Ledger's Dad -- Thinking About an Oscar Speech

2/19/2009 11:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The entire Ledger family touched down in L.A. yesterday -- and after the flight from Australia, his father, Kim, said if Heath wins, he might be the guy doing the talking.

Kim Ledger: Click to watch
Matilda would reportedly get the Oscar when she turns 18. Kim said they would gladly hold onto it until then.

cherryblossoms

#1! Heath sure deserves to win no doubt about that, and it would be nice to hear his father accept it although I imagine that would be very hard.

Lucy

Heath was wonderful in the part of the Joker. His personality and talent will surely be missed. Hopefully, he will get the Oscar because he deserved it and not for the sympathy vote.

Shawnee

Ummm, I thought Michelle Williams was going to hold on to the Oscar? I read on Yahoo that she signed papers to hold the award until Matilda turns 18.

Kay

He was great in the role, but if he wins I hope it's because the Academy members thought it was the best performance, and not because he's dead. The other nominees shouldn't lose just because they are still alive.

wtf

Headline News reported Michelle was signing for it and was holding it for Matilda if he wins.

wtf

I do think it belongs with his family though and not Michelle.

Don

I loved Dark Knight as much as the next person. I'm an above average reader of Batman comics. I thought Heath Ledger was the best Joker ever...even better than Nicholsen. Here's the thing that bugs me. Sorry for using capslock, but I need an effective way to vent my frustration.

HE HASN'T WON THE DAMN THING YET. JESUS, PEOPLE. WTF. PEOPLE THOUGHT BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN WOULD GET BEST PICTURE AND PEOPLE WERE PLANNING CELEBRATION PARTIES AND ISH. IT DIDN'T FRICKIN HAPPEN. JEEZ. HE IS NOT GUARANTEED TO FRICKIN WIN, AS GOOD AS HIS PERFORMANCE WAS.

Ok, I'm done now.

Zoya

They? Aww according to the Academy it geos to the next of kin which is his only surving child Matilda..... And Michelle williams would hold it in trust with a signed agreement with the Academy. Matilda once she turns 18 would be given the option to keep it after she signs the standard agreement that everyone signs that says they wont sell it but return it to the Academy.... I hate to say it but Heaths family is acting like they have a sense of entitlement over everything regarding Heaths legacy-- which legally isnt theres because he has a surviving heir who truly owns his legacy.

Matilda is the ONLY one who deserves to have access to his legacy if he wins the Oscar.And I although I'm sure Heaths parents love Matilda..Its Michells resposibility to hold this honor for her and heaths daughter.. Deos anyone really think that after everything that has been written that it wont be safer with the Mom where the child can have ready access to it anytime she wants to see it instead of having to go through Grandma and Grandpa who live in Australia?

Howard Robard Hughes IIV

N TMZ`s GAyGUMPSLUMP wet dreamSS/PS that wantabee clwon knew 2much)=-1 .

Karen27

As others have said, Michelle already signed papers from the Academy to hold the award in trust for Matilda until she turns 18 when she is legally able to sign papers. Sad to say, but I don't think he is making the acceptance speech either. I think he is saying these things so people will be interested and to make himself seem more important. I have a feeling they will go with and actor or director to accept the statue, I think Jake Gyllenhal would be a great choice to accept. They were very close friends and since he is an actor he would be able to make a very good acceptance speech.

wtf

Posted at 10:12AM on Feb 19th 2009 by Zoya

He didn't say he was keeping it. He said he would be happy to hold it until she turned 18. He is Heath's father, stop acting like he is some schmuck off the street. He absolutely should be able to hold onto this item until Matilda is old enough. Michelle was a fly by night notch in the bed post with a oops as a result. She does not deserve anything from Heath and needs to stop using him to keep herself relevant.

puhllleeez

If Heath does indeed win (they're making up for Brokeback Mountain, which he absolutely should have won for) then Michelle should pick up the award, not Heath's publicity seeking father.

pollynoo

Jeeeeezusss! The no-talent is dead, not worth of an award and his family can go to hell.

Ding-Dang Y'all!

His da is an attention whore.

The only one who should get anything is the kid. Michelle has been a responsible mother. She is the legal guardian. When Matilda is 18, she can get the pity award and stare at it all day long. Meanwhile, Gramps oughta get kicked in the ass, hard.

buzzbomber

Brokeback Mountain ABSOLUTELY ruined his career. After that role, he could never really play a real man again without people flashing back to him having gay sex. Same goes for the other dude, what has he done after that?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments