Jay-Z -- Chris Who?

2/15/2009 9:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

jay-z, rihanna, chris brownJay-Z weighed in yesterday on the Rihanna situation, asking that everyone support her while she goes through this "tough time." And by "tough time" we think he means the whole assault thing.

But what's more important is what the rapper didn't say -- specifically, anything about the guy who actually beat the crap out of the singer -- allegedly.

Just seems like the right moment to talk about the whole domestic violence thing. But rappers are sounding more like insurance reps, guarding their words like muthas. The best is Ray J, who wished both Chris B and Rihanna "the best."

Mr. J sounds like a Hallmark card.

Mahogany

and beat her ass in ten min? "then leave until she called the police. I heard she spit on him and slapped him in the face when he received a text . I don't condone him hitting a woman but if she has past abuse fighting her brothers fist to cuff and hitting her brothers in the face with a bottle as a magazine reported. Who's the ABUSER!!!!!!!!!. Rhianna needs to tell the truth if she has any dignity. If she ever loved him. I been through domestic violence and I know how it can destroy lives only the truth will set whoever free to live life productively. Don't destroy someones destiny when BOTH failed. It's not just a Chris Brown Problem it's a Rhianna problem. ABC needs to stay out of it. To Rhianna You are a very beautiful woman. Black woman no(not being racist) if somebody text your man you want to beat their ass. Am I lying? None of it should of happened like that. I had so much respect for both of you and ANYONE who is reading this . Think about it!!!!!! God knows the truth and the truth will set who ever free. For all the people that are dropping CHRIS BROWN because of this unfortunate situation Judge not for you will be judged. Whatever happens in their darkest night will shine in the light !!!! Wish them the best .

2042 days ago

Teri Salina

Rhianna should have bodyguard protection. She is a young pretty,talented black girl,and should not be vulnerable to attack by out of control,jealous males or others. Her older relatives, the rest of her family, should send someone to help guide and protect her.After all she is only 20 years old.

2040 days ago

DJ.BIG A

I AM FROM JACKSONVILLE,FLA OUR HOMETOWN GIRL ASIA CRUISE IS IN L.A. WORKING WITH COLBY ODONIS ,THEY JUST DROPPED A NEW SONG ON YOUTUBE CALLED "RUNAWAY"SHE ALSO HAS SONGS ON YOU TUBE WITH T-PAIN,YUNG JOCK AND OPENED UP FOR CHRIS BROWN IN HAWAII ,BEING AN ASIAN SHE HAS HAD TO OVERCOME SOME MAJOR OBSTACLE .AN ARTICLE IN U.S.A. TODAY VOTED HER ONE OF THE TOP 5 FEMALE ARTIST TO WATCH WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID $$ "WE REALLY WANT TO KNOW IF SHE AND COLBY ARE DATING" $$COULD YOU PLEASE PLEASE FIND OUT PLEASE DO A STORY ON HER I KNOW AT LEAST HALF A BILLION ASIANS WOULD LIKE TO SEE ONE OF THEIR OWN ON TMZ HER SITE ALONE HAS OVER 6.5 MILLION HITS ALONE I SAID ALL THIS IN HOPE THAT YOU MIGHT SEE THAT SHE'S WORTH DOING A STORY ON "

2036 days ago

Almond49

Chris Brown will only be known as a woman beter and nothing else. I mean who knows any of his songs? Or the movie he has acted in? Nobody!

2028 days ago

nicole nicole

wow

2045 days ago

robyn

2045 days ago

levelhead

Yea because they think like she could have deserved it, Blame the victim only rappers look at women as objects.

2045 days ago

levelhead

I do not see the big deal he bust her wide open and told her don't bring it back

2045 days ago

sparkys nemesis

Disappointed in Jay-Z who I thought was RiRi's fierce protector.

2045 days ago

sliknik

Jay Z is too smart to let the media twist his words. That's right Jay.... Keep it simple.

Can somebody please tell me where the h3ll was the PAPARAZZI when the fight went down?

NO CELL PICS. NO NOTHING.

They followed Chrianna the entire time they were in LA but no body has footage of this.

What freaking ever!!!!!! It all sounds fishy to me.

Something happened but not to the extent the media is making it out to be.

2045 days ago

Leocious

The idea is that his name stops becoming relevant, so that if something was to happen to him, it wouldn't make much of a splash. Jay-Z is Rihanna's producer. Any of you really think that Jay-Z is just going to stand idly by and let someone mess with his gold mine? Unless he were to switch to christian music, Chris' career in music is done.

2045 days ago

Bex

Why would he condemn Chris? Don't all brotha's beat their women? All Jay Z cares about is makin money off the bimbo.

2045 days ago

Bex

Where are the pictures? I don't believe this event even happened.

2045 days ago

D

Where's all the rage in the hip-hop community against Mr. Brown?

2045 days ago

Zoya

#9 thats exactly why Jay-z would condem Chris brown--- Because he cant make money off the girl when her face is a mess from being beaten "alllegedly" by her boyfriend. She didnt show up to perform at the grammys she canceled a concert.. All of which is costing him any money he may be able to reap from her. Not to mention this unfortunate event has put a unneeded blemish on her career.Because people are already saying hateful things abt her saying she asked for it , that she has a std ect... If I was Chris I hope he banked some money so he can go to plumber or electrician school.

2045 days ago