Bale vs. Director -- Best Freak Out

2/4/2009 3:16 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Christian Bale's tirade is epic, no doubt. But remember the explosion on the Lily Tomlin set when David O. Russell ripped her a new one?

Click to view!Click to view!

irv treusch

I lived in foreign countries for eight years, and I dont even want to think about what would have happened if I went off on a worker like the baby Bale did while I was making money in that country. Bale is an lucky, spoiled ingrate who needs to have his stupidity rewarded with a suspension of his ability to work in the greatest country in the world.

Laughing at that fool

I will never watch another film that Christian Bale makes. My 7 yr. old throws less of a temper tantrum then this idiot. I want to know how this fool gets away with this?????? Because he's a celebrity? Come on people he's a human being not a GOD!!! Someone needs to put him in his place. I hope everyone decides to do the same and boycott his films. Maybe then just maybe this idiot will get in idea of what an absolute immature brat he is. He needs to hire an assistant to walk around with him and hold his hand like a 5 yr. old child does to make sure he doesn't get in to any trouble.. and to help him with his behavioral problems. If he can't win an AWARD for his films he should win one for the most IMMATURE TANTRUM.

Will in AZ

"And by the way, we're out of coffee..."
I'll do that scene for 1/10th of what he makes and I don't care if the DP is doing cartwheels in the background. Bale is too overpaid and not that good. "American Psycho" wrapped years ago. Jackass

Fina

Unreal!!! How can anyone on that set not say anything to that arrogant idiot????? I have never heard a tantrum as horrendous ,mean,rude as this one not even by a 2 yr old !!!!!!! Is he bipolar? Time for meds!

Dr. Adams

Just goes to show you what these "stars" ..and I use that term losely....really think of the common person, so far as they are concerned we are just for them to walk all over and of course spend our dollars on at the box office.
There are some suckers out there willing to please C. Bale at the box office, but I for one wont be one of them, I refuse even to renting a video that C. Bale is in.
C. Bale....I think that its time for you to take a time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denise

Disgraceful behavior.

Dr. Adams

COME ON AMERICA........(((NO MORE C.BALE MOVIES)))...!!!!!!!!!

elisa36

Baldwin was given a bad time for calling his little girl a 'pig'. Can you imagine the tirade that this freak would have on a child??

And, the 'director' (McG OR Mickey G...) not only allows it but supports the behaviour by defending it???!!!

PARENTS: Be forewarned, don't take your child to a production of his! He might make an entrance!

Sue

He truly is the "American Psyco"

Debzilla

Russell was WAY worse, I thought he was gonna hit her! OMG he hit the guy in the corner with the books he shoved off the table! What an a-hole!

Gapeach

Bale is a very intense actor and doesn't break character - so I'm sure when you are that deep into a scene and some idiot comes walking on the set breaking his concentration (and apparently not for the first time) it's hard to be nice. I'm sure he regreted it as soon as he calmed down. I think we might have a different opinion if we could really hear all the other people on the set.

I think Russell's tantrum is worst - because Bale would never have gone that ballastic if the DP had been a woman. No matter what you all are going to say about his mother. His mother is a greedy and selfish person who thinks because she gave birth to him - he is responsible for her.

Fina

"24. The DP on TERMINATOR SALVATION, Shane Hurlbut, is a apparently a light tweaker. He's a fairly young DP and likes to fiddle with his lights on set during action, which is a big "NO NO" on most productions unless worked out in advance with performers. But apparently Shane was a pretty unrepentant light tweaker.

The scene in question, was a very emotional and tough scene between Christian Bale and Bryce Howard. A scene that required soul bearing and a deep level of immersive concentration. The sort of scene where everyone on set knows not to get in anyone's eye lines, and definitely not to move lights around while FILMING. You lock that s...t down before the scene starts.

Bale had indeed warned the DP on multiple occasions about messing with lights while the cameras were rolling, and Bale was in the midst of a painful scene with Bryce, what was described to me as being the emotional center of the film and his character for the film.

Now, the reason I know all of this is because the person that was there, felt that it should be made perfectly clear that Christian Bale was the utmost gentleman and cool guy on set. And the DP really was doing something that professional DPs with experience just don't do. Not during a performance.

I just felt that you should know what really went down - and that this particular outburst did indeed modify the DP's behavior - and for future DPs. F with the lights before and after your actors are acting. Not during."

Thank you for giving us more information. I still have a hard time accepting the behavior. Specially for as long as it went. I'm sure it was very humiliating for the DP and embarrassing for everyone around. He's an adult not a child. I believe he has anger issues. IMO

Firefly

Let's bail on Bale

Definition of Bale:

1.Misery, calamity, misfortune, sorrow

2.Evil, an evil, something causing great injury

Sonic..

Okay, one of the rules on set is you don't move around or cause any distraction to the people working in front of the camera or behind. If the DOP had done this before while Bale was trying to do a scene, which was mentioned, Bale has every right to call him on it. That being said, Wow! Talk about unloading on the guy. Bale shouldn't lost it the way he did but the DOP also walked into it.

Safe to say they won't be working together anytime soon.

kiki

i agree whole-heartedly with #6. I think that these people think that they are toooooo f- ing special. We did w/o them b4 we can surely do that again. Like we can't find BETTER actors (Bale) and directors (russel). FIRE THE LOT OF THEM AND SHOW THE NEXT GUY THAT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments