Usher Cancels Gig Over "Serious Family Injury"

2/8/2009 11:37 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Usher A family emergency caused Usher to 86 his performance at a pre-Grammy party last night -- and one report claims it's because his wife is in trouble after having cosmetic surgery.

Music bigwig Clive Davis announced at his Pre-Grammy Bash that Usher's cancellation was due to a "serious injury in the family" -- and according to Access Hollywood, his wife Tameka had "experienced complications from plastic surgery" in Brazil.

Access claims a neurosurgeon is on the way to South America to assist Tameka -- who gave birth to their second child back in December.

Lisa

E! SAYS SHE DIED

a special fan

My prayers go out to Tameka a mother of five children a safe and speedy recovery your children need you.

R

That is why we should not go out of the country for cheap plastic surgery. Dumb.

Guess Who?

Now we know how these stars get hot bodies 20 seconds after giving birth. I knew the truth would be revealed son enough. Stupid, stupid, stupid....

Joanne

My thoughts and prayers are with the family..

p1tey1

A neurosurgeon?? That sounds serious. And I hope its not true.

Bill

Somehow, during the procedure a Cerebral Hemorrhage occurred, and brain swelling happened.
I heard she is on life support.

abby

W/ all that $, why go to Brazil? Go to Dr 90210.

shannon

hello? brazil?? what's wrong with good ol' US of A?

low fuel level

Well, a neurosurgeon I don't know, maybe a coma? She would need a vascular surgeon for a blood clot. I hope that she will be okay, especially, since she is a mom of two very young children. I wish we lived in a world where women were more than their imperfections. I can only imagine the kind of stress she must have felt to undergo plastic surgery so soon after giving birth. People need to grow up, stretch marks, sagging, aging, it happens to all of us, I'd rather just be an average person than have to live in a society where you have to have plastic surgery to fit in.

DJ

#15...I agree with you totally. I am an American and apologize for the ignorance. Dr Rey is well respected in the US and as you know...has his own TV show. He is also from Brazil.

I don't think this has anything to do with Usher...not caring about his wife. Common people or those without money don't realize this is the most exspensive. Those celebs with money often fly to small private islands for this very thing. They pay top dollar to have this done. Because of who they are...it is a privacy issue. They can't have this done in a normal setting or hospital. It wil leak big time! Then they can not heal comfortably and this intern causes more complications. The staff has to be very limited...which is why many of them choose to go this route.

If anything...she had it done too soon...with just having a child 2 months ago. I don't think it has anything to do with the dr in "Brazil" or Usher not "caring". Those are just ignorant assumptions.

DJ

Why is everyone so judgemental??? I only wish her a speedy recovery and will keep Usher and his family in my thoughts and prayers. May God cover them all and protect those children...regardless of her choices.

Boo

Yes Brazil has good surgeons, but their laws are not as strict as ours. For example, the lady who recently got well over a gallon of silicone to break the Guiness World Record for largest implants, went to Brazil- because the states have laws about using that much for implants. So that's a pretty good reason not to go to Brazil. Those types of laws are there for a reason.

SereiaMorena

It's unbeliavable some people can be so stupid.
If you think that people go to Brazil for a cheap plastic surgery,Think again!!!!!
Brazil has the best Plastic Surgey unit in the world.
Just to remind some of you Ivo Pitangui is Brazilian and Jack Onassis went all the way to Brazil to have her face lift with him, no because it was "cheap" but because Dr.Pitangui is the BEST ... so before start to go around and say nosense stuff do your homework. And don't forget K.West mom died on the hands of Dr. Adams (oh ...just to let you know he is an American )
Dr. RAY from the very hit show on E... is Brazilian too.
Just remember that every time anyone go to an operation there are many risks ... so think well before you do it.
I wish Tameca get well soon, hang on there Usher and God bless both of you :)

Oscar in Miami Beach

Instead of waiting the 8 weeks for the uterus to recede,she has to go to Brazil to have it cut up.Brazil?.You go to a Third World country for surgery,you get third rate surgery,of course.Like Usher was so very poor!People are ridiculous.To save a few dollars these cheap people will go an endanger their lives.Remember you get what you pay for.Let this be a lesson to everyone.And by the way,the costarrican Dr. Rey studied in the USA not in Third World Country Costa Rica.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments