Jay-Z -- Chris Who?

2/15/2009 9:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

jay-z, rihanna, chris brownJay-Z weighed in yesterday on the Rihanna situation, asking that everyone support her while she goes through this "tough time." And by "tough time" we think he means the whole assault thing.

But what's more important is what the rapper didn't say -- specifically, anything about the guy who actually beat the crap out of the singer -- allegedly.

Just seems like the right moment to talk about the whole domestic violence thing. But rappers are sounding more like insurance reps, guarding their words like muthas. The best is Ray J, who wished both Chris B and Rihanna "the best."

Mr. J sounds like a Hallmark card.

J

#16, you must have been there since you know that he defintely did beat her, so publish the photos. You're the kind of naive gossip that the media write these articles for.

#14, nice end to your comment.

Chris Brown is not even a rapper, he is an R&B singer. He's never carried himself like a rapper, he's always been all sweetness and smiles.

Jay Z is choosing his words carefully because he has no idea what really happened and if he threatens Chris and the 'official' statement reveals that what happened was not half as bad as the media are reporting, he might have to deal with a backlash himself.

steroidman

TMZ should change it's name to KKK judging by all the ignorant people that are on this site. Stop judging everyone else and take care of your own lives. LOSERS!!!

Bex

Common Sense--take your own advce, moron.

Bex

Common Sense? I think not------So if you say ghetto your racist? People like you playing the race card are the racist ones. Take a chill pill and stop your hate.

annmarie from Texas

to Common Sense:

you are an idiot.

black, white, whatever. this stupid guy hit a woman. beat her up.

it's you who have the prejudice.
you stupid fool. don't defend Chris Brown's hate.

What?

Previous reports stated that her injuries were "horrific." Surely the police and hospital have pictures. Just sayin........

sliknik

NO, I am a woman. A person that thinks for herself and not let the media completely influence me. I can't just say bad things about Rihanna or Chris because I don't know want really happened and neither does anyone else on this blog. No one in the industry knows either. So, how can they make any statements at all.

I must ask this question again....

Can somebody please tell me where the h3ll was the PAPARAZZI when the fight went down?

NO CELL PICS. NO NOTHING.

They followed Chrianna the entire time they were in LA but no body has footage of this.

What freaking ever!!!!!!

IT ALL SOUNDS FISHY TO ME.

Something happened but not to the extent the media is making it out to be.

noyankhere

when you read the assine comments of the women beaters on blogs yo begin to understand why men get away with the things they do. shessh women are their own worse enemy as they are the first ones to defend them... i bet riri goes back to chris brown for another patch of beatings after all the dust has settled ... she is also part of the problem.. an enabler.. any woman allowing a man to beat is no better

Bex

Common Sense...not a very appropriate name for such a racist. A more apt name would be "Dimwit"

sliknik

# 35 STOP POSING AS IF YOU ARE SLIKNIK. YOU ARE NOT ME. THANKS

gojoe

SLIKNIK: YOU HAVE ALREADY ESTABLISHED YOURSELF TO BE PART OF THE CHRIS BROWN PR PATCHWORK CAMP. ENOUGH WITH THE DENIAL ALREADY AND GROW THE F**K UP!!!

2074 days ago

This is unbelievable. The girl got beat up. (I mean why hasn't she been seen in a week for those doubters!) I don't understand why no one is speaking out AGAINST domestic abuse. It amazes me how women are still demoralized in society. No one has spoken up for her. The only comments I hear is how great a guy Chris is. It infuriates me! He is a kid and needs to be punished both by his peers who need to speak out against what he did and the court of law. They are setting a perfect example for men right now...that it is ok to beat up a woman, ESPECIALLY if you are famous. Did we not learn anything from OJ Simpson????!!

sliknik

@ 29 JOHN,

I don't know which comment you are referring to. GHETTO, I am not. HIGH SCHOOL DROP OUT, I am not.

Why would their camps send them to the Grammy's together and they had just broke up two weeks before.

They are just barely out of their teens. They were supposedly in a real relationship. Therefore, there was still some tension there. Teens can't do the grown up hollywood scene. Yes, its done by most adult hollywood. Let's pretend we are still together even though we are not. Their publicists that recommended them to attend the Grammy's together for the publicity were just plain stupid and knows nothing about young adults.

If saying that, is Ghetto then I guess I am. Sorry to bust your bubble though. I'm not from the ghetto and don't act ghetto either.

Bex

sliknik..you are an utter idiot. You can't comprehend plain English. Stop embarrassing yourself.

sliknik

@ 38 John

No, I am not part of Brown PR patchwork. I just want proof the incident took place like they are saying it did.

All this media attention and they don't have pictures, no video. I'm just saying. All they are providing are rumors. The media followed them the entire time they were in L.A. and they can't give us anything but rumors. They are taking bits and pieces from each other's website.

There is anyway i would be part of a PR team that would send two people out together that were already beefing.

Just doesn't make sense to me.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments