David Archuleta Gets Malled

2/5/2009 1:27 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David Archuleta is enjoying the spoils of having not won "American Idol" ... by performing in the parking lot of a mall. Tiffany would be so proud!

Somewhere there's a local balloon festival, opening of a housing development or a chicken wing joint with his name on it!

me

david is the best singer ever and he's AMAZING no matter where he sings!!!!!!! I have at least 4 of his CD's!!!!!!!

Lorraine

Not at all surprising that a sleazebucket rag like TMZ would put down a sweet, humble, talented kid. Their thinking is disordered and evil, as is the thinking of the few morons who post here bashing David. What sad lives you must lead!

npschoo

Daivd was doing some promotional stuff for his new single "A little too Not Over You" he hit alot of radio stations like a lot of artist do. He did this small preformance while he was there, he enjoys being out and about with his fans. He does NOT need to do shopping mall preformances, he has his own tour coming up at the end of the month and half the shows are already SOLD OUT! The new season of AI has started so don't you think it's time to pick on some one else?? But I hope your reporters and cameramen enjoyed the show that David put on because he is amazing!

socal

David is very talented and I'm happy that he's creating a career for himself. He deserves it.

jcmehsmon

Let me know the next "parking lot" he'll be at...I'll be there!!!! Love his singing!

samantha

Hey TMZ thanks for the publicity Losers! David was actually invited by a radio station to perform a free concert at this mall. Sounds like you must have been shopping for loser chips for yourselves that day. Get your facts straight. I bet you wish you had some talent. Jealous much?

here is more information on the above article. Check it out. Support David Archuleta I am a straight man in my 50's and my wife and I support David Archuleta. We bought his CD and his voice is just so amazing and pure. WOW! He has more radio station invitations than any other singer even the current grammy awards. Check this site out for more information:

"Fan Scene was OnScene at the PGA Commons David Archuleta performance on Feb 4 in Palm Beach Gardens, FL sponsored by WRMF 97.9" Go to this website and get some more information. Listen to the purity of this young man's voice without back up singers and loud bands and a bunch of distracting dancers. David Archuleta is an 18 year old musical genius. BRAVO David on your recent success. Ignore the pathetic human beings who have no life and talent.

htpp://archuletafanscene.com

Lisette

now where's his boyfriend, David Cook?

Hel

aww he was just promoting, and backing up the whole parking lot, that is impressive.

Amazing.

I went there! I'm so glad I got there early, because there ended up being around 500 people there. I love how you fail to mention that.
He was absolutely amazing live.

big_ghoti

Hey Archuleta, the difference between you singing in a parking lot and Carnegie Hall is ONE thing......your father!

marge

David's performance was just up a mile the road from me at PGA Commons and I find it hard to believe there were only 500 there... people of all ages were parking illegally all over the area, running across the highway... it was a very enthusiastic turn out for a talented young man. . I was driving by, and saw the crowds and wondered what was going on. I couldn't stop as I had an appointment, but friends who went were very enthusiastic. I think David has 500+ supportive fans and probably a number of these people will buy his album.

By the way, the Commons is not, strictly speaking a mall. It's an upscale outdoor shopping and dining venue in the Palm Beach area.

la

Besides being the most talented prodigy AI has introduced, DA is loved because he is humble and "one" with the people.
He will still be making albums 30 years from now because he is highly versatile and talented.

AnyPublicityisGoodPublicity

It speaks volumes that TMZ is still covering news about David A., no matter how unflattering they try to be. They recognize he has legions of fans that will come here and comment, which is exactly what they want, to increase hits on their site. Most of the former Idols, including many of the winners, fade back into obscurity pretty fast, and they don't generate enough interest for the lowlifes at TMZ to cover anything they do. I have a hunch this kid is going to be around for awhile, so you better get used to more insults being hurled in his direction. I'm not a fan, but I can see that his fans clearly have his back.

Ron

I think TMZ sucks all they is get just part of the story.like david archuleta.making fun of him peforming in a mall parking lot. it was a freakin fund raiser TMZ.what a bunch of retards.i will not watch your stupid show what a waste of time.

PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL -- Calling all American Idol fans, singing sensation David Archuleta will be in Palm Beach Gardens at noon, today. The idol runner-up will perform a free concert at the PGA Commons East plaza.

???????

Have read this article and seen how it was presented on TV....and it was very malicious because the guy (I have no clue what his name is) who was holding David's photo seemed to have reported the event without knowing the facts..he just assumed that here's poor David performing at parking lots of malls..As a fan of David, I am just disappointed that Harvey Levin does not check the reports being made to the public which are way too incorrect .Just read the comments of David fans here and you will get the idea of what is really happening to David's career...his solo tour starts on Feb.24 up to Mar. 21 covering 20 venues half of which are already SOLD OUT!!! Since they finished the Idol tour..he launched his 1st single (now PLATINUM); his self-titled album is already certified GOLD; have been invited to various important events to have the honor of singing the National Anthem (ACAPELLA - NO ACCOMPANIEMENT!!!); landed various magazine articles; radio interviews from all over to promote his singles...I don't know what information you still need to correct the misleading article you have made here. As a fan of David, I cannot take this just sitting down and say it's ok because IT"S NOT!!! PLEASE HAVE YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT...DO MORE RESEARCH...YOU DO NOT PRESENT THE TRUTH...or Is this how TMZ want to be known ... HARVEY LEVIN...YOUR REPUTATION IS AT STAKE HERE..YOU ARE IT'S HEAD HONCHO...AND YOU ARE A LAWYER...STATE THE TRUTH...GO AFTER THE FACTS & NOT JUST HEARSAY which your unnamed staff has done here.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments