Asians Want $4 Billion From Miley Cyrus

2/12/2009 4:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A Los Angeles woman has filed a class action suit against Miley Cyrus, claiming she mocked Asians in a recent photo by slanting her eyes. Price tag: $4 billion.

miley cyrus sued

Lucie J. Kim claims to represent more than 1 million Asian Pacific Islanders who live in L.A. County. Kim claims when Cyrus posed for the photo, she "knew or should have known that her image would be publicly disseminated via the media, which Cyrus knew focused on her private life, specifically TMZ."

Kim says in the suit, filed Wednesday in L.A. County Superior Court, that each Asian Pacific Islander is entitled to the minimum damages for a civil rights violation -- $4,000. Add it up -- $4 billion!

Kim says Miley's "just a kid" defense doesn't fly. She says it's like Paris Hilton claiming to be just a kid. Ouch.

Miley's peeps could not immediately be reached for comment.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Raven

Miley hasn't had to pay yet. She SHOULDN'T have to either. We here in the US have the right to FREE SPEECH. If you're offended-GET BENT!!! But, too many losers have nothing else better to do than run and sue someone. This BS is ridiculous. I think I'll sue Ms.Kim for forcing me to undergo extreme humiliation at the thought of a woman being that FREAKING stupid. As a woman, I will probably be made fun of because Ms. Kim and I both HAVE UTERUSES. Everyone will think I'm as stupid as she is and it isn't fair. Violating my civil rights and forcing me to suffer the devastating humiliation with all the women in the world being judged by Ms. Kim's standard......More than $4 billion. Where's my check, Ms Kim? Multiply $4,000 by every woman in this country for your STUPID tax..WORTHLESS LOSER!!!!

1969 days ago

konchok

wow to all the "asians" defending her y'all should be ashamed of yourselves! FINALLY ONE person has the balls to stand up for the ASIANS and do what Rosa Parks, Malcolm X & MLK did for the blacks. thank you Lucie J. Kim!!!!!!!!!

to the idiots going "what about the others?" the others are NOBODY! what we need to do is take out the person that has a little bit of a value on the social ladder and people will take notice, one by one all will see that RACISM IS WRONG!!!!!

1969 days ago

miss bitch

What happened to my comments about the stupid ugly white people with bigger eyes? Are you scared, TMZ?

1965 days ago

blah blah

JOE JONAS did the same thing!!!!!!!!!....lol I WONDER WHAT GONNA HAPPEN NOW!!!

1955 days ago

Callie Temple

OOOOOHH MY GOSH!! GET OVER IT!! EVERY SINGLE TEENAGER DOES STUPID CRAP ON A DAILY BASIS YOU JUST DONT SEE IT CAUSE YOU'RE NOT IN THE SPOTLIGHT! I WISH PEOPLE WOULD JUST LEAVE HER ALONE AND STOP PUTTING SO MUCH ENERGY INTO HATING SOMEONE THEY DONT EVEN KNOW!!! EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET OVER THEMSELVES AND GROW UP - YOU ARE ACTING AS CHILDISH AS HER.

1951 days ago

Jay m

Tell me who has not made fun of any one group in this world.

1949 days ago

Kris

Has anyone every wondered why Miley is the only one being sued? I agree that she is stupid but there are 5 other people in the picture as well. Then they all should be sued for 4 billion dollars. It is just because she has money. This should be thrown out of court and the woman suing should have to pay for all court costs. This is the only way our society will stop these frivilous suits!

1986 days ago

argeos delweer

the picture is an obvious plaything between friends: non-asians making asian faces.....and the asian one making a caucasian face..... fun things between friends ! Miley Cirus should not apologize anything to anyone ! Shame on others to pressure her, and her friends.

1985 days ago

magz

Wow, I am Asian and this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I think this picture is pretty stupid, but why sweat this teenager. She clearly has no class, they need to just leave it alone. People get offended everyday by things other people do. Take it for what it is and keep it moving

1985 days ago

annie

miley will afraid to come to asia i think
not all the asians is like that woman

1984 days ago

anonymous

r u being racist comment 888? u know what all racist ppl shut up and i think this lawsuit is great i hate miley cyrus shes a stupid whore

1981 days ago

first lady

If this flies, then I am suing all white people who inject fat into their lips. I think they may be mocking me as a black woman with big lips.

1980 days ago

aicala101

Ok Down with Whitey.. Stop being a racist bastard. because the "white men" are not all idiots and shouldn't have to pay for others mistakes. And what about all the other damn races discriminating on everyone else. It's not just the whites anymore smart ass, its everyone one. So get your head out of your ass and realize she's just a kid and it was not meant to be racist it was a joke. kids do that. so shut the heck up.

1975 days ago

greg parke

sorry miss kim there is a new law in this country called the first amendment which gives miley the right to express herself even if you disagree with it that is why people that paint jesus in a bottle of urine also have the right to do that to even though it greatly offends christians.

1975 days ago

STACE

wow, i'm asian and my friends do this all the time, and it's not a big deal cause it's all in good fun. this lucie j. kim should get over herself... just look at the only asian dude in the picture he obviously was in on the joke too

1975 days ago