Rihanna's Injuries -- "Horrific"

2/10/2009 2:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rihanna & Chris BrownLaw enforcement sources have now gotten specific with us... police took pictures of Rihanna's injuries and they are "horrific."

As we reported, the photos show major contusions on both sides of the singer's face -- there is serious swelling and bruising. Her lip is split and her nose bloody. We have now confirmed there are bite marks on one of her arms and on several fingers.

And we now know this... Rihanna claims Brown struck her with his fists and that's what did the damage. There was no object used in the alleged attack.

Rihanna refused treatment at the scene, but before she left cops took photos. We're told the photos alone are "devastating proof of abuse."

And we've learned it was not Rihanna who called 911. Someone in the area heard her screams and called.

sound

To all you jag offs giving excusing Chris or making up "what ifs" you all need to be jacked by someone with three times your strength. Getting your face beat in is inexcusable. Chris Brown should do some time for this AND get serious counseling.

Deanna

Well no one really knows what REALLY happenened yet so people need to wait before we know if the story is straight. So far TMZ is the only site that has actual information from law enforcement. All the other reports are alleged. But regardless, I love Chris brown and his music. he is very talented but i have lost ALL respect for him. There is no reason in the world to ever hit a women.

1980 days ago

get your facts straight tmz

Megans

There's no way in hell 3 people are fitting in that car. TRY AGAIN!!!!

Boon

Interesting you say they picked up another female in the car. I'm curious..was she riding on the hood? The lambo is a 2 seater smartass.

Chanelle26

You guys that are trying to blame Rihanna are straight idiots. If it was self defense, why no mention of his injuries? They were probably drinking and fighting. He took it way too far. Any man that hits a woman is lame...period. And those that are defending him and bashing her are even more lame. The chick hasn't said one word. She hasn't offered her story or tried to make him look like anything. She wasnt even the one who called the cops...witnesses were. They were both wrong for acting foolish in public...he was more foolish for putting his hands on her.

Pooks

Dammmmnnn... Geez, i gotta know what triggered this, i just gotta.. lol

Debzilla

OH MAH GAH!!!!!

dani

eh i didnt like her anyway.

jjj

I wish Chris Brown will pay severely for what he did. Rihanna has a successful growing career which she works hard to get, Then here comes this goofy, immature idiot to cause her pain and shame. The bastard should have caught aids, then that would mean he would DIE. You people need to be ashamed for picking up for him...get your face bashed in and your body beaten, and see how you like it a*sholes.

Dr. Adams

What a disgusting Pig Chris "Ike Tuner" Brown is, mere words can't
describe what I think of his ignorant azz, He needs to pay for his
actions, in the worst way possible....Watching his career fall to the
wayside while he does a stint in jail, but we have to be realistic,
although we have the best justice system in the entire world, "Where
celeb's are concerned our Lady Justice turns a blind eye but all the
while holding out a hand to be filled with money that ass holes like
Brown can afford to buy they're justice. My wish is to see him
singing at grand openings of Burger Kings

Paris

It's true that none of us were there so we don't positively know what happened but for the people that say that her story doesn't add up what are you talking about? She hasn't made any statements it's the reporters who are covering the story. And this incident just happened and the story is still developing so any mistakes that TMZ or anyone else is making is expected. They are reporting the info as they get it. And whoever said that she is a lying ho I guess you know her personally and you were there when the whole incident went down, so you would know right? Please, let's stop pretending that we were there and we know what actually happened. Read the quotes from the law enforcers who were there and saw her bruises and everything. Why would thery lie? But anyway bottomline none of us were there so we really only know what we read.

amanda

has anyone noticed that rihanna has tried to stay away as far as possible from the paparazzi? why all of a sudden would she try to pull a stunt like this? i doubt she needs negative attention like this. i hope chris brown's career is over. he's a sad excuse for a human being, i don't care what anyone says.

Tia

If he was hitting her inside the car she could have been trying to defend herself by pushing him away, putting her hands in his face and he bit her. Very plausible with the confines of the car.

Jennie from the Rock

I had a huge feeling she was not the one who called the police and that someone heard the noise. How sad this is and I am sure this was not the first time. Here they are always trying to show they are not a couple and act as friends and this is the way the world finds out that they are for sure a couple and not only that but another secret has been let out that he beats on her and I have a feeling this was not the first time. I feel really badly for Rhianna and hopefully she is able to get thru this and not start to feel sorry for him but to move on. I think Haley Bary had a similiar incident happen but her story was never made public like this. Stay strong Rhianna!

yupyup

Serenity, no. 13
You posted...

"I have had to bite someone before to get their hands/arms off of me. May make me sound like a bitch, but, oh well. The only other option would have been to hit them"

That is not true... I have never had to bite someone in a fight, it was not because I was unable to hit them, The person that bit me was a cheater.... Buck up be a man..but then again if you were a man you wouldnt bite!!
We are not dumb animals.

I have only met one man in my life that never hit me back, even when I deserved it...

Signed,