« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Brett Favre Retires ... Again

2/11/2009 10:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bret FavreTake last year's Brett Favre retirement speech, substitute Jets for Packers (and remove any references to playing well), and you've got today's news: Favre is done.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Paco

How we jump ship so easy. Do you not remember all the good games he gave us?

1970 days ago

vicki

Brett Farve,
PLEASE COME AND HELP THE HOPELESS CHICAGO BEARS. YOU ARE A BETTER QUARTERBACK THAN ANY OF THE QUARTERBACKS THAT ARE PRESENTLY ON THE BEARS. PLEASE, PLEASE COME AND HELP THE BEARS.

They need you, Brett. PLEASE

2017 days ago

hoochie mama

FIRST.....i hope Favre is done...and if he changes his mind, I hope the Jets say thanks, but no thanks.!!!
Jets need to develop a QB. Clemens is not the answer. Mark Sanchez is looking pretty good right now, if they can trade up...

just my opinion
daveedt

2017 days ago

samy

Its really quite sad, because a year or 2 ago, he was a hero for so many people. Now he comes off as a DRAMA QUEEN or a spoiled athlete who screwed over his own team. Hope he actually stays retired this time, maybe then hell get some respect back from players and fans alike.

2017 days ago

Jackie

As a Wisconsinite... I was appropriately sad last year when Favre retired... then I was annoyed with the whole drama-drama that unfolded last summer. I was so disappointed in both him and the Packers' management team. The way everything unfolded was so high school and made everyone look foolish.

Favre seems like a good guy overall, but it is time to hang it up. His heart doesn't seem to be in the game anymore and it would be such a shame to hurt his legacy further by bopping around the NFL to whoever will take him.

GO PACK!!!

2017 days ago

Vicky

I don't want to hear or read anything about this man until he learns how to pronounce his own NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2017 days ago

pk

Wait a few months and he'll be begging to play for AZ. Jerk we don't want you, Pleeeeeeeeeese just go away and never be seen again, We can't stand a crybaby!

2017 days ago

Don

Whatever. I'll believe it when I see him as a color commentator next to that old bald headed former QB dude from the Steelers. Or the guy from Miami with a toupe.

2017 days ago

hoochie mama

Jacki.....as a Packer Fan, i can see why the frustration with Favre. WILL-HE or WON'T-HE retire?
I think the Packers dropped the ball about three years ago, when they gave in to him.
I don't know if your QB needs more time, or if he's going to be a bust, but if he had started two or three years ago, the Packers would've had an answer by now. We, as Jets fans, are glad the drama is over. It's time for the Jets to look for a QB for the future. Pennington was not the answer. How many years does your current starter have left on his contract?

daveedt in dallas

RAY LEWIS WOULD LOOK GOOD IN A JETS UNIFORM TOO

2016 days ago

Jackie

Daveedt - I don't know how much time Rodgers has left on his contract, but I know that he'll be around for a few more years at least.

He will be a good, solid QB, I think. His first season was better than or as good as Favre's first season as a Packer. He just doesn't have Favre's charisma and doesn't really give good interviews. However, Packerworld is coming to accept him. And, I really hope they put good players around him.

Yeah, Jets fans can breathe a sigh of relief if Favre is going to really retire. It will be nice to not have to deal with "Tracker Watch", let me tell you!! And, I agree to a point. I mean, Favre had a great run in 2007 in Green Bay, but the 4-12 season in 2006 was... well, I think 'nuff said on that.

2016 days ago

daz

I think that its about time that Favre finally retired!! I'm a hard core packers fan and when Favre retired i was sad... as well as most of Wisconsin. (from what i think)
But when the whole Favre comming back... I wanted him gone! Its been since like 2004 when he said that this might be the last game that ill ever play and i was like OK dude make up your freakin mind!
I think that Favre should go! He is and will probably always be the best QB but he needs to step put of the spotlight! Everyone will remember him he doesnt need anymore big stories anymore!

O and the Bears still suck....

2016 days ago

Wc from Sc

HIS DAYS IS LONG GONE, YOU DID YOUR TIME GOOD BYE, GLAD YOU ARE GONE.....

2016 days ago

Kenneth

This day is the day i have been dreaming about so long. It's finally here!!!! Yippee!!

2016 days ago

Laure H

GOOD RIDDANCE to brett favre. He can never make up his mind so go back home and cry like a baby like all these idiots from green bay are doing. WAH WAH WAH. WHO CARES? NO ONE> STAY RETIRED.What a pain in the ass he is.

2016 days ago

One sick of him girl

Why did he not stay retired when he was .it just like he wants people to beg him to play HE DID;NT PLAY THAT MUCH ANYHOW .he was always braking a nail all the time and saying he was hurt .IS THIS NOT THE RISK OF THE GAME . there not out on the field playing tag afer all its a rough game if you cant take it stay home.

2015 days ago