get to the returning of Vick to the NFL............30% agree, 70% do not agree............Roger Goodell has the last word, with input from the owners association and Arthur Blank............It remains to be seen how Goodell will handle all the mess created by Vick, and his six to ten years of activities...............Can any or all the individual people influence Goodell?......remains to be seen.................Last time Goodell received 300K letters in regard to Vick.............I suspect, not that many are getting there this time.............I also suspect that the 70% who do not want Vick around, will not change...........neither will the 30% who want Vick to play football...........................................I think each individual has to ask themselves, WHY, do I feel the way I do?...........If you are certain you have read enough data and understand the data and still feel the same way,............then do all in your power to affect the outcome of Vick's life..........................................Vick affected the outcome of many lives..........more than (54) dogs, three children, two mothers, other women due to his personal illness, the NFL, Falcon team players, the players association, his sport sponsors, his agent, his family members, his banks, businesses, children looking up to a football player, his own ethnic group, his high school, his college, his own city, his football city, any one ever associated with him, and individuals and enities we don't even know about..................This is too much to forgive and forget easily, or ever......The next hearing is scheduled for Feb.27..........the debt committee.........................I vote Vick never returns, just live a plain, regular life, and handle the problems he created............nothing more...............

2030 days ago

Max61

............jpsgran @ 3:08 pm...............Unfournately, you are correct about Jerry. Things were really different in the old days with Landry.............Maybe it was just a different time in history................Your right, though, no class, no intergrity.

2030 days ago

debbie conners

why would anyone stick up for this man?how do you think all them dogs felt/you did not feel the agony and pain that they felt.
how can any human being do something like this to an innocent animal,that would only turn around and lick him.how can pit bulls be given a bad name,when it is not even their fault?it is the rotton hands they are in. anyone that can put so much hurt,pain and suffering to an animal,ought to have the same thing done to them.why is this man getting off so easy like this?what a discrace to humanity.unfortunetly this man will never have to pay the price of all the dogs he tortured and killed,how sad that is.i don't even care how he played football,i don't care how good he was,he could not of been too good,if he had to fight and kill innocent dogs! don't let him play,he is a discrace to mankind and a bad inflluence.

2023 days ago

debbie conners

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING,THIS MAN OR ANY OTHER INNOCENT ANIMAL KILLING MONSTER,
WILL NEVER HAVE TO ENDURE THE HORRIBLE PAIN,AGONY AND SUFFERING THAT THEY PUT THESE ANIMALS THROUGH,UNLESS THE LAW CHANGES AND REALIZE THAT IF THESE PEOPLE THAT TORTURE AND KILL ANIMALS LIKE THIS,HAVE TO BE TREATED THE SAME WAY,FEEL THE SAME PAIN AND SUFFER JUST LIKE THE POOR ANIMALS
THEN THERE WOULD BE ALOT LESS OF THIS AND COULD EVEN STOP.UNFORTUNETLY THERE ARE TOO MANY NUTS AND WEIRDO'S OUT THERE,THAT WOULD GO TO ANY LENGTH TO BE SO CRUEL AND HEARTLESS TO AN ANIMAL THAT JUST WANTS TO BE LOVED AND CARED FOR.THESE PEOPLE THAT CAN STAND THERE AND WATCH SUCH A HORRID THING LIKE THIS HAVE TO BE SICK IN THE HEAD.HOW CAN A NORMAL HUMAN BEING SIT THERE AND SEE THIS GO ON?ME AS A PERSON,IF I EVER SAW SOMETHINGN LIKE THIS I WOULD DO ANYTHING TO STEP IN TO SAVE AND PROTECT THESE POOR DOGS.WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?MABE IF A PETITION IS STARTED,THAT IF PEOPLE ARE DOING THIS HORRIBLE CRUEL ACT ON AN ANIMAL,THAT GET IT RIGHT BACK AND LET THEM SEE HOW IT FEELS.AND LIKE I SAID,ONCE THESE PEOPLE KNOW AND REALLY DO HAVE TO GO THROUGH WHAT THEY MADE THE POOR ANIMAL GO THROUGH,YOU WOULD SEE A CHANGE IN THIS.THE PROBLAM IS THESE PEOPLE GET NOTHING FOR WHAT THEY INFLICT ON ANIMALS,THEY GOT A SLAP ON THE HAND,AND PUT IN JAIL FOR A FEW MONTHS AND LET OUT LIKE THIS MONSTER VICK,HE AND ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE THINK HE SERVED HIS TIME.LET ME TELL YOU,THIS MAN OR ANYONE ELSE WILL NEVER SERVE THEIR TIME,UNLESS THEY ARE CAGED,THROWN IN A TORTURE RING,AND TERRIBLY SUFFER A HORRIBLE DEATH AS THEY DID TO ALL THE HOW MANY POOR ANIMALS THEY KILLED.

2023 days ago