Favreau: I'm Not Putting Words in Obama's Mouth

2/9/2009 4:23 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Everybody thinks Jon Favreau is writing all of Barack Obama's speeches -- and they're right.

Click to view!
Turns out there are two famous Jon Favreaus -- one is 42 and writes for Vince Vaughn ... the other is 27 and writes for Barack Obama ... as his official Director of Speechwriting. Dude is even credited with coming up with the "Yes We Can" slogan. Not too shabby...

Not only have the two Jon's met, but yesterday at LAX "Hollywood Favreau" claimed the other one was a "nice kid."

So the real question...

99centz

FIRST AGAIN!!! SORRY YOU JEALOUS HATERS

Mariah

OMG. "Yes we can" is a slogan to be credited for now?? Please. It is a simple sentence. I deserve credit for many a slogan myself if that is the case. Pretty soon they will want to have it patented like Paris did for "That's hot". What is the world coming to?

beachy

Maybe we ought to sue this dude. Seriously, if a punk like this gets the most inexperienced and angry fool into office, let's hang him.

Suck My Bronze.

Now if he came up with "DYN-O-MITE" I would be impressed.

Ted

Since Obama’s earnest drive to convince the nation to weaken its economic strength through redistribution as well as weaken its national defense, COUPLED WITH HIS UNPRECEDENTED WHITE HOUSE TAKEOVER OF DECENNIAL CENSUS TAKING FROM THE COMMERCE DEPARTMENT, has confirmed the very threats to our Republic’s survival that the Constitution was designed to avert, it no longer is sustainable for the United States Supreme Court and Military Joint Chiefs to refrain from exercising WHAT IS THEIR ABSOLUTE CONSTITUTIONAL DUTY TO DEFEND THE NATION FROM UNLAWFUL USURPATION. The questions of Obama’s Kenyan birth and his father’s Kenyan/British citizenship (admitted on his own website) have been conflated by his sustained unwillingnes to supply his long form birth certificate now under seal, and compounded by his internet posting of a discredited ‘after-the-fact’ short form ‘certificate’. In the absence of these issues being acknowledged and addressed, IT IS MANIFEST THAT OBAMA REMAINS INELIGIBLE TO BE PRESIDENT UNDER ARTICLE 2 OF THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION. Being a 14th Amendment ‘citizen’ is not sufficient. A ‘President’ MUST BE an Article 2 ‘natural born citizen’ AS DEFINED BY THE FRAMERS’ INTENT.

inspired

so obama is like an actor then? memorizing lines like an actor does so he can put on a show. wouldn't it be amusing if he went nuts like christian bale did and started yelling at somebody,... "what is it with you! you are f*ing up my scene man!"

del

#6 - Didn't you folks elect the biggest and worst actor of all time, Ronald Reagan, to commit atrocities with your tax dollars? I wouldn't throw rocks in that glass house if I were you - a supporter of folks who paid soldiers central america to rape and kill American nuns, for example.

del

Why does Vince Vaughn need a writer?

maeve

I have 3 boys and i have heard "yes we can" ever since they started watching Bob the Builder. Can we fix it?....yes we can!
Bob the builder should be pissed

Suck My Bronze.

My new catchphrase is:
Oh no he didn't!

Safprods

I like the one that will have to write the speech "I have no idea what I am doing, and now I am being forced to leave office immediately...."

john

WHAT???

You REALLY expected Obama to come up with all his clever words on his own?? hmmm let's take "hope" and dangle it over all these so "desperate" americans heads.. toss in a little bit of "change" for flavor, and have everyone chant "yes we can" like the brainwashed sheep they can be! Why not.. seems to have worked for him.

Brainless, uneducated, and uninformed Americans choosing THIS GUY for President!!? "let's make history".. You let celebrities, media, corruption, money, and greed make this choice for you. Oh, and an unfounded "guilt" for America's shameful past also played its role in this election process.

still scammin'

"Yes we can!' or rather, "Si, se puede" has been in use since Cesar Chavez organized labor in California decades ago!!!! Maybe it springs from a typical expression, but in this year's campaign it was hijacked from the Latino Labor Movement. Period.

Huh?

Hey TOFASTFORYOU,

You're so right, we are all jealous of you. We wish we could be like you and have no life, no friends, nowhere to go, nothing to do all day except stare at a monitor and jerking off while waiting for TMZ to post a story. Yeppers, you hit the nail on that head, we really envy you.

Fool, nothing says LOSER more than bragging to everyone that this is your biggest achievement in your sorry ass life.

candiru acu

Sammy Davis Jr. get an honorable mention for his "Yes, I Can" auto-bio?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments