« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Subway

Won't Throw Phelps

Back in Water

2/7/2009 2:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael PhelpsEveryone knows the first rule of marketing is to know your audience -- the kind of audience that orders two foot longs and a bag of chips a little past 4:20 each day.

Either way, Subway has decided not to ditch Michael Phelps following his incident with the device that's generally sold "for tobacco use only."

Subway says "Like most Americans, and like Michael Phelps himself, we were disappointed in his behavior. Also like most Americans, we accept his apology. Moving forward, he remains in our plans."

At least Michael knows where he can get his next meal, even if it isn't a bowl of Kellogg's cereal.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

nick

Sorry BEX but you're just an uptight lying piece of crap no matter how you prefer to spell your name.

sarah

9 Uh no, me and my husband both have degrees and own our house, never been on welfare, never had foodstamps. No my children do not smoke pot, nor would I smoke in front of them.
I have been smoking for over 20 yrs and never been arrested. but thanks for you concern,
My children are all honors students by the way, very wll ajusted and happy.
AND AGAIN DRIVING DRUNK IS MUCH WORSE THAN SMOKING A BOWL OF WEED, wake up tardos

Pickles

Welp I dont think his next meal will be a bowl of cereal...maybe a bowl of WEEDies....GO Micheal Phelps....See is just a little WEED!!!

Aero

SUBWAY JUST GOT ALL MY SANDWICH BUSINESS!!

goldieok

I'm going to patronize SUBWAY - - - i'm glad they didn't can him like kelloggs. Would they feel better if he was downing a 48oz vodka tonic? Pot is no big deal [for adults only of course] this country could save 10 billion $$ and fill up those tax coffers if they'd legalize and tax it like cigarettes. Gosh in some states it's the #1 cash crop.

blk-wido

America's insane take on pot is absurd; since the fifties...legalize it just like you did alcohol. Alcohol is much worse, statistics have always shown. Oh wait, if you legalize it; then the fat rat at the top won't get his share, all hail the law makers.

Twinker

I bet Michael has a footlong in his Speedo.
And I bet it's toasted and has lots of cheese on it.
Yum

Q

Get this guy medication----he's like a little mental kid suddenly let loose into society...his mother should be locked up for the monster she's created. No wonder his father, the state trooper, left her. She's the one thats the head case here, and she's an Educator? Good Grief

Vandra Vaughn

I think it's awesome they kept Phelps. He worked really hard to EARN his medals- and if he was smoking in those days he worked a lot harder than we think. Also, the kids that look up to him can learn a shame, consequences, second chances and when you're rich you can't trust anyone!

99centz

# 41, I agree with you 100%! I guess were toofastforthem!

Seerr Max

I was so surprised at the over-reaction to the nong incident. G-e-e-e-z ! It was a bong hit, can't think of anything more important? He was on his own personal private time, and it should have been no one else's business. Who ever the tool was that started this mess, must be very proud. With all the things going on in the world,.....Michaelp Phelps hitting on the bong, is the beat you can do?

blk-wido

MrZZZZZZZZZZ....sounds like you seriously need medication yourself!!! Hey, um; here's a news flash...YOU do not make the rules...life on life's terms. What are you some assembly of god church person, or just mental in the usual way? Don't care, just makes me laugh to read your posts, sound so pathetic. Legalize Pot, it'll freak out Mexico. Then they'll have to find another reason to kill each others. My attorney has the best connection. "wink-wink"

Rob

I'll be damned if I go to Subway again- I'll not give my money to a dope head. He was sorry he got caught - not that he did it. All these people have to do is stay out of trouble for a couple years and they can't even do that. What a joke and what a nice message to send Subway. Maybe your next commercial can show Jerrod and Phelps doing lines of coke off each others buttocks.

Leota

Good to see Subway is sticking with him. We went to Subway today to celebrate! ♥

GGG

Phelps got too big for his britches (speedo). He is a joke to the sports world now. He did not nor does take his sport serious any longer. Your two minutes of fame are up STONER!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments